Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did he finally move on and then I saw he changed his name again and yep still CRYomancing about this game.

Every single time that I stop posting in this thread, someone mentions me. My last post was not a critique towards BG3.

IMO BG3 is a bad game? No. Is just the worst D&D adaptation into a CRPG except by complete bastardizations like Sword Coast Legends. BTW, I'm playing Ravenloft Strahd possession(1995 2E first person D&D game ) and it is thousands of times better than this game.

The difference between a level 9 non-caster and a level 16 non-caster is more HP and a few abilities of varying usefulness since their ability to attack or use skills doesn't actualy improve.

Yep.

LV 20 ranger is merely +25% likely to hit an enemy than a lv 1 ranger. But can soak dozens of times more hits.

This game is going to be so good.

It has become more than obvious why Larian was chosen to make a sequel to this legendary series.

1651925287896.png

Master writing. 10/10. :troll:

By the way, update when, Swen

At June probably, probably more 20 GB of motion captured sex scenes and 100 MB of content.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Did he finally move on and then I saw he changed his name again and yep still CRYomancing about this game.

Every single time that I stop posting in this thread, someone mentions me. My last post was not a critique towards BG3.

IMO BG3 is a bad game? No. Is just the worst D&D adaptation into a CRPG except by complete bastardizations like Sword Coast Legends. BTW, I'm playing Ravenloft Strahd possession(1995 2E first person D&D game ) and it is thousands of times better than this game.

I have read this exact post at least 5 times before.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
[

Because people keep bringing me back.

Anwyay, wanna a good turn based D&D game? Check bellow. Could be better. Could have seasons, water and food scarcity and other mechanics but both DS games are way better than anything published by Larian. And BTW, Underdark is really nasty at close to lv cap of the second game(15). Is not a place where you go to fight lv 4 spiders that can soak multiple fireballs;

Saravan

Savant
[

Anwyay, wanna a good turn based D&D game? Check bellow. Could be better. Could have seasons, water and food scarcity and other mechanics but both DS games are way better than anything published by Larian. And BTW, Underdark is really nasty at close to lv cap of the second game(15). Is not a place where you go to fight lv 4 spiders that can soak multiple fireballs;

No you just repeat the same tiresome shit all the time no matter the topic. ME3 endings have more variation than your posts.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No you just repeat the same tiresome shit all the time no matter the topic. ME3 endings have more variation than your posts.

You know, this forum has a function called "ignore". If you hate my posts so much, you can ignore me and not interact with me.

And is not only I who repeat some points. The day/night cycle was brought by other members dozens of times, the "good writing" in underground nymph opinion also was brought multiple times. People keep repeating the same discussions by only one reason. BG3 lacks content. In PF:WoTR thread, people always have something new to discuss. BG3 with far more people working on it, with far less classes, races, spells, no game mechanics like mythic paths and mounted combat, way less quests, only TB instead of RtWP and TB, not even a freaking day/night cycle is receiving no substantial amount of content.

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah who could have guessed that making a whole DLC about the most unfinished part of the game would turn into a disaster.

Sarathiour

Cipher
You can argue about being shit, but there is a lot of thing that are just not scripted in chapter 5. Like none of the feature of the mythic path I picked are working properly, and some are just not implemented.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You can argue about being shit, but there is a lot of thing that are just not scripted in chapter 5. Like none of the feature of the mythic path I picked are working properly, and some are just not implemented.
It was legit question yo,all the game was broken mess on release,don't know which part of the turd tasted the worst for you.

Sarathiour

Cipher
The part where I lost all my abilities in exchange for nothing because the feature are still not implemented despite the game being released 8 months ago.

BruceVC

Magister
Yeah who could have guessed that making a whole DLC about the most unfinished part of the game would turn into a disaster.
What part is that? When i played it the whole game was shit.
Fanta I think you didnt enjoy the game because you didnt play the right character, you must play as the transgender, Jewish, Muslim, African American....then you will enjoy it :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
[

Nobody cares about that old boomer trash bro.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
GAME JOUNRLISTS doesn't cares about that old CRPG's

Fixed for you, here in RPG codex, people do like DOS era RPG's, this is not a game journo site where people only talk about AAA games with no depth and old console games. Menzoberranzan depicts with underdark better than any game. And BG3 has the worst depiction of the underdark.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
Just a reminder:

RPG games with day night cycles in the last 30 years:

-98% of the Rpgs.

RPG games without day night cycles in the last 30 years:

-1% of the Rpgs.
-Larian games
-Baldur's Gate 3.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
People will get butthurt and acuse me of repeating myself for talking about D/N cycle agains despite being other person who brought that discussion

Just a reminder:

-98% of the Rpgs.

RPG games without day night cycles in the last 30 years:

-1% of the Rpgs.
-Larian games
-Baldur's Gate 3.

Pathfinder Kingmaker, not only had D/N cycle but also had SEASONS and weather rain, storm, snow(...). And PF:WoTR has environmental effects affecting battles. Anyway, I was replaying BG1:EE as an Shadow Adept. It creates an entire new magical system with complete new spells(mostly dark twisted versions of base game spells); While exposed to sunlight, I lose caster level, casting speed, have some penalties and my summons become weaker. A screenshot of a spell bellow.

VbZhxS1.png

We need more games with D/N cycle like V Rising and mechanics involving day/night. A stealth mission should be easier done at night. Creatures like DROW should be at disadvantage while exposed to sunlight.

coincidentally that also applies to RPGs that are good

You consider even Failout 76 an good RPG.

We all know why Larian can't implement D/N cycle. Making Astarion motion captured sex scenes takes too much resources.

-98% of the Rpgs.
Some of the best feels I ever had in BG was due to the day/night system. For example, my party would travel to Nashkel and arrive in the darkness of night after a long journey... They went to the local tavern for a drink and a chat, then spent a night at the inn before checking out the town in the early morning.

Not to mention that it also adds replay value. You might explore an area at night on one replay and during the day on another.

Day/night cycles really add a lot of atmosphere... but oh well, at least we got ogre foot fetishism and orc sex scenes... lmao

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Some of the best feels I ever had in BG was due to the day/night system. For example, my party would travel to Nashkel and arrive in the darkness of night after a long journey... They went to the local tavern for a drink and a chat, then spent a night at the inn before checking out the town in the early morning.

Not to mention that it also adds replay value. You might explore an area at night on one replay and during the day on another.

Day/night cycles really add a lot of atmosphere... but oh well, at least we got ogre foot fetishism and orc sex scenes... lmao

The weather was also a favorite of mine along with the day/night cycle. Arriving at a village or town in the middle of the night during a rainstorm and stumbling your way to an inn was perfect.
The light snowfall in Nashkel and the mountains was more evocative of those kinds of places in reality for me than almost anything else in a CRPG.

All for the price of some animated pixels, sound design and appropriately subdued music.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Look I am going to enjoy BG3 no matter what, but denying that the absence of day/night cycle won’t hurt is plain retarded.

But funnily enough it’s not the day/night cycle per se that is the problem, it’s the basic design the world is crafted with which tends to be more of a railroaded theme park, rather than an open world experience rewarding an exploration. In other words judging by what is currently available in EA I see little to no value in adding a day/night cycle (except probably for some stealth capabilities). For it to be valuable the game should offer an open world where the said feature will make sense rather than being a visual fluff. Current design just won’t support it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom