Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BruceVC

Magister
Larian fans have by definition the mental capacity of children. They neither care about nor understand the homosexual agenda that is being pushed on them as long as its presented in a "funny" way.

Can you share an example in D:OS2 of what you mean by homosexual agenda, I spent about 170 hours playing it and I dont remember one part of the game that would he considered homosexual?
So I must assume we have a different definition of homosexuality ?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Larian fans have by definition the mental capacity of children. They neither care about nor understand the homosexual agenda that is being pushed on them as long as its presented in a "funny" way.

Can you share an example in D:OS2 of what you mean by homosexual agenda, I spent about 170 hours playing it and I dont remember one part of the game that would he considered homosexual?
Astarion in BG3 tries to suck your dick if you so much as recruit him

Sucking dicks sounds pretty gay to me, but maybe we do have a different definition of homosexuality

Sucking dicks sounds pretty gay to me, but maybe we do have a different definition of homosexuality
Ahh, this reminds me of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

None of the chicks would put out in the early game - except for the obnoxious homosexual companion (Dorian) that you always treat like trash.

But what's your opinion of the sex scenes?
I haven't seen any yet, because Gaider is cockblocking my Inquisitor.

My Inquisitor has been hitting on all the ladies and treating them very nicely, even the red headed dwarf scout chick, but nothing. They just won't put out.

Then I talk Dorian, whom I always treat like like crap, because he is an obnoxious homosexual, and this pops up.

Vv1AWju.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut

Astarion never did anything remotely sexual/romantic in any of my playthroughs.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Rusty can't even get laid by a homo in a game. You heard it here first.

Codex Year of the Donut

Rusty can't even get laid by a homo in a game. You heard it here first.
I know you are upset about that post, but there are plenty of games for people with your sexuality.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

None of the chicks would put out in the early game - except for the obnoxious homosexual companion (Dorian) that you always treat like trash.
One of the girls doesn't have a sex scene at all - specifically the one that looks somewhat feminine.

Codex Year of the Donut

One of the girls doesn't have a sex scene at all - specifically the one that looks somewhat feminine.
Are we now at the point where the codex is demanding sex scenes?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh sheeeit, Valve uploaded the Larian panel from Steam Digital Tabletop Fest to YouTube two weeks ago:

Join Larian Studios, the creators of Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 as they explore how their design philosophy gives players a tabletop-like experience.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
As far as I can remember Astarion was hinting at some homo activity away from the crowd during the party after druids/refugees quest’s good ending.
I declined.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
As far as I can remember Astarion was hinting at some homo activity away from the crowd during the party after druids/refugees quest’s good ending.
I declined.
Yup that's all.

It was put in there to filter out the dirty sodomites. If you would agree with his proposition the game would shut down and your data gets deleted.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You could have stopped with "Ed Greenwood"

Strawman. My point wasn't to say that Greenwood was the bomb, and I even specifically stated that I myself dislike beards on dwarven women and don't use that canon in my own campaigns. I was replying specifically to the assertion that bearded dwarven women is an obvious SJW-novelty, when anyone whose ever known just a little bit about D&D and FR history would be able to instantly recognize that that's just not the case. There are so many sources in so many settings that reference this. I used Greenwood as an example because we're talking about FR.

The fact that anyone would take such a lore-documented subject as clear evidence of a direct and unsupported result of SJW interference makes it clear that many people who claim to "defend" traditional RPG storytelling from the rabid incursion of SJW politics often reveal themselves to have a very limited understanding of exactly that subject.

Posers, in other words. Clearly motivated by political discourse rather than sincere roots in RPG legacy.

Mind you, I don't give much of a fuck about RPG legacy myself even though I'm steeped in it. I think most RPG lore is pretty poor and so anything lost to the ravenous hordes of either poser-grognards or retarded SJWs is minor, at worst. I tend to use these settings only because my players know them well and this familiarity breeds more good content at the table (we don't have to waste time familiarizing everyone with cultures, hierarchies, social interactions or the inherent meaning in whatever reference). Plus, the box set lore books from FR during 2nd edition have some of the best high fantasy fluff for roleplaying purposes - the writing may be of poor quality in many instances, but in terms of ideas, hooks and frames for a game, there's plenty of functional stuff in them.

So I'm not too great of a fan of the lore myself, I just happen to know the stuff very well myself after playing D&D for 25 years. As such, it ain't exactly hard to recognize someone talking out of their ass.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Strawman. My point wasn't to say that Greenwood was the bomb, and I even specifically stated that I myself dislike beards on dwarven women and don't use that canon in my own campaigns. I was replying specifically to the assertion that bearded dwarven women is an obvious SJW-novelty, when anyone whose ever known just a little bit about D&D and FR history would be able to instantly recognize that that's just not the case. There are so many sources in so many settings that reference this. I used Greenwood as an example because we're talking about FR.

The fact that anyone would take such a lore-documented subject as clear evidence of a direct and unsupported result of SJW interference makes it clear that many people who claim to "defend" traditional RPG storytelling from the rabid incursion of SJW politics often reveal themselves to have a very limited understanding of exactly that subject.

Posers, in other words. Clearly motivated by political discourse rather than sincere roots in RPG legacy.
You criticize MuckMan for being a "poser" in immediately leaping to connect bearded dwarf women with progressive ideology, but you yourself are now conflating the Forgotten Realms campaign setting with D&D/AD&D more broadly. Female dwarves are specifically non-bearded in, among other places, the generic AD&D 2nd edition accessory PHBR6 The Complete Book of Dwarves (1991), the D&D Known World campaign setting book GAZ6 The Dwarves of Rockhome (1988), and the Dragonlance campaign setting book Dwarven Kingdoms of Krynn (1993), all three of which contain illustrations of the beardless dwarf women.

As for myself, I only wanted to object to the notion that Ed Greenwood and the Forgotten Realms should be regarded as the canonical sources for background material in D&D/AD&D games. I would be quite happy for Larian to contradict anything and everything ever posited by Ed Greenwood. :M

Sykar

Arcane
been a long time but I remember the original FR dwarf lore involving them having to kidnap women of other species because there were so few dwarf women and they weren't having children or some shit
modern d&dtards would lose their marbles over it
Zed Duke of Banville dig this up for me
maybe I'm thinking of greyhawk?
Dwarven rape fantasies are one category of Ed Greenwood's perversions that actually appeared in the published version of the Forgotten Realms, courtesy of Ed Greenwood himself writing FR11 Dwarves Deep:
Ed Greenwood said:
The tragic ‘secret’ of the dwarves is their low birthrate. Fear of clan extinction sometimes drives dwarves to raid human settlements for mates, or even to deal with slavers. The dwarves are usually in search of human women, because the low dwarven birthrate is thought to be due to low fertility among dwarven women.

The offspring of a human and a dwarf is always dwarven enough to pass for a true dwarf (although it may be a foot taller than other dwarves). Any offspring it may in turn have with a dwarven mate will be fully dwarven, reverting to usual dwarven height. The taking of human mates is “the secret salvation of the race” referred to by some dwarven elders.
Note that this same FR11 Dwarves Deep asserts that female dwarves have beards, in contradiction to generic AD&D information and the other campaign settings. It's a disgrace that Ed Greenwood was ever allowed to become the creator of an AD&D campaign setting, much less the one intended as the generic default setting.
Ed Greenwood is a maladjusted teen. His works are amongst the most deviant (for given values of deviance) of all FR DnD authors. Gratuitous nudity, homosexuality, trannism (before it became trendy, natch!), rape fantasies. It is all there. The entire Elminster series was almost physically painful to read. And Crown of Fire was... basically a bevy of females bathing together, running around nude together, or having their clothes destroyed right off their bodies.

You forgot the pee fetish in the Spellfire saga. Yes Eddy, we know that women have to pee sometimes. No need to remind us every 10 pages...

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
been a long time but I remember the original FR dwarf lore involving them having to kidnap women of other species because there were so few dwarf women and they weren't having children or some shit
Dwarven rape fantasies are one category of Ed Greenwood's perversions that actually appeared in the published version of the Forgotten Realms, courtesy of Ed Greenwood himself writing FR11 Dwarves Deep:
Ed Greenwood said:
The tragic ‘secret’ of the dwarves is their low birthrate. Fear of clan extinction sometimes drives dwarves to raid human settlements for mates, or even to deal with slavers. The dwarves are usually in search of human women, because the low dwarven birthrate is thought to be due to low fertility among dwarven women.

The offspring of a human and a dwarf is always dwarven enough to pass for a true dwarf (although it may be a foot taller than other dwarves). Any offspring it may in turn have with a dwarven mate will be fully dwarven, reverting to usual dwarven height. The taking of human mates is “the secret salvation of the race” referred to by some dwarven elders.
Note that this same FR11 Dwarves Deep asserts that female dwarves have beards, in contradiction to generic AD&D information and the other campaign settings. It's a disgrace that Ed Greenwood was ever allowed to become the creator of an AD&D campaign setting, much less the one intended as the generic default setting.
Ed Greenwood is a maladjusted teen. His works are amongst the most deviant (for given values of deviance) of all FR DnD authors. Gratuitous nudity, homosexuality, trannism (before it became trendy, natch!), rape fantasies. It is all there. The entire Elminster series was almost physically painful to read. And Crown of Fire was... basically a bevy of females bathing together, running around nude together, or having their clothes destroyed right off their bodies.

You forgot the pee fetish in the Spellfire saga. Yes Eddy, we know that women have to pee sometimes. No need to remind us every 10 pages...

If nothing else, Greenwood's "contributions" to the hobby are good to remember since it explains where a lot of things in the current market and fanbase come from.

I've had acquaintances talk about their campaign where so and so gets involved in some love triangle thing and blah blah. I always stare at it and think, "I just wanted to fight some orcs, man." :hahano:

Cael

Arcane
Ed Greenwood said:

I... actually don't remember much about Spellfire. Just the dracolich getting hammered by spellfire. And something about the Cult of Dragons.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You criticize MuckMan for being a "poser" in immediately leaping to connect bearded dwarf women with progressive ideology, but you yourself are now conflating the Forgotten Realms campaign setting with D&D/AD&D more broadly.

Wat. You are literally the one who did that by referencing a non-FR source, I just followed up on your comment to say there are also sources outside FR with bearded dwarf women. In my original thread I only reference FR since we’re talking about a damned FR game. I am also not conflating anything, just stating the fact that more settings have references to dwarven females with beards, including Middle Earth, Dragonlance and Greyhawk.

Lemme ask you: is it or is it not true that bearded dwarves women have been a thing before including in FR and thus are not a modern SJW novelty?

Because that is the singular assertion I have made, and since you don’t seem disagree with me on that, I’m having difficulty discerning what your actual point is - if indeed you have one at all. If your point was to “object to Ed Greenwood” then my most recent response applies, seeing as I haven’t made any statements regarding the quality of his writings except to say that I generally find most P&P fantasy writing underwhelming.

Ed Greenwood said:

If nothing else, Greenwood's "contributions" to the hobby are good to remember since it explains where a lot of things in the current market and fanbase come from.

I've had acquaintances talk about their campaign where so and so gets involved in some love triangle thing and blah blah. I always stare at it and think, "I just wanted to fight some orcs, man." :hahano:

I grew up thinking people romancing each other at tabletop games was like a Hollywood stereotype joke view of P&P. The thought of two of the nerds at my table romancing each other is enough to creep a brother out

clint-eastwood-gran-torino.gif

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

You criticize MuckMan for being a "poser" in immediately leaping to connect bearded dwarf women with progressive ideology, but you yourself are now conflating the Forgotten Realms campaign setting with D&D/AD&D more broadly.

Wat. You are literally the one who did that, I just followed up on your comments. In my original thread I only reference FR since we’re talking about a damned FR game.

Lemme ask you: is it or is it not true that bearded dwarves women have been a thing before including in FR and thus are not a modern SJW novelty?

Because that is the singular assertion I have made, and since you don’t seem disagree with me on that, I’m having difficulty discerning what your actual point is - if indeed you have one at all. If your point was to “object to Ed Greenwood” then my most recent response applies, seeing as I haven’t made any statements regarding the quality of his writings.

Don't bearded dwarf women go back to Tolkien? I doubt he had an SJW agenda.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Wat. You are literally the one who did that, I just followed up on your comments. In my original thread I only reference FR since we’re talking about a damned FR game.

Because that is the singular assertion I have made, and since you don’t seem disagree with me on that, I’m having difficulty discerning what your actual point is - if indeed you have one at all. If your point was to “object to Ed Greenwood” then my most recent response applies, seeing as I haven’t made any statements regarding the quality of his writings.

Don't bearded dwarf women go back to Tolkien? I doubt he had an SJW agenda.

Yes (see my edit) though IIRC it’s primarily in the form of a minor appendix reference. Not a Tolkien buff

LJ40

Cipher
As for myself, I only wanted to object to the notion that Ed Greenwood and the Forgotten Realms should be regarded as the canonical sources for background material in D&D/AD&D games. I would be quite happy for Larian to contradict anything and everything ever posited by Ed Greenwood.

Seriously. I mean, the very thought of female dwarves with beards? What would Gygax say?

Gary Gygax - Dragon Magazine #38 (1980) said:
Now, do female dwarves have beards? Certainly! And male dwarves are darn glad for it, for they do love to run their fingers through the long, soft growth of a comely dwarven lass.

Oh. Never mind then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom