Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Minsc almost made bg irredeemable but thankfully you could throw him to the side and ignore him. Of course the worst element of bg is what these larian cultists and WotC fucks would latch onto. More proof that they need to stay away from the ip. They threw away all the good stuff, doubled down on the bad, and then introduced their own level of degeneracy and incompetency into the mix; the final product is something none of us should be happy with even existing

LizardWizard

Cipher
Minsc almost made bg irredeemable but thankfully you could throw him to the side and ignore him. Of course the worst element of bg is what these larian cultists and WotC fucks would latch onto. More proof that they need to stay away from the ip. They threw away all the good stuff, doubled down on the bad, and then introduced their own level of degeneracy and incompetency into the mix; the final product is something none of us should be happy with even existing

Minsc was just a Dad joke. He isn't embarrassing like pretty much everything in Trannyfinder.

Thal

Prophet
Minsc is a great example how you can force player to make real choices where it actually matters - in party composition. Either you pick a fighter with lowest THAC0 and no glaring weaknesses in CON or DEX, or you pick a mage with most spells and no crippling opposition schools.

Thonius

Arcane
365114.png
Whatever happened to his face here, where he kind of brutish? This here is some mix of mr proper and some actor, what's his name.

Larianshill

Arbiter

According to reddit (I didn't read it myself), this actually contains some pretty big spoilers for BG3.

I picked up the pdf after hearing some good things about it, and it sure does have a lot of...stuff in it. A lot of frankly pretty out there developments and what could be delicately phrased as 'creative reimagining' of the events of the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights games. I'm still digesting some of the stuff I read and I'm not sure how I feel about all of the developments yet, but some of it is interesting in regards for Baldur's Gate III if what's written in this supplement is also canon for events of the game.

For instance, in regards to everyone's favorite Red Wizard: Not only is he alive, but he is masquerading as the mage Lorroakan who he apparently was responsible for the death of, as well as that of Dynaheir. That's pretty big news, as there is a lot of questlines that seemingly aim to put the players in contact with 'Lorroakan' once we reach Baldur's Gate, with the prospective apprentice of his we can meet in the grove, the bounty he put on the Nightsong, and the Iron Flask the Zhents are shipping to him

And it gets even more curious:

In regards to the aforementioned flask, there's a plot hook for incorporating the Demon Prince Pazuzu into campaigns by having him imprisoned in an iron flask. You know who is among those looking to get their hands on this specific flask? Edwin. And it just so happens that there's a quest to deliver Edwin flask with some particularly familiar properties in EA

Again, it's hard to gauge the degree of coordination between the game and the supplement, but things could definitely get weird once we get further into the story, that's for sure!

My take is

No Edwina. That's too bad.

Mortmal

Arcane
I don't mean to second-guess or doubt Larian's development process, but isn't Sorcerer a rather low-effort class to implement in terms of its complexity?
Like I said before, there's metamagic. It probably took some UI changes. Hopefully so, the current spell UI leaves a lot to wish for.
Sure going to do a hell lot of metamagic wih a level 4 cap... Well the 2-3 guys defending larian on steam forums and replaying the act 1 over and over will certainly do while wearing a stylish BG3 t-shirt now.

Larianshill

Arbiter

Speaking of shills, some youtuber made a video demonstrating visual changes of dragon sorcerers. To be honest, most of those look like a terrible skin condition.

Harthwain

Magister

Speaking of shills, some youtuber made a video demonstrating visual changes of dragon sorcerers. To be honest, most of those look like a terrible skin condition.

I guess it's easier to pull of something like adding a different texture than designing a whole new look from scratch.

Bara

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom