Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Level 4 adventurers going into the Underdark.

Jfc
The underdark is just a series of caves under the surface that span the entire continent. There is a massive range of possible CRs for creatures you encounter.
That's like saying "Level 4 adenturers going to Faerun. Jfc"
No,it is different lol. It is a hostile environment filled with very dangerous enemies. The underdark is not you just entering some random cave and call it a day lol. Also from what i remember the number of entrances were limited and you couldn't just enter it from any place lol.

Lambchop19 ahhh yes,the game doesn't feel like a BG3,it doesn't have the magic of the old ones. The pacing,the feel and the setting feel very different. It feels like a netflix adaptation to be honest. People that say that this game is good as the originals are retarded popamolists and should be given the appropriate tag.

Codex Year of the Donut

Jfc
The underdark is just a series of caves under the surface that span the entire continent. There is a massive range of possible CRs for creatures you encounter.
No,it is different lol. It is a hostile environment filled with very dangerous enemies. The underdark is not you just entering some random cave and call it a day lol. Also from what i remember the number of entrances were limited and you couldn't just enter it from any place lol.

Lambchop19 ahhh yes,the game doesn't feel like a BG3,it doesn't have the magic of the old ones. The pacing,the feel and the setting feel very different. It feels like a netflix adaptation to be honest. People that say that this game is good as the originals are retarded popamolists and should be given the appropriate tag.
There's a campaign set in the underdark that starts at level 1.
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/outoftheabyss

Many of the complaints seem to be "I know nothing of D&D beyond BG1 and 2 therefore it's wrong despite actually following D&D rules"

Ulysa

Scholar
I really wonder how anyone can play this for more than that since almost everything currently is unfinished/bugged and the rest is missing. Why it currently has 83% positive rating on steam is a mystery to me.
I have people in my Steam feed giving good reviews with 3 hs and not touching the game again even if I see them online constantly...
I think many are refraining to give a bad review because "eh... it's EA,"
At the same time I wonder if Steam is removing negative ones since it has a "bombing" policy right? Not sure. The truth is that I'm seeing a lot of complaints in those forums, more than I was expecting. Reddit even, the land of tralalalala.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why do you assume that there will be a companion for every class? This is not a bioware game,it is larian one,and they have always given you companions in the first chapter. I don't think that they will be actual companions,maybe factions liaisons like in dragon age origins,or something similar. Most likely that is the reason why they decided to have only 4 member party. Dos2 had 5-6 companions,depending if you are custom character or premade,they also killed of the other 2-3 characters in the second chapter.
Maybe not a companion for every class, but do you honestly think that we are not getting AT LEAST a dwarf, a drow, a tiefling, an elf, and a gnome as companions?
:hmmm:
Did you play the last two larian games? What makes you think that those are not all the companions? The loading screen shows only them,i doubt that there will be more.
According to Swen, around 130 people worked on D:OS 2, while more than 300 worked on BG3. And a D&D game like this can't have only 5 companions. It's just not possible, my mind isn't able to comprehend it. Maybe they will go for some sort of sidekicks that don't have an origin story attached and that can't be selected during character creations, but I refuse to believe that they don't plan to add new companions to the game.

Even if 2022 comes and the full game gets released without additional companions, I will still stand behind my statement.

When 2025 comes and BG4 gets released in early access, I will still stand behind my statement.

The day I die, I will die screaming that it is not possible for a D&D game like this to have only 5 companions.
300 but many sub studios for the 3D models animation , for the writing alone the 7 cuck squad as they like to be called, that seems already a lot for not so much text . We dont know of the work ethics either , maybe its a cool place with no crunch at larian with reasonable hours.. Anyway i think most of work time was spent on the visuals .Its always like that gameplay doesn't evolve much .
The amount of devs is irrelevant. When you over blob a production team,it tends to produce less. As they say,too many cooks in the kitchen. Also my italian frendo,when the game release and there are only those fagz....i will be behind you,nudging you to come to terms with reality. Also it was not possible to make a 4man dnd rpg,or a tb successor to bg2,yet here we are.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's very sad that even after two decades, a small, buggy game remains the undisputed champion when it comes to combat/rolls log, combined with its encylopedia-like feature.
toee+skill+check+bonus+breakdown.jpg

What game is that?
Temple of Elemental Evil
It even has what is essentially the entire PHB in the form of an ingame wiki-like format
Anything that's blue in the window is a link to another part of the ingame manual

I remember being completely blown away by it and no big budget RPGs even come close to having such a useful feature.
Don't listen to him,it is an ancient classic by the name of Dragon Age 2!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
[/QUOTE]
I have people in my Steam feed giving good reviews with 3 hs and not touching the game again even if I see them online constantly...
At the same time I wonder if Steam is removing negative ones since it has a "bombing" policy right? Not sure. The truth is that I'm seeing a lot of complaints in those forums, more than I was expecting. Reddit even, the land of tralalalala.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't put it past larian to arrange something with steam.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I like how people are just now figuring out 5E, while we've been complaining about that stuff since the beginning of 5E and the beginning of the first BG3 thread. Maybe play some tabletop? It's very fun, I promise.
Want to play some 5e then :lol:
If you didn't hold such... specific and tasteless political views that are actively dangerous to me and the DM of the group, I'd have invited you play with us next time I am in Sofia, but alas.
LoL two fags in a single group. Hahahah come on,you know that i work in society and am not a delusional kwanzanian going around burning shit because it is not part of me political party :). Also i shine at DMing :).

Poseidon00

Arcane

Many of the complaints seem to be "I know nothing of D&D beyond BG1 and 2 therefore it's wrong despite actually following D&D rules"

Ah, so level 1 Underdark is 5th edition fuckery. That explains it.

IIRC, without looking at any books, the Underdark was supposed to be a good bit beneath the surface and the upper caves close to ground level were the home of less dangerous creatures. Nobody used to refer to Dwarves in their underground homes as "living in the Underdark", the underdark was what was below them. Again, iirc.

Poseidon00

Arcane
The one good thing I can say about 5th edition is that people who have only played 5th are more likely to understand 2e that those who have only played 3rd.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Jfc

Don't be a butthurt faggit yo,never said that you can't make a UD low level start campaign.

At the same time I wonder if Steam is removing negative ones since it has a "bombing" policy right? Not sure. The truth is that I'm seeing a lot of complaints in those forums, more than I was expecting. Reddit even, the land of tralalalala.
I wouldn't put it past larian to arrange something with steam.
I too have noticed a decent amount of people that got something that they didn't expected/wanted from the game. A lot of people went blind expecting bg3 but found out that it is not that.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
LoL two fags in a single group. Hahahah come on,you know that i work in society and am not a delusional kwanzanian going around burning shit because it is not part of me political party :). Also i shine at DMing :).
How the fuck are you mods seriously going to give this guy and me the same tags? Surely there should be levels to this shit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

There's a few NPCs you encounter that seem to heavily suggest they'll be companions in the full game.
I assume the bard I missed is one of those.
I doubt that there will be more than the starting retards.
The wounded blm tiefling will certainly be one, later when the party reaches Baldur's Gate.
I think she might be the ranger
I murdered her and cut her head off, so it’s unlikely she’ll be joining my party. :M
Those weren't paladins you know, they were lying.
prove it. :M

TOBa9Xy.jpg

fantadomat this is what I'm talking about.

Literal feat selection.

There's a default feat selected, but you can swap it out for another feat.

Codex Year of the Donut

Ah, so level 1 Underdark is 5th edition fuckery. That explains it.

IIRC, without looking at any books, the Underdark was supposed to be a good bit beneath the surface and the upper caves close to ground level were the home of less dangerous creatures. Nobody used to refer to Dwarves in their underground homes as "living in the Underdark", the underdark was what was below them. Again, iirc.
Underdark has always had low CR monsters. 2E's Night Below campaign is for characters level 1-10, and you enter the underdark at about level 5.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's a few NPCs you encounter that seem to heavily suggest they'll be companions in the full game.
The wounded blm tiefling will certainly be one, later when the party reaches Baldur's Gate.
I murdered her and cut her head off, so it’s unlikely she’ll be joining my party. :M
Talk to the dead guys using a spell, go into the basement to find the book, go back up and accuse them of lying to you, they admit it.

Talk to the dead guys using a spell, go into the basement to find the book, go back up and accuse them of lying to you, they admit it.
Aw, what a shame my character didn’t do this and lynched a she devil with African features.

Oh well. :M

Codex Year of the Donut
Aw, what a shame my character didn’t do this and lynched a she devil with African features.

They're devil worshipers.

I cut her head off and regret nothing.

I have a cool sword now, but I would do it again for free. :M

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

They're devil worshipers.
Just wanted to add to the spoiler pyramid :obviously:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
What I've seen of the game through streams is really promising tbh. Too bad about the companions not being on par with BG2's cast though.
I don’t know if they aren’t on par, they’re just fewer likable ones.

How many great BG2 companions were there? Edwin, Viconia, Jaheira, Keldorn...and? Imoen and Cernd are boring, Aerie is an idiot, Minsc is a meme, Yoshimo can’t really be called a companion without mods, Anomen is about on par with these BG3 companions, as are Herdeleis, and maybe the evil dwarf whose name I don’t remember.

That said, it’s more on par with Dragon Age: Origins in terms of companions. There’s going to be one or two you like and you’ll hate the rest. As apposed to 3 or 4 you liked in BG, which is more, but let’s take off our rose-colored glasses here.
Jan motherfucking Jansen. That nigga was with me till the very end.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol at the latest Steam update:

Before the fixes, let’s share something you’ve created yourselves (this is your own fault) through your choices in character creation. We took the most popular choices in character creation, and recreated this. We thought our analytics system wasn’t working! We checked. It is.

fOsSFJa.png

Congratulations, you’ve basically made the default Vault Dweller. What the hell guys. We gave you demon eyes, horns, and even tails. We are sorely disappointed. Go crazy. We worked hard on this!

FYI, Swen, this is your target audience - a white male.

So did they really think black people would be the target audience before this? Because that was the default male human race.

Codex Year of the Donut
Lol at the latest Steam update:

Before the fixes, let’s share something you’ve created yourselves (this is your own fault) through your choices in character creation. We took the most popular choices in character creation, and recreated this. We thought our analytics system wasn’t working! We checked. It is.

fOsSFJa.png

Congratulations, you’ve basically made the default Vault Dweller. What the hell guys. We gave you demon eyes, horns, and even tails. We are sorely disappointed. Go crazy. We worked hard on this!

FYI, Swen, this is your target audience - a white male.

So did they really think black people would be the target audience before this? Because that was the default male human race.
The default is randomized.
Which further proves the point of what their target audience wants, people obviously aren't just selecting the default.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
How many of these people actually played and finished the originals?

Anyway, as I said before, Larian should have spent more time and effort on pleasing their core fanbase (straight, white males) than adding woke shit to the game when the clueless media are just going to shrug and pan it anyway for dumb reasons.

To be clear: "Baldur´s Gate III" is fun. It is already a tight game that starts with a lot of speed and throws players right into adventure, exploring and trying things out.

Ok...

Can the sequel pick up on this feeling from back then? Does it have that certain something, whatever that was that made the old games so unique?
The magic of the old days, this feeling of discovering unknown horizons and strange worlds on the few inches of the flickering screen in front of you, is still a long time coming.

You can also find this peculiar feeling elsewhere. In the past few years a number of outstanding games have appeared that are reminiscent of "Baldur's Gate" in one way or another:
:nocountryforshitposters:

Oh, I see. It's missing a FEELING. Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. :roll:

Pretty clear the author had either never played the original and is just talking out of her ass, or else had no idea what it was she was criticizing about the game or why and just wasted everyone's time.
So the question is: is "Baldur's Gate III" more "Baldur's Gate" than any of these other good examples? Sure, it takes place in Faerûn and ties in with the story of "Baldur's Gate". But in the end it was and is about the feeling of limitless adventure within the confines of a screen.
:deathclaw:
Muh feelings. What a bunch of dickless faggots :lol:

ChildInTime

Learned
Have any of you done the underdark yet? Feels way too difficult for level 4s.
My bet is that it's not for the first chapter(aka lv 1 to 4), but it's on the same map so larian just release it anyway.

Otherwise you can get to level 6 just during "chapter 1" alone, and the maximum 10 level will become a joke.
If they did not limit leveling to 4, I'm pretty certain I would have reached at least 5, maybe 6 after everything was said and done. And Larian already confirmed it will be higher than lvl 10, cause that is certainly too little with the amount of XP they give out during chapter 1 alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom