Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Act 2 is out of the question. At most some general revamping of what's already here and some additional questline added here and there over time.

More levels (I'd say at most ONE more, raising the cap to 5) is a possibility, but unlikely so soon in EA.
More classes and races are coming for sure, but I wouldn't expect any of them before few months.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I imagine "the kid" will just be a young adult, unless Larian is going to introduce child killing.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I imagine "the kid" will just be a young adult, unless Larian is going to introduce child killing.
There already is child killing in the game

Oh...
28317.jpg

kreight

It's how the world works nowadays. With all internets, social media, technology, gadgets. Psychology, growing high income, leisure, way of life. Everyone shares everything in public without restraint. Yesterdays freaks became todays prime stars.

It's not the usual "o tempora, o mores!". There is more to it. I think.

Shrimp

Arbiter
How likely they’ll add some more char levels and/or big content chunks (maybe even act 2)?
Story content beyond the current content is very unlikely, especially since the EA seems to end right at the transition to a brand new map/area.
I think they'll mostly be revising/rewriting the currently accessible content such as quests, areas, combat encounters etc. during the remainder of the early access period. They might bump up the level cap to 5 later on just to get some free QA feedback on the implementation of 5th level actions, 3rd level spells etc.

Vatnik Wumao
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1086940/view/2934618050801266876
Community Update #10 - Romance Numbers & Cinematic Tweaks
Hello everyone,

It’s big patch time. But this time, not only are you going to feel the improvements, you’re also going to see them. As we’ve previously said, Early Access is about improving and iterating on every single facet of the game, and that includes all of the things you see and hear.

In this big patch, we’ve got general fixes for cinematics such as this one below. He was starting to get a crooked neck, and we’re pretty sure he doesn’t have health insurance so we helped him out a bit. See for yourself:

giphy.gif

It’s not just about tweaks though. As many of you know, despite playing through the Early Access content sometimes for up to a hundred hours or more (wow!) you still haven’t seen all of the content, because incrementally new things are seeded into the game. In this case, a missing cinematic. Where once was darkness, there is now light!

giphy.gif

See if you can spot the differences in the game for yourself, or continue to read this Community Update with attached patch notes for spoilers. You know you want to.

giphy.gif

A certain song has also been ‘re-shot’ by our cinematics team, which gives you an excuse to check it out again. Did you need one? Side note: we’ve been watching your reactions to this song in your VODs and YouTube videos, as well as in various streams, and the reactions are beautiful. Watching you play the game as we improve it is very motivating for all of us.

On the topic of music and joy, last week saw the Symphony of Sin, which included the first ever live performance of some of the music from Baldur’s Gate 3, as well as some wonderful songs from Divinity: Original Sin 2. You can watch the VOD here, it’s well worth it:

With that said, let’s look at some of the data that’s been making us smile over the week.

Everyone knows you can pet the dog in Baldur’s Gate 3, but did you know the dog has been petted 400k times? Such a good boy deserves that many pets.

giphy.gif

Speaking of good boys, last update we discussed how Gale was ultimately attacked quite a lot. Check out last week’s update for the stats on that. Somewhat contradicturally, he’s the most “romanced” of the party. He’s been “romanced” by 33% of players. Shadowheart came second, falling in love with 31% of players, and in return 31% of players fell in love with Shadowheart.

1.37% of players chose to sleep alone. Which is cool too! We have the other stats, but thought it might be fun if you gave it a shot and guessed them. One thing we’re seeing is the stan memes aren’t correlating with the actual “romance data”. For sure, there’s enough tinder in the campfire to ignite some flames.

On a less romantic note (though this really depends on your tastes), 5.87% of players tried to steal the ring… but 26.3% of those players merely sucked a toe. If you haven’t got there yet, you’ll know when you see it. Since we’re talking about failure statistics, many people have made it to The Underdark. But 40.79% of players who jumped down a large, dark hole arrived dead, because they leapt without Feather Fall.

We’re saving perhaps the most interesting until last. Slight spoiler, so if you don’t want spoilers, don’t read this. You may know that at a point in the game, you may side with one of two factions: the Tieflings against the goblins, or with Minthara who demands the gates are opened for the goblins to attack the Druids Grove.

74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems.

An optimistic note to end on.

Changelist:

Improvements:
  • Optimized overall sound settings to improve performance on lower spec machines
  • Added polish to several in-game cinematics
  • Attack of Opportunity indicator is now correctly hidden for invisible enemies
  • Improved timing of some tutorial messages
  • Improved usability of skill selection in character creation
  • Added new tutorial messages related to combat
  • Listening to other players’ dialogs now correctly shows the other players’ dice rolls
  • The reason for a waypoint being unavailable is now displayed on the map
  • Party members now correctly cancel their spell prepare state when switching to another character

Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash on startup for specific driver and hardware combinations
  • Fixed a crash related to trading with Zevlor after the raid on the grove
  • Fixed a crash in dialogs related to dynamically adding items
  • Fixed a crash in combat AI
  • Fixed a potential crash with moving platforms
  • Fixed a crash related to loading savegames while in a dialogue
  • Fixed a crash when destroying multiple familiars with a single spell
  • Fixed a crash related to unloading resources (when loading a save or returning to main menu)
  • Fixed a blocking issue when someone would join during level transition
  • Fixed a blocking issue when starting a dialog just as someone leaves the game
  • Fixed not being able to save anymore on the host when another player is stuck in “in dialog” state
  • Fixed players getting stuck in the same dialog inside the camp after choosing to fight Minthara
  • Fixed characters being stuck in animation if downed during precast spell
  • Fixed characters not being at the correct position after loading
  • Fixed not being able to talk to party members after talking with gale and summoning the weave
  • Fixed not being able to use some spell scrolls when out of spell slots
  • Fixed a rare issue for players that don’t have a profile on startup, requiring selection or a profile or creation of a new one
  • Fixed quest markers not showing up correctly when multiple markers point at the same object or location
  • Fixed the tieflings’ celebrations not proceeding correctly if the player had already done a long rest right before
  • Fixed the physics of the door on the Nautiloid reappearing after saving and loading
  • Fixed Ethel not triggering her ambush if she leaves her home during combat
  • Fixed several minor bugs related to in-game cinematics
  • Fixed zone spells not targeting invisible characters
  • Fixed summons from items not having an owner, causing them not to join combat
  • Fixed the goblins not using the war drum correctly
  • Fixed issues with lockpick progress going out of sync
  • Fixed savegame screenshots being too dark
  • Fixed spell sounds not playing correctly in multiplayer
  • Fixed a long black screen being displayed if a dialog was started just as another player was joining
  • Fixed Zevlor initiating dialog during combat
  • Fixed audio settings not resetting when switching profile
  • Fixed not being able to correctly switch character in trade window
  • Fixed not being able to click through scenery you can see through, improving navigation
  • Fixed the Gith becoming hostile incorrectly if Lae’zel was never recruited
  • Fixed additional reroll when using an inspiration point
  • Fixed inspiration points not being able to go up after using an inspiration point or gaining another one
  • Fixed an issue with the hidden vault entrance closing again after the puzzles are already solved
  • Fixed marking an item as a ware not getting set correctly
  • Fixed being able to select summons in the trade window
  • Fixed Zariel Tiefling clerics not being able to level up to level 4
  • Fixed character creation color tooltips
  • Fixed characters sometimes falling off moving platforms
  • Fixed several animation issues with torches
  • Fixed being able to select invalid targets for Misty Step skill
  • Fixed not being able to see other players’ hidden summons at all
  • Fixed party members being rearranged when detaching and reattaching characters to the group
  • Fixed certain equipment still generating sound after unequipping
  • Fixed several texture and skinning issues
  • Fixed several minor localization issues
  • Fixed minor issues with the action log

Mac specific:
  • Automatic crash reporter is now enabled for mac

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's how the world works nowadays. With all internets, social media, technology, gadgets. Psychology, growing high income, leisure, way of life. Everyone shares everything in public without restraint. Yesterdays freaks became todays prime stars.

It's not the usual "o tempora, o mores!". There is more to it. I think.

Mores same as they’ve ever been.

As are the usual dipshits who think they can get ahead of The House.

Child killing is base, not based.

That update is a big fat nothing.
I wasn't expecting much and I'm still disappointed.

But no, seriously. I said in the past days that for the first weeks I was expecting mostly small hotfixes and this is the case here.
More than anything I'm disappointed (but definitely not surprised) that they didn't spend a single word in the update addressing some of the recurring criticism or hinting at what's coming next.

Gale is the most romanced? That's surprising.
I would have put my money on Astarion, if I were to take a bet.

Vatnik Wumao
He's quirky, but not too over the top (as is the case with the vampfag) nor a wannabe good guy (as the warlock). I'm guessing that most male players went with no romance given that the choices are split between NE deity bitch and githyanki bitch.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
He's quirky, but not too over the top (as is the case with the vampfag) nor a wannabe good guy (as the warlock). I'm guessing that most male players went with no romance given that the choices are split between NE deity bitch and githyanki bitch.
If I'm reading the stats correctly, only 1% of players didn't romance anyone? I'd have guessed the most romanced to be Shadowheart, like by a huge margin. But I guess straight guys aren't such an overwhelming majority as they once were. Or they are purposefully romancing Gale for some other reason.

Vatnik Wumao
If I'm reading the stats correctly, only 1% of players didn't romance anyone? I'd have guessed the most romanced to be Shadowheart, like by a huge margin. But I guess straight guys aren't such an overwhelming majority as they once were. Or they are purposefully romancing Gale for some other reason.
Larian must have a *fabulous* fanbase. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom