Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3001077855611749802

Pre-Patch Announcement
Patch 6 Is Coming!

cfbcdab5f77eaa72c4be3392d1332c1e31b04330.png

Hello everyone! We hope you’re doing well, and adventuring boldly.

Once again we find ourselves in a familiar situation. We’re out of lockdown and eager to see you all again, but that doesn’t mean we’re slowing down at all. Patch 6 is almost here, and we’re excited for you to get your hands on it! It’s our biggest ever patch for Baldur’s Gate 3. If you’re attending EGX this week in London, you’ll get an exclusive preview...featuring a new playable class. Who’s ready to make some magic?

We also have something special in Patch 6 for those of you who watched Twitch Plays: A Most Noble Sacrifice. If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling), then you’ll love the latest addition to your arsenal - the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded. But that’s enough of the spoilers. There’s a lot more in Patch 6, and we’ll be exploring that really soon.

source.gif

We’re busy planning a Panel From Hell right around the corner that’ll serve as a deep dive into the new content for Patch 6.

Anyhoo, the business of the day: with Patch 6 on the horizon, weighing in at approximately 60GB (so make sure you have plenty of space free!), we want to remind you that any saves made Patch 5 or prior will no longer be compatible when updated.

So, we’re back to branching! (If you want!) There are options for you if you want to continue your Patch 4 or Patch 5 saves, or if you instead want to make sure you’ve got the most up-to-date content. Have a gander below and follow the directions for whichever solution suits you best.
1. How to Update Your Game to Patch 6: If you want to play the most up to date version of the game and have never opted into any beta branches in the past, then good news: You don’t need to do anything! When the patch releases, you will receive the most updated version of the game as long as you have automatic updates enabled. To enable automatic updates, please follow the steps below:

Right click on the game in your Steam library
Select properties
Click the Updates tab
Select "Always keep this game updated" in the drop down menu

9435b461fc23ca470977d99c0571252ede2ef2ea.gif

2. How to Update to Patch 6 If You’ve Opted into an Earlier Beta Branch: If you previously opted into any beta for Patch 4 or earlier and want to ensure you get the most up to date content when Patch 6 goes live, then please follow the steps below:

Select properties
Click the Betas tab
Select "None" in the drop down menu

7c3bbc4c0f32f2b1334f8bfbb7a57f3e021f1f2f.gif

3. How to Continue Your Patch 5 Save: If you want to continue your progress from Patch 5, then take the following steps. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.

Select properties
Click the BETAS tab
In the list under "Select the beta you would like to opt in to", select Patch 5
Close the properties menu

a8ab7101a4965a21d2c7bcbf4e6379c73153f6ca.gif

If you’d like to continue your save file on the current version, you can move to the Patch 5 beta branch now. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.

Important Note: If you want the option to go back to a previous patch, it’s best to make a new in-game profile and backup your local saves from the previous patch. You can do the following before or after you update to the latest version:

Before starting a new playthrough, create a new profile by clicking the profiles button on the top left of the main menu. All your progress in the new patch will then be saved under this profile while your old saves are safe in the previous profile.

As an extra safety measure, you can manually back up your savegames:
Go to /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
Find the folder that is named after the profile you used in the previous patch
Copy and paste this entire folder into a backup location
If you want to revert back to the previous patch, follow the instructions above and activate your old profile

If you have somehow lost your progress by overwriting savegames and want to restore your old backed up savegames simply copy over your old profile folder into its original location again: /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
Sync back to the patch5 beta branch with the instructions above and load your old savegames

A Note On Mods: If you have any mods installed, or were using any in previous versions of Baldur’s Gate 3, please remove them before updating your game. You can do this by checking both the ‘Mods’ and ‘Public’ folders in '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data' - if either of those folders are present, please delete them before updating. If applicable, please also delete the file ‘modsettings.lsx’ in the profile folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling), then you’ll love the latest addition to your arsenal - the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded.
If you like the sound of meat hitting meat (stop giggling)
:prosper:
the equippable Salami. Yes, they can be dual wielded.
the equippable Salami
:prosper::prosper::prosper:

"Ha ha, why don't you like Larian's humor? Their games are just about a light-hearted kind of fun"

Next thing you know, you have equippable salami in Baldur's Gate.

I swear to God, if the equippable salami has a unique animation when you use the Dip action to put it on fire, I will ask for a refund.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Very excited for the 60GB patch, not really excited for sorcerers (I guess it will be interesting to see how they implement metamagic, but no more than that). We already have sorcerers in the game, they're called wizards, and they're better than what Larian will be implementing. There's also nothing inherently wrong with equippable salami.

jesus Christ, i would take literally any other class addition over Sorcerer.
Not because they are a bad class on their own, but I'd wish to see something that introduced ACTUAL new mechanics rather than "It's wizard with a slightly different flavor".

Larianshill

Arbiter
Metamagic is new, and will probably provide new UI. A lot of different ways they could handle that. The game still has that problem where "Cast spell" and "Cast spell again, for free" are different buttons cluttering the action bar - although I suppose maybe it's done so the normies know that you can recast Hex.
I want the spell panel like in NWN2.

Thonius

Arcane
HAHAHHAHAA REALLY FUNNY! SALAMI! COMBAT!
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
60 GB for sorc? What's the difference between them in Dn5? Same shit. I expected to see monks really before I read the text I thought it's nunchakus or something from monk arsenal.

Metamagic is new, and will probably provide new UI. A lot of different ways they could handle that. The game still has that problem where "Cast spell" and "Cast spell again, for free" are different buttons cluttering the action bar - although I suppose maybe it's done so the normies know that you can recast Hex.
I want the spell panel like in NWN2.
Spellpannel in NWN2 is a biggest incline ever, too bad that nobody wants to copy it for some reason. Maybe it's like Facebook bad UI so that you spend/waste more time?

Thonius

Arcane
so boys, should i buy it now?
Why would you buy it before you even see what's this patch about?
i dont know what else to play
it's either this or pillars of eternity 2
Pro-tip: Check out the steam, it got like more than 2 games.
Trudograd, Underrail, Solasta, Encased, WOTR, PFK, Kingdom come, Kenshi, HighFleet etc.
So far (without patch) it's just one chapter? For full price, and when it's going to release you'll be spoiled a bit(combat is not a strongest aspect of this game imo)

Ulfhednar

Savant
60Gb is a lot of Salami... I expect no less from BalD:OS Gate 3, though!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom