Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This thread can be summarized as the following talking points:
• Victor ranting about imaginary HP Bloat.
• Victor ranting about casters, necromancers in particular.
• Victor ranting about caster nerfs.
• Victor ranting about 5e being inferior to 2e.
• Discussions regarding the control scheme.
• Ontopoly doing the standard Ontoporant.
• "Swen" baiting Ontopoly and Victor.
• Discussions about it being D:OS 3.
• Discussions regarding the lack of a day and night cycle.
• Discussions regarding surfaces.
• Discussions regarding rule changes.
• Discussions regarding the discussions looping in circles.

Did I miss anything?

I'd like to be put into the list as a guest VIP, please.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Did I miss anything?
Excuse me, what the fuck. Where's "Lacrymas says something controversial and the thread gets split"?

And I think also "Badgering Lacrymas to find out if his DM finally became his boyfriend" should be added to the list as an honorable mention.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Did I miss anything?

Lacrymas ranting about fuck knows what.

Edit: Curses, ninja'd by mere seconds!

Sharpedge

Prophet

Did I miss anything?
Excuse me, what the fuck. Where's "Lacrymas says something controversial and the thread gets split"?
Ah, right, I missed that! Got to edit it in :P

Delterius

Arcane

Did I miss anything?

*Apparently I did.
Lacrymas says something controversial and the thread gets split.
• RTwP vs TB.
lukaszek we need a discussion about determination vs rng

Codex Year of the Donut
gci2bWu.jpg

A level 4 spider with 138(!) hp because they want to force you to use ~environmental effects~ to beat it. Fuck you Swen, this isn't D&D.

I an pretty sure that this hp would be something like the hp of a Lolth's Avatar on 2E... If even a "disciple of Sawyer thinks that the game has a problem with hp bloat is because the game has a problem with hp bloat.
Ah yes, the good old "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm going to talk about it anyway", what a pro move from Roguey.

138 HP for a CR 4 are on the very-high side, but if the creature has a low AC it's perfectly within this edition's limits. A weretiger is a CR 4 monster with 120 HP and immunity to non-magical damage. They want to force you to use ~environmental effects~ to beat it. Fuck you D&D, this isn't D&D.

qxWK4QX.png
most of the complaints regarding "this isn't D&D!" are from people who don't understand 5e is a different edition

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
most of the complaints regarding "this isn't D&D!" are from people who don't understand 5e is a INFERIOR edition

Fixed for you.

Now, let's check the earliest result:

My earliest result = page 148
The post which I used to show that I was not the guy who start to complain about hp bloat = page 43.

Yep. Looks like I started that discussion, I used a time machine and somehow posted as Roguey in Oct 8, 2020 /sarcasm

Yep. Only I ranted about hp bloat and other stuff. The quotes which I made a page earlier don't exist /sarcasm

After a quick search on google, I found this post on reeeedit with over 777 likes complaining about hp bloat

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...oat_on_lowerlevel_enemies_upsets_the_balance/

Looks like I also created a fake account on reddit and 777 fake accounts to positive my complain about hp bloat and comments discussing with myself /sarcasm.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
most of the complaints regarding "this isn't D&D!" are from people who don't understand 5e is a INFERIOR edition

Fixed for you.

The post which I used to show that I was not the guy who start to complain about hp bloat = page 43.

Yep. Looks like I started that discussion, I used a time machine and somehow posted as Roguey in Oct 8, 2020 /sarcasm

Yep. Only I ranted about hp bloat and other stuff. The quotes which I made a page earlier don't exist /sarcasm
Unless my memory is failing me, Roguey posted about it once. You on the other hand drill on an on about the same topics so much that there are rocks which erode at a faster pace than the rate at which you raise new talking points. This is why you are the one that gets singled out and you are the one which I bet most people who are reading this thread associate with those arguments.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You on the other hand drill on an on about the same topics so much that there are rocks which erode at a faster pace than the rate at which you raise new talking points. This is why you are the one that gets singled out and you are the one which I bet most people who are reading this thread associate with those arguments.

From "only you complain about A/B/C/... bloat and you started A/B/C/... discussions" to "you keep reviving dead subjects"... But I an a necromancer. What you expect? that I can only raise skeletons and zombies? I an not a 5E necromancer. Hu3hu3 just kidding. I will avoid start discussion about this subjects, however, if someone mentions it, I will talk about it.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister

You miss the point, probably because your English is poor. This is YOUR earliest post about hp bloat. It doesn't really matter that somebody else brought it up earlier. YOU are the one who brings up hp bloat at that time, no one else is responsible, so trying to use Roguey as your shield is wrong. And that isn't the only time it's you who brings it up. Like I said before; you have three pages (49 posts) worth of bloat. For comparison, Roguey mentioned it three times (3!).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
YOU are the one who brings up hp bloat at that tim(...)Like I said before; you have three pages (49 posts) worth of bloat. For comparison,(...)

Not all posts mentioning hp bloat are complaining about hp bloat. Before all of this discussion about "you are bringing new discusisons", my posts mentioning hp bloat. Many of then are barely mentioning hp bloat. Lets pick the 3 earliest mentions of hp bloat.

The best thing that Larian can make is make BG3 easily moddable like NWN2, so people will mod 2E ruleset on it and remove awful companions like Astarion and other problems like hp bloat.

Not "bringing hp bloat discussion". Just mentioning it as one of BG3's problems.

his thread has a lot of discussions about 5E vs 3E, larian X larian haters, comparisons with other games, game journalist mockery and now, alignment discussions. BG3 has almost no content and people already discussed about hp bloat, astarion, retarded writing, and other BG3 problems.

Larian fanboys keep talking "it is popular" "it is good", but can't write a single thing which BG3 did better than other CRPGs.

Saying that the thread rarely talks about BG3 because we already discussed many problems and hp bloat being just one of then.

But Fanta has a point. We can discuss thousands of possible builds with only the base classes of PF:WoTR, but what to discuss about BG3? We already talked a lot about lv 4 arch druids, astarion, hp bloat, barrelmancy to kill a red dragon dealing fire damage, etc. And Larian is not bringing anything new.

Same as above.

hp bloat was NOT the main point of any of the last 3 posts. Nor a attempt to bring it back to discussion. Was a minor mention. You are picking a post saying that BG3 can be fixed with mods and that problems like hp bloat(which is mentioned as one problem) can be fixed and strawmaning as if I only ranted about hp. There was users banned on this thread for repeating the same larian hate BS over and over. If you believe that I an ranting about hp bloat over and over when I barely mentions to make another point, please. Report me or put me in your iggy bin.

edit : Also, if you type spider and 138 hp on search bar, I an not even close to the guy who most ranted about hp values. Which is part 5E fault and part Larian fault.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Not all posts mentioning hp bloat are complaining about hp bloat.
a56.jpg

There was users banned on this thread for repeating the same larian hate BS over and over. If you believe that I an ranting about hp bloat over and over when I barely mentions to make another point, please. Report me or put me in your iggy bin.
I am actually very close to putting you on ignore due to how repetitive your rants are. And I am not the first person to point that out - there were at least two other people.

edit : Also, if you type spider and 138 hp on search bar, I an not even close to the guy who most ranted about hp values. Which is part 5E fault and part Larian fault.
I put in "138" and the results are:

Meredoth - 6
NJClaw - 5

Out of 30 results.

Results for "hp":

Meredoth - 41

Out of 100 results.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I put in "138" and the results are:

Except that most of the "138" posts are on this and previous page, unrelated to the complain about hp bloat.

But IMO, high lethality > low lethality. I already made a thread explaining why low lethality in RPG's is bad : https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/what-is-the-point-of-low-lethality.138265/

Anyway, quoting a DM on Reedit "Combat in that edition took forever as players would wait until their turn to pick what card they would use. The higher level you got, the longer combat took almost exponentially. Enemies are also MMO-style grouped by level, which means you would only fight certain things at certain points of your characters lifetime much like how in WoW you fight hell-beasts at late level and normal ones at low." https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3olr8o/why_is_dd_4e_so_hatedbad/

Seems like 4E and 5E has the same problem, the difference is the "scale"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Did I miss anything?

*Apparently I did.
Lacrymas says something controversial and the thread gets split.
• RTwP vs TB.
Bit late but you are also missing Meredith complain about some astartes guy, even though no space marines are in this game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
astartes guy, even though no space marines are in this game.

You mean Astarion, the second worst vampire companion since Hexxat and I have faith that Larian will manage to on chapter 2/3/4 make a him worse than her.

But back to discussing BG3. Can any larian cultist give me a reason which BG3 is great, except by graphics? Doesn't need to appeal to a gamer with my taste ie - old school high lehtality game where mechanics and narratives are in line. Can be a good reason for a storyfag to like the game. Or a combatfag. Anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom