Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Salvo

Arcane
Didn't know that romances were only for northern Indians. Explains the massive population though.
Please sir sedn swen bolls abd cock sir please

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
degenerate romancefags.

The point of RPG's is to have romanceable elf companions like Aerie or romanceable succubus companion, like Aru from wotr, the bow Goddess. Just kidding. I am much more a magefag power hungry mage than anything else. Unless the game lacks magic(eg - KCD, M&B and FNV), I believe that cool magic is one of the most important things in a RPG.

Romancefags were, are and always will be the harbingers of decline.

Balancefags and accessibilityfags are the true harbingers of decline, they destroyed a lot of franchises. Romancefags at worse create dirty degenerate mods. And they cause butthurt in feminists which is a :incline: . We need more woman like Heather Poe in video games, only to trigger sjw even more.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Romancefags were, are, and always will be the harbingers of decline.
Go play your Kens and Barbies retards.
The pool of radiance had romances... anyhow I believe they are an integral part of the story. Almost every movie got a love line, almost every book got it.
It's an important part of life you know. Now, execution and inclusivity and player sexuality of romances is the problem. Rejection is part of life too you know. Imagine butthurt of the consumer base if they get rejected in the video game!
But uh overall if romances stopped at work flirting I won't mind at all. Adventures are workers too you know.

Saravan

Savant
The pool of radiance had romances... anyhow I believe they are an integral part of the story. Almost every movie got a love line, almost every book got it.
It's an important part of life you know. Now, execution and inclusivity and player sexuality of romances is the problem. Rejection is part of life too you know. Imagine butthurt of the consumer base if they get rejected in the video game!
But uh overall if romances stopped at work flirting I won't mind at all. Adventures are workers too you know.

Romance in RPG:s are always cringe-worthy and adds nothing to the narrative unless it's worked into between two NPC:s and part of a specific quest or something. But player-focused romances is just there to satisfy degenerates. Hurr durr I can fuck a succubus, decline all the way.

Thonius

Arcane

Romance in RPG:s are always cringe-worthy and adds nothing to the narrative unless it's worked into between two NPC:s and part of a specific quest or something. But player-focused romances is just there to satisfy degenerates. Hurr durr I can fuck a succubus, decline all the way.
Which is exactly what I wrote, sans succubus and no narrative impact.

Oberon

Learned
Didn't know that romances were only for northern Indians. Explains the massive population though.

7024697383ac98880c90f219a10d6476-imagepng.png

Northern India was only one of many conquests for our based Hyperborean ancestors :cool:

Oberon

Learned

What about the brothel scenes like they had in the original Fallouts, Arcanum, NWN1 etc.
Are those "degenerate" too?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
dds nothing to the narrative (...)But player-focused romances is just there to satisfy degenerates. Hurr durr I can fuck a succubus, decline all the way.

Player stronghold in NWN2 and BG2 also adds nothing to the narrative, but are cool, non the less. Romances are part of the adventure. and sometimes help creating the atmosphere and makes the stakes higher. If you take all prostitutes, all nightclubs and seductable woman and Heather Poe from VtMB, the "night live" atmosphere would die. The "ghouls" being vampire servants would be something which you can only see in dialogs but never experience it without Heather. In wrath, how Arueshalae is, sees mortals, struggle to not see trust as a sign of weakness is very interesting. And even if "adds nothing to the narrative", I am playing Gothic 2 + Returning as a Water Magician. I can literally get drunk in the game. It adds nothing to the narrative. But is cool, non the less. The game also has food/thirsty mechanics.

The unique dumb thing is that as a archmage of water, you can create massive army slaying storms, a massive ice golem army and create geysers of water and die from thirsty at the same time... But no game is perfect.

In BG3 for eg, imagine if a descendant of Aerie + Bhaalspawn is alive and you meet it on BG3. Anyone here believes that it would't be cool?

What about the brothel scenes like they had in the original Fallouts, Arcanum, NWN1 etc.

For then, yes. Regardless of having quests in this locations.For me, it helps creating the atmosphere of the game.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant

I believe we are talking about two completely different things. Brothel scenes may serve a specific narrative purpose within the context and atmosphere of the setting the game is played, for example in Fallout a post-apocalyptic setting where people are desperate.

I'm talking about romance shoehorned into RPG:s that are directed by player agency. I can't think of a single one that has included this mechanic/feature in an interesting way and which adds anything of value to the game. It always immediately deviates to "can I as a degenerate who have never had sex in my entire life fuck this pixel woman to cope?".

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Viconia was pretty good, there was quite the array of complications and ways that you could torpedo the relationship. For example, if you tried to bang her as soon as possible she completely lost interest in you afterwards, there was no thrill for her anymore. Pretty realistic, didn’t feel like it existed only as masturbation material for losers but more like a growing attraction between two adults. Morrigan from Dragon Age was also decent if you played all the way through to that expansion where you could go through the magical mirror with her and leave that plane of existence(and Dragon Age) behind completely.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Triggered the race war between tieflings and druids, went to Mintharra and helped her take over the grove. After killing every single tiefling that remains, and that one druid that sided with them, the quest will still not progress, despite the journal saying that it's time to return to Mintharra. Good to know that the more things change, the more they stay the same, and the evil path is still a buggy mess.

Mortmal

Arcane
Triggered the race war between tieflings and druids, went to Mintharra and helped her take over the grove. After killing every single tiefling that remains, and that one druid that sided with them, the quest will still not progress, despite the journal saying that it's time to return to Mintharra. Good to know that the more things change, the more they stay the same, and the evil path is still a buggy mess.
One fucking year and thats not even fixed...

Harthwain

Magister
The unique dumb thing is that as a archmage of water, you can create massive army slaying storms, a massive ice golem army and create geysers of water and die from thirsty at the same time... But no game is perfect.
That's the drawback of having needs - you have to make sure they are met. If I were to change something I would be the addition of extra states (with penalties) in-between being full of water and literally dying of dehydration.

Stoneshard (or at least the demo version) did this in an interesting way - you need to not be hungry in order for rest to heal you up, but you don't have an infinite supply of food and water, so you are "on the clock" of sorts. Not only you want to find the exit, you also want to find more resources along the way.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Player stronghold in NWN2 and BG2 also adds nothing to the narrative.

In BG2 they were faithfully following the ruleset by adding those strongholds. Part of the leveling system in 2nd edition expected high level fighters to maintain keeps, thieves to maintain guilds, druids circles, etc. etc.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
would be the addition of extra states (with penalties)

Yep. And that is how thirsty works. It goes from 0 to 100% in returning, each 20% gives a penalty. With 100%, you stop regenerating mana and keeps losing

Anyway, BG3 will require food to rest according to a guy who posted some pages ago. That would be a much better system than the "teleport to camp, rest, teleport back"... I was watching Dragonlance movie and was quite interesting.
  • The Wizard put his party at risk to get a spellbook and use mind affective spells to get a halfling to do his bidding.
  • The rogue mocks the mage constantly because he needs words and gestures to do magic a thing which is much easier to the cleric.
  • The half elf is literally fruit of rape and is mistreated among humans and among elves.
  • Spells like light are actually useful
  • A single Fireball can slay squads of low level enemies.
  • After camping, the mage appears preparing his spells by reading his spellbook
  • Disguise is actually useful.
  • Fireball is used to destroy a gate
  • The enemy is a cleric of a evil deity and he uses powerful divine magic + powerful weapon and armor.
  • The power of clerics can be "severed"
I don't get why this movie was so hated. Is way more "D&Desque" than BG3...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom