Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
D:OS' engine (1 and 2) was lightning fast for me, even when I didn't have an SSD, so I doubt they aren't going to do something about that. Optimization is usually the last thing that is done in development.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder what those mistakes are that we didn't already know would happen, namely the writing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
D:OS' engine (1 and 2) was lightning fast for me, even when I didn't have an SSD, so I doubt they aren't going to do something about that. Optimization is usually the last thing that is done in development.
It is possible,but for the EA the loading times are like 3 times the kingmaker's loading time. And yeah i am certain about,just finished replaying kingmaker last week.

Silverfish

Arbiter
You don't need spiders to do that for you.

HAHAHAHAHA

holds up hand for high five

TEI9qD_7H-jiLswVJCsQ6wSHhx2j_3uQ8s0sq0_v4EM.jpg

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Thank you, anonymous actual Baldur's Gate developer, for further reinforcing my biases. I will conveniently choose to believe that you are not "someone from here lol" so that I may further advance my butthurt agenda:
I mean, did he say anything that was outright wrong? Real or not, the message is mostly great. He's still a larian cultist for liking their games, but he's not completely lost

Gargaune

Magister
Thank you, anonymous actual Baldur's Gate developer, for further reinforcing my biases. I will conveniently choose to believe that you are not "someone from here lol" so that I may further advance my butthurt agenda:
I mean, did he say anything that was outright wrong? Real or not, the message is mostly great. He's still a larian cultist for liking their games, but he's not completely lost
I wasn't being sarcastic. :shittydog:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
After I land on the island or whatever it is, the game thinks I'm "mid conversation" and refuses to save. Can't talk with the illithid either. Anyone knows about it?

Bah

Arcane
After I land on the island or whatever it is, the game thinks I'm "mid conversation" and refuses to save. Can't talk with the illithid either. Anyone knows about it?

I also can't save after the ship crashes, but the game doesn't think I'm in mid-conversation so I can continue playing. But since the game inevitably crashes shortly after the first fight on the ground, I'm stuck repeating the 'escape-from-ship' fight over and over.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

I also can't save after the ship crashes, but the game doesn't think I'm in mid-conversation so I can continue playing. But since the game inevitably crashes shortly after the first fight on the ground, I'm stuck repeating the 'escape-from-ship' fight over and over.
Maybe I got stuck in "mid-conversation" after I clicked to talk with the dying illithid, but no conversation appeared. Was there supposed to be one?

Bah

Arcane

Maybe I got stuck in "mid-conversation" after I clicked to talk with the dying illithid, but no conversation appeared. Was there supposed to be one?

I never saw the option to talk with the dying Illithid. I've been just killing the imps and going to the back where the controls are to use them with the main character before the Illithid is killed.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
It going very strong: from 350k viewers to 70k viewers in 2days.
It was hard carried by a bunch of big streamers that wanted to try it but obviously didn't like it enough to continue playing it past the first day. Big drop off rate. It might look interesting but the game isn't actually interesting enough to keep them

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The combat is fine,but the levelling seems very much,like the shitty one of second edition. Tho i haven't levelled much,later maybe there is a bit more to it than clicking accept. The checks are shit because the die is loaded and haven't seen it get pass 10,also three crit fails on 95% to hit lol. The ui is really fucking bad. The inventory lacks any sorting options outside of the categories. The pathfinding AI is total shit,people constantly walk trough the fires. Also the environmental effects don't go away,shit keeps on burning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom