Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
clicker cope
Aside for the fact that you are genuinely starting to sound like a mongoloid who couldn't grasp the point if his life depended on it, let me stress you that you need to pass a certain threshold of autism to even begin to think that "clicker" is an insult that genuinely touches people's feelings.
I'm well aware that you're too retarded to realize that you're being insulted

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Been playing patch 5. It's much improved over the initial version on the whole. I do like that you can rescue Shadowheart on the ship. It gives her a way to actually like the player at first instead of hating you by default.

Fights like the owlbear seem to have been a bit nerfed though. Put mini-owlbear to sleep, kill the big one, the end. It's no longer as tough a fight, but maybe that's my experience talking.

The swamp tree seems a bit tougher though, especially if you don't have fire spells prepped. Same with a few other fights, so I guess it balances out somewhat.

I'm well aware that you're too retarded to realize that you're being insulted
Oh, so basically you acting as a mentally challenged it was your attempt do to this gag for real:

poQxTe3.jpeg

Larianshill

Arbiter
To distract you from this terrible, terrible conversation, new companion lines datamined.

Lae'zel killed several of her cousins.
Gale now has lines referring to being murdered by you upon first meeting, and then resurrected after his projection shows up.
Astarion has lines referring being killed by someone, and then being brought back by you.
Astarion has lines referring being killed by you, and then resurrected.
Astarion talks about Helia, the halfling companion. Calls her sweet. He refers to Helia being romanceable.
Astarion talks about Minsc. Minsc seems to be romanceable.
Shadowheart has lines referring to being killed by you, and then resurrected.
All characters have lines referring new magic items, merregons, dragons, duergar, Harpers, Shadowheart's box.
It seems that according the new lore, Shadowheart's box is protecting you against turning into a mind flayer.

jackofshadows

Magister
What for? This is TB game. I mean the current system sucks shit but binds for selecting all/someone in particular would be a huge upgrade already and almost enough. Very rarely would be convenient to select just 2-3 chars in a non-combat scenario. Anyways, rusty is right, keybinds are essential even in RPGs, it blows my mind seeing how players not using them.
...Are we really doing all this conversation again? What's next, are you guys going to beg Victor to talk you some more about Liches?

Anyway, because the problem is the control of your party when you are OUT of the turn based combat.

So you're not only obviously didn't read my tiny post past few first sentences but also have the audacity to complain about subject despite the fact that it's you yourself who brought it up for the n time. How fucking nice of you. Look, I get what you saying and what's more, I appreciate the fact that you keep bringing this up on Larian forums even if for no use. As a guy who have played RTS a lot in the past I can assure you that I really know the value of the simple ability to just select whatever amount of units you need at any given time. But from that experience I learned about another value: keybinds. And BG3 is a game with just FOUR (MAX) units. Rarely you need to select 2-3 of them. Usually just one or all of them. That's why the devs just need to add another keybind for selecting all and it will be good enough.

Edit: and for chain/unchain of course. Kinda puzzling looking at rather impressive keybinds in-game list and not seeing it there, yeah.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
To distract you from this terrible, terrible conversation, new companion lines datamined.

Lae'zel killed several of her cousins.
Gale now has lines referring to being murdered by you upon first meeting, and then resurrected after his projection shows up.
Astarion has lines referring being killed by someone, and then being brought back by you.
Astarion has lines referring being killed by you, and then resurrected.
Astarion talks about Helia, the halfling companion. Calls her sweet. He refers to Helia being romanceable.
Astarion talks about Minsc. Minsc seems to be romanceable.
Shadowheart has lines referring to being killed by you, and then resurrected.
All characters have lines referring new magic items, merregons, dragons, duergar, Harpers, Shadowheart's box.
It seems that according the new lore, Shadowheart's box is protecting you against turning into a mind flayer.

are they doubling down on custom MC and no more "choose to play any companion as MC at start"? if so massive
incline.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
When you have to select or move more than one character at once and/or give commands that affects multiple party members (i.e. stealth on/off, go there, stop, etc).
hold shift, press keybind to select party member
fucking clickers
Hold shift to do what, exactly?

Also, how the fuck can you defend a system that basically gives you no way to influence your characters' positioning? Even if they bring back that shitty system that was in D:OS2, it will still be miles behind Kingmaker and, for fuck's sake, PILLARS OF ETERNITY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom