Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Black

Arcane
Talk about the companions, talk about the companions' races, talk about the companions' companions' races for all I care -- but do so as it relates the the actual game, please.

Thank you.
Which BG3 companion would you be?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
they stop being companions when they are too edgy and confrontative towards pc
Sometimes when people have similar goals, they can work together towards that goal without agreeing on everything. As long as the group is actively working towards that goal in some way, it would make sense for them to stay together.

-The Ontopoly

Efe

Erudite
they all want to go about it in different ways. I don't see why anyone there would travel together

hell bovine

Arcane
they all want to go about it in different ways. I don't see why anyone there would travel together
The gith certainly wouldn't and the vamp elf doesn't really fit a party either. But the arcane spellcasting duo is nice (even though both are bugged, then again which class isn't) and they'd work together. And the cleric actually doesn't get much of a choice.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You probably missed the part where they just escaped the Nine Hells on a Mind Flayer ship and there's a grub in their head that might eat their brains anytime soon if they don't work together to reach their goals.

Efe

Erudite
You probably missed the part where they just escaped the Nine Hells on a Mind Flayer ship and there's a grub in their head that might eat their brains anytime soon if they don't work together to reach their goals.
And the part they kept whining and disagreeing about potential solutions throughout the whole chapter?
I get what you mean but its not reflected in-game. maybe your headcanon?

hell bovine

Arcane
I only had this with Laezel & Shadowheart. Though SH seemed a tad nicer when I've tried a Lloth drow, maybe she fancies them. :lol:

I suspect a lot of the complaints about companion approvals were because of the romances. Which is kind of hilarious, because BG3 companions are the very definition of easy.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Alpha implies they'll be able to change fundamentals. They won't.
The retarded chaining system is here to stay, mark my words.

Gargaune

Magister
Alpha implies they'll be able to change fundamentals. They won't.
The retarded chaining system is here to stay, mark my words.
That's what I fear as well. I dunno what GOG's rules are on refunding an Early Access game past the 30-day mark, but it's crossed my mind. Yes, that atrocious control scheme pisses me off so much that I'm reluctant to play.

Druid Ardun

Ye the game will definitely have fagglarian flavour to it, but I sincerely believe that it will be a good game. I am a massive storyfagg and as long as the story isn't absolute dogshit and choices actually have consequences, I'll be content.

user

Savant
Btw the whole tadpole companions thing will totally not be a DOSII reiteration of the god-woken race and the god king (which was a reiteration of the bhaalspawn now that I think about it).

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Ye the game will definitely have fagglarian flavour to it, but I sincerely believe that it will be a good game. I am a massive storyfagg and as long as the story isn't absolute dogshit and choices actually have consequences, I'll be content.
C&C is a myth. No one has actually ever seen it, just heard about it. Just like Neverwinter

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
C&C is a myth
Bullshit. Enough games have it.
I've never seen it. You're clearly lying. I've seen the first C but never the second.

Fallout 1 had it. If you tell an random guy about a thing that you should't say, you lose a lot of time to your quest. And it makes sense. PF:KM has an entire optional chapter depending on your choices. And the curse researches that you do also allows you to

Romance a nymph

Balduir's Gate 2 has some of it ie - chaotic evil companions would hate a lawful good PC but has some illusions of choices, eg - siding with thieves or vampires results in almost the same thing.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
C&C is a myth
Bullshit. Enough games have it.
I've never seen it. You're clearly lying. I've seen the first C but never the second.
Fallout.
Mount and Blade.
Way of the Samurai.
Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships.
Pathfinder Kingmaker.
Age of Decadence.
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magic Obscura.
rpgcodex.net
Realms of Arkania HD.
The expeditions Series.

Maybe you should stop sucking Larian dick so much and play some other games.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
It's all an illusion. You get a fancy power point slide or a bit of extra dialogue. Obviously saying it's never been done is a bit of an exaggeration but I would consider nothing less than an actual meaningful impact on the gameplay not a C.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Obviously saying it's never been done is a bit of an exaggeration but I would consider nothing less than an actual meaningful impact on the gameplay not a C.

On kingmaker, being evil allow you to have a unique advisor. Companion quests affects if you can use then or not on house at edge of time. BG3 seems very weak in C&C TBH.

Only those not made by BUGthesda IE - Fallout 1/2 and NV in less extent.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would consider nothing less than an actual meaningful impact on the gameplay not a C.
1. Mount and Blade: Your conduct and and how you treat other lords(enemies, allies or otherwise) affect their regard for you, their willingness to let you go after a fight, and their willingness to be persuaded into actions contrary to their nature.
2. Age of Decadence plays out completely differently based on your build and your allegiance. A combat heavy IG playthrough varies wildly from a lorefag run.
3. Way of the Samurai series ends differently based on who you side with, how you do what you do etc.
4. Again, stop sucking Larian dick so much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom