Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter
Anyway, how's the operation "Eye of Cyric" going?

1fuJqof.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyway, how's the operation "Eye of Cyric" going?

Is an awful idea. Sadly modernfags won everywhere but on codex and it is a matter of time till they win on codex too.

Nah, brah, we all like post-post-modern round here. 120 Ninjitsu they can't even see us coming or going.

Even Infintesimaldick will catch on eventually.

hell bovine

Arcane
Who cares about the companions, the new datamining video of patch 4 is out. The author clearly knows his audience, because he included a snapshot of that druid elf shirtless.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Oh yeah, I completely forgot to post about it.

Highlights:

Things we already long knew
1) Jaheira is coming back, although not as a companion.
2) The scars on Astarion's back are not a poem, it's an infernal pact.
3) There will probably be an opportunity to free Shadowheart on the ship.

New things.
1) Karlach is slowly getting a new model. She's huge, side of her face is scarred. She still has a paladin tag.
2) Hollyphant is datamined. Possible Zariel connection? Could be Lulu, her hollyphant.
3) Shadowheart will try to murder Lae'zel in her sleep.
4) There's a katana model. It may belong to Wyll.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lae'zel is leading, but surprisingly, Wyll and Astarion follow.

IMO Astarion is the worst. Only Larians manages to pick a vampire spawn companion and makes it boring...

Can we "romance" the shirtless druid? Asking the important questions here.

Is a matter of time till modders make you able to use enchantment spells to make him fall in love with you or something like that.

------

But interesting video about datamining. When he talk about the cleric "chosen of Shar", I wonder if Larian will gonna put low level "chosen of Gods" or something like that. Larian loves to have "epic low level campaigns", doesn't matter how paradoxal it is. If I talk that the sequel to a game which you can reach lv 31~40 depending on the class and ascend to Godhood starts on tutorial with you in Arvenus trying to flee a mindflayer spelljammer ship, and after it, you find a wizard companion with a Netherese artifact, enter the underdark and have a chance to confront an archdruid, would anyone believe that it is a lv 1~4 campaign? BG3 campaign is too epic for a low level adventure. Solasta did low level right. A bunch of adventures meet in a tavern. Dark Sun : Shattered Lands too. You start as a mere "another gladiator slave" trying to escape slavery.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
The important thing is, it's not a 2021 release. I've seen some people who had hopes. They were always ridiculous, and now they look to be utterly dashed.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Only on 2022?

OwlCat with far less people working on their game, is launching WoTR far before and the game will probably have much more content.

Harthwain

Magister
OwlCat with far less people working on their game, is launching WoTR far before and the game will probably have much more content.
Aren't they using the existing engine (the one they made Pathfinder: Kingmaker on)?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Aren't they using the existing engine (the one they made Pathfinder: Kingmaker on)?

And Larian is using their DOS2 engine. Probably they spend over 90% of the work hours thinking on how to ruin casters in his game.

My guess. The game will only be good on 2023, once modders fixes all Larianism in the game.

And here's another thing I didn't mention here. Looks like I was right, and it's a 2022 release.

b3f70mJ.png
I didn't really expect anything different.
They said from the start that it would stay "at least one full year in EA" and in the entire history of software development I have yet to see a single big software project staying strictly on schedule in the long run without a single delay (unless they are running out of money and need to throw out whatever is ready).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom