Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Except by complete console bastardizations like sword coast legends and dark alliance, this is the worst D&D game and the unique good thing about it is that it makes the better games looks even better by comparison. "But is in early access". Is a eternity in EA and Larian doesn't add any type of new content since druid. Also, the game is behind a US$60,00 price. US$ 60,00 can buy much more older and better D&D adaptations. Luckily paid in ARS for bg3.

Temple of Elemental Evil, the most faithful D&D adaptation(and yes, turn based) is US$5,00 on GoG(not sure)

Gargaune

Magister
"But is in early access". Is a eternity in EA and Larian doesn't add any type of new content since druid.
I'm not really bothered if Larian doesn't add a stitch of new story content all the way to release. It's systems that they need to worry about, UX and gameplay balance. With respect to the latter, they'll wanna test drive the rest of their classes, but I wouldn't expect much beyond that.

I have yet to test it first-hand, but according to some users on the official forum “Barrelmancy” just took a big hit, given that Larian raised the barrels’ weight (and strength requirements to move them around) considerably.

Good fucking riddance.

jackofshadows

Magister
That's nice but as long as you can just send any barrels to camp via one mouse click, stack them there and then if necessary to teleport back with them - it still will be a thing.

jackofshadows

Magister
That's nice but as long as you can just send any barrels to camp via one mouse click, stack them there and then if necessary to teleport back with them - it still will be a thing.
Why/how the fuck would you be able to 'send' a barrel to your camp at all?
You haven't played EA, have you? I have no idea if that "feature" is still there but you could just select corresponding context menu option and send any item to your camp storage (similiar to how you can send items between party members even if they are in different locations). Then access it while in the camp but you could teleport there any second you want as well. Yes, it was/is that casual game.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Why/how the fuck would you be able to 'send' a barrel to your camp at all?
You haven't played EA, haven't you? I have no idea if that "feature" is still there but you could just select corresponding context menu option and send any item to your camp storage (similiar to how you can send items between party members even if they are in different locations). Then access it while in the camp but you could teleport there any second you want as well. Yes, it was/is that casual game.
Fucking yikes

Yeah, well, you can be autistic in plenty of different ways.
That aside, what's even the point when you can "send them to camp" (clarification: only when you can actually lift them, which is not a given anymore for characters with low strength) and then from camp you can't bring them back on the map anymore?

Gargaune

Magister
I have no idea if that "feature" is still there
It still is. I think it's some kind of pressure release valve for Larian's inventory spam, which is thereabouts on par with CDPR's, you end up picking up all sorts of ultimately pointless crap as you go. And once you have that magical FedEx for your pocket plane camp, there's less incentive for designers to control the clutter. Then again, Obsidian did roughly the same thing with PoE.

jackofshadows

Magister
I have no idea if that "feature" is still there
It still is. I think it's some kind of pressure release valve for Larian's inventory spam, which is thereabouts on par with CDPR's, you end up picking up all sorts of ultimately pointless crap as you go. And once you have that magical FedEx for your pocket plane camp, there's less incentive for designers to control the clutter. Then again, Obsidian did roughly the same thing with PoE.
It's a retarded compromise for casuals. You either have inventory limitations and all that loot management which comes with it or you just label it as a conditionality and spare the player from needless busywork like it's done in CSG or WL3 IIRC for example. You can still have weight limitations in general like for barrels. By the way, I bet Lae'zel will become more popular with these changes, adding herself a new subclass as barrelbearer.

Gargaune

Magister
It's a retarded compromise for casuals. You either have inventory limitations and all that loot management which comes with it or you just label it as a conditionality and spare the player from needless busywork like it's done in CSG or WL3 IIRC for example. You can still have weight limitations in general like for barrels. By the way, I bet Lae'zel will become more popular with these changes, adding herself a new subclass as barrelbearer.
Unfortunately, it's core design and way too late to change. The context menu is just a convenient shortcut for teleporting to camp and depositing stuff manually, which you could do at will anyway. Changing that now would require limiting camp access, either with abstract rules or by physically placing it into the worldspace, as well as overhauling general itemisation to trim clutter and make loot sparser and more meaningful, with all the knockon effects that entails onto gameplay systems and balance. Basically, that ship sailed long before the game went into EA.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Larian could add new spells :
  • Circle 1 : Create barrel
  • Circle 2 : Create water or oil barrel
  • Circle 3 : Create explosive barrel
  • Circle 4 : Create barrel, mass (creates d6+2)
  • Circle 5 : Create water or oil barrel, mass (creates d6+2)
  • Circle 6 : Create explosive barrel, mass(creates d6+2)
  • Circle 7 : Create ginormous explosive barrel
Would be by far the most useful spells of the game. Depending on the lv cap, the c6/7 spells will gonna be only from scrolls. And introduce the wizard subclass : barrelmancer which gets a additional create barrel spell. Barrelmancers can detonate barrels created by him as a free action. Or move using telekinesis.

Last edited:
Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Damn, i must finish mass effect 3 at least, it's waiting half year for me to actually finish the story of the whole trilogy.
But it's hard to do when i have games like age of decadence , poe 1&2,Elex, xulima and wizardry 8 , underrail still to go, not to mention dozens of others crpgs still waiting to be played. Like Atom or others, they staring at me and saying "come finish us". And what about really old ones like Hillsfar, or Pool of Radiance, Gog is a blessing but a nightmare too.
I wish for a more hours a day for peaceful playing , without wife, kids and work attacking from all sides.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The last AAA CRPG was mass effect andromeda lol.
Action-RPG. The last AAA cRPG I can think of was Dragon Age: Inquisition, which is a... sobering thought.

I'm just playing it now. It does still have a goodly chunk of CRPG in it, and the popamole combat is quite good fun, even requires the occasional use of tactical mode on Nightmare. But it's almost unbearably pozzed, and definitely in-transition to whatever nightmare BioWare are going to be cooking up now, which judging by ME:Andromeda and the recent art they're showing, is going to be pretty nightmarish.

And "mosaic collection" - bitch, seriously? What are they going to have next, a chewing-gum picker-upper simulator?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom