Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

"you don't choose male or female, you choose alternative words for male and female"
uh... okay
Well, in the alphabet community "femme" is used to describe feminine lesbians. So don't be surprised that Larian's degenerated fan base is gobbling this nonsense up.

(yes, I also am aware that femme is French for woman)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"you don't choose male or female, you choose alternative words for male and female"
uh... okay
Imagine still thinking that this game won't feature LGBT(I, apparently)Q+ content

h1iAF1b.png

Larianshill

Arbiter
It seems that according the new lore, Shadowheart's box is protecting you against turning into a mind flayer.
And why would that be?

Who knows? But Shadowheart seems to be pretty certain.

In this video, we see what seems to be the Absolute speaking directly to your character for the first time. Then the box pushes its influence away. Because the Absolute seems to be related to the mind flayers at least in some form, and the box is of githyanki origin, and seems to house a spirit of an "ancient gith general", it's not really much of a surprise. What I wonder is,
1) Can the "ancient gith general" bit relied upon? It is a datamined blurb of text found in an early build. It could even be left there on purpose, to trick us.
2) Could it be Gith herself? That would explain why Vlaakith wants the box so badly. Gith knows things, and could even snatch the power from her.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
When you have to select or move more than one character at once and/or give commands that affects multiple party members (i.e. stealth on/off, go there, stop, etc).
hold shift, press keybind to select party member
fucking clickers
Hold shift to do what, exactly?

Also, how the fuck can you defend a system that basically gives you no way to influence your characters' positioning? Even if they bring back that shitty system that was in D:OS2, it will still be miles behind Kingmaker and, for fuck's sake, PILLARS OF ETERNITY.
Rusty, still waiting for your input here. What is "holding shift" supposed to do while pressing keybinds to select characters?

Do I have to reinstall the game to find out that it actually does nothing?

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Rusty, still waiting for your input here. What is "holding shift" supposed to do while pressing keybinds to select characters?

Don't bother, of course it does nothing. Rusty merely confused BG3 with a better game...

NWN2. :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
When you have to select or move more than one character at once and/or give commands that affects multiple party members (i.e. stealth on/off, go there, stop, etc).
hold shift, press keybind to select party member
fucking clickers
Hold shift to do what, exactly?

Also, how the fuck can you defend a system that basically gives you no way to influence your characters' positioning? Even if they bring back that shitty system that was in D:OS2, it will still be miles behind Kingmaker and, for fuck's sake, PILLARS OF ETERNITY.

Holding shift highlights rusty's bullshit.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Larian doesn't even have to add features in their games. Their shills will close their eyes, convince themselves the game has it, and even argue with any half rational non cultists about it. And if that fails? Just claim it was a bad feature anyways

Jesus Christ, was anyone else aware that they added a function to keybinding at some point to allow the immediate chain/unchain of the entire party? It was pointed to me yesterday, it's called "TOGGLE GROUP MODE" in the input connfiguration menu and for some inane reason isn't even bound to any key by default.
I'm almost sure it wasn't there the last time I checked, but admittedly that was several patches ago at this point.

I have no idea why Larian seems to think this shouldn't be shouted from the rooftops rather than buried in a menu without saying a single world and deactivated by default. Learning about it before would have saved me a world of pain and cursing.

I'm not going to say that this is by itself ENOUGH to make the system good, because it isn't, but holy shit if as a minor addition it doesn't go a long way to make it more bearable.

Gargaune

Magister
Jesus Christ, was anyone else aware that they added a function to keybinding at some point to allow the immediate chain/unchain of the entire party? It was pointed to me yesterday, it's called "TOGGLE GROUP MODE" in the input connfiguration menu and for some inane reason isn't even bound to any key by default.
What? Tuco, don't mess with my feelings like that, I've been hurt before. Are you honestly telling me I have a reason to update this lemon at long last?

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm almost sure it wasn't there the last time I checked, but admittedly that was several patches ago at this point.

I have no idea why Larian seems to think this shouldn't be shouted from the rooftops rather than buried in a menu without saying a single world and deactivated by default. Learning about it before would have saved me a world of pain and cursing.

I'm not going to say that this is by itself ENOUGH to make the system good, because it isn't, but holy shit if as a minor addition it doesn't go a long way to make it more bearable.
It wasn't there in the previous version because I checked every bind option to scrutinize your point. Good to know they've finally added this. Combined with the usual selecting nth character binds it's enough to me. All that is left for comfort play is to fix sequential jumping if it hasn't been fixed already.

It wasn't there in the previous version because I checked every bind option to scrutinize your point. Good to know they've finally added this. Combined with the usual selecting nth character binds it's enough to me. All that is left for comfort play is to fix sequential jumping if it hasn't been fixed already.
I also remember checking every single keybinding option available explicitly to verify if this was an option, and finding nothing.

I'm not sure what to think. It's either an undocumented change or it's somehow my fault for failing to notice it before.

I have to stress that this doesn't solve everything about the shitty system (i.e. putting everyone in and out of stealth still requires a ridiculous manual rotation between all party members to activate each one of them separately and you still have no control over the default formation, for instance), but I can't stress enough how much difference it makes already when you are simply moving around/positioning out of combat.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Some guy on twitter telling me "People still Unironically believe bioware peaked with baldurs Gate" as if it isn't unironically true that bg1 and 2 had more depth and amazingly packed content than Dragon age Origins and anything else they've ever put out. I think the romances in baldurs gate 2 weren't over the top degenerate but the feedback they got from those romances and the people it brought in tainted bioware in a way that none of it was ever worth it. Also Minsc would have appealed to degenerates and larianite type people. It's always been tainted and it just took bg3 for us to realize it. Still a horrible thing for bg3 and larian to take advantage of the very few flaws these games had and run with it. Ultimately, Bioware has been on a downhill since 2000 and larian is now further tainting the only thing bioware was ever able to achieve.

Elex

Arbiter
https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/dungeons-dragons-canon-roleplaying-game-novels/?
"For many years, we in the Dungeons & Dragons RPG studio have considered things like D&D novels, D&D video games, D&D comic books, as wonderful expressions of D&D storytelling and D&D lore, but they are not canonical for the D&D roleplaying game," Crawford said. "Part of that is we don’t want DMs to feel that in order to run the game, they need to read a certain set of novels. We want you to read them for the joy of reading them, but not as homework."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/2971797480514667663

Hotfix #12 Now Live!
Version number: 4.1.1.1182678
ef8091cacd1eab05918ff28195886f20ced1bafb.jpg

Hello Everyone!

It's been a few days since we released Patch 5 into the world and it's been awesome to see so many of you jumping back into the game to experience the latest changes! Be sure to check out our Community Update video for all the details of Patch 5’s changes if you haven’t already:

In today's hotfix we've addressed some crashing issues, fixed an issue with disappearing UI when long resting in multiplayer and we've addressed some issues with tooltips, along with a bunch of other fixes.

We want to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to post your thoughts or issues here on Steam, on Reddit, our Forums, our Discord or sent to us on our social media pages. Even if you're just uploading crash reports or simply playing the game, all of this helps us pinpoint issues so we can get them fixed as soon as possible for you.

Thanks for being with us on this journey!

Changelist:

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed a rare crash related to loading save games during multiplayer.
  • Fixed a rare crash when loading a save game made during combat with the Gnolls.
  • Fixed a crash when speaking to a certain Mossy Myconid.
  • Fixed a crash related to files containing partial UTF8 characters.
  • Fixed a crash related to tooltips.
  • Fixed a crash related to saving when someone is casting a spell.
  • Fixed an issue with attacks against beasts and monsters not being treated as a crime.
  • Fixed an issue with disappearing UI when long resting in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue with Shadowheart's Artefact not appearing in a certain cinematic.
  • Fixed an issue with several goblins that could not be spoken to.
  • Fixed being unable to pin tooltips for containers.
  • Fixed an overlap in SFX on the Active Roll UI.
  • Fixed the incorrect unsummon animation playing.
  • Fixed flickering black materials in the Whispering Depths.
  • Fixed the player avatar being able to move before they finish getting up in Tutorial.
  • Fixed a rare issue causing giant tooltips to appear.

Gargaune

Magister
Okay, then! Updated, rerolled, and the Toggle Group bind looks promising. Still no tolerable multi-select, but just being able to chain/unchain on a single input should make a significant difference. The UI is still a consolised mess, but we've got a solid step in the right direction. rusty_shackleford, please inform your owner than I no longer have any immediate plans to refund his game and abolish Belgium.

Actually, even more than multi-select I'd think I'd rather see an edge turning option added next. BG3 broke my last MMB, true story, I've preemptively bound camera rotation to Alt this time around.

Other than that... I've started seeing a little bug where controls become unresponsive, gotta cycle through my chars before I can move again. The new command barks lasted all of five minutes before I turned them off ("belaboured" is the best way to describe that inner monologue crap). And I really wish we had a toggle to swap those animated skill check rolls for instant results.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom