Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LoL for that meme you need a decent game. Modders didn't fix imperator or fallout 69. If the game is shit,then no modders.

Imperator, IDK but Faggout 79 is online only, so no modding. NWN2 has one of the crappiest magic on all D&D games(only losing to BG3) and spell fixes fixes it. Obviously, modding nwn2 is far easier than BG3 but I an pretty sure that someone will remove Larian's nerfs, hp bloat or even better. Mod 2E spells into BG3. Gothic 3 base is unplayable. Gothic 3 + community path is amazing. Gothic 2 + Returning is extremely better than base G2(which is a great game).

I have no faith on Larian, but have faith on modders.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Even Bannerlords has more impressive patches than this game.

Welcome to early access hell.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
MORE BLOOM

ADD MORE BLOOM

4ed6d596819cb35f41cce105516fbc8b_w200.gif

And PFK makes Bloom a major crisis you have to overcome. Coincidence?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
They don't have good chocolate any more.

I can understand why a bulgarian gypsy would say this, his taste buds have been destroyed by his low quality gypsy food, liquor and glue sniffing. Too much banitsa, moussaka and rakia.

But I still love you Mitko. And I'm going to buy your sister after corona, please pm me the price of your hottest sister, I assume two goats will suffice?

Swen what do you have to say for yourself.

Stop being bigots, I see a beautiful gender fluid dwarf.

...how else am I going to get perfect scores from the gaming press?

I was giving the game another go in the last few days, after months of barely finding any drive to touch it again, and I have to say that sometime all the (legitimate) bitching about its flaws makes me almost forget that there are also sides of this production where you can spot genuine excellency.

Which incidentally makes some of the most glaring issues so far ignored by Larian even more annoying, by contrast, because I can't help but think "So close to just nailing it and this is where you go and fuck things up?"
Why controlling the party outside of combat is such a nightmare? Why no day/night cycle? Why the rest system is such a half assed mess?

Playing this side by side with Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, in particular, makes me wish for this imaginary chimera-production that could merge the strong points of both in a single outstanding game.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Random mention of BG3 from Astarion's VA I happened upon.

Apparently he was a fan of the original Fallout games and the original Baldur's Gate series.

He also comments on the current status and says there's still a long way to go in early access.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They don't have good chocolate any more.

I can understand why a bulgarian gypsy would say this, his taste buds have been destroyed by his low quality gypsy food, liquor and glue sniffing. Too much banitsa, moussaka and rakia.

But I still love you Mitko. And I'm going to buy your sister after corona, please pm me the price of your hottest sister, I assume two goats will suffice?

Swen what do you have to say for yourself.

Stop being bigots, I see a beautiful gender fluid dwarf.

...how else am I going to get perfect scores from the gaming press?

Ahhh you do know that posting it for 6th time,it kind off looses its impact?!

How come Swen doesn’t have a developer tag?
As much as degeneracy checks in,we all know that it is not him.

How do you know that?
Ahhh because he belgian,they are timid creatures that could only backstab a dying man.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What? I an agreeing with Larian shill? Astarion is imo the worst vampire companion on the RPG story. Larian could take lessons on how to make interesting companions from VtMB. Best vampire game.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Is it me or are they all Gen Z, the Astarion gang? It's kind of interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom