Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Apparently, if we let black people make black characters in video games we will all degenerate and die. Black people must be forced to play white characters so that they know how good they could have had it or something? Is recognizing that some black people play your game SJW? You can play a half-orc but don't you dare be a fucking black person.
Niggers don't play RPGs.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, if they decided to show us the best stuff they got in terms of quests... wow, just wow. You encounter a wounded tiefling, and she tells you that a group of fanatics is trying to kill her for no reason whatsoever. Then you encounter said fanatics, and they tell you that there is a tiefling running around killing innocent people (the narrator tells you that it might be the one you met before on the shore... thanks, very helpful). You go back to the tiefling and... there's no dialogue option to confront her about what you just discovered. What the fuck. You either kill her without giving her a chance to explain, or kill the fanatics without knowing if they are right or wrong.
You messed up.
I messed up what?

The thing with the caged goblin is another such thing. Stand by and watch the prisoner get executed or step in front of the crossbow, triggering a fight with bad luck.
Wait, what? You could fight those tiefling? Fuck, I missed the XP.

Codex Year of the Donut
What are other's thoughts on
Omeluum, the friendly mindflayer?
Seems likely to me that the theories earlier in the thread about
mindflayer tadpoles being modified by bhaal is likely, especially considering the skeleton in your camp is a priest of Jergal.
Also, this item is really good:
unknown.png
I like the itemization so far. Seems a lot better than DOS1/DOS2 diablo-tier itemization. Only found a couple magical items and
Gale wants to eat most of them

Codex Year of the Donut
Well, if they decided to show us the best stuff they got in terms of quests... wow, just wow. You encounter a wounded tiefling, and she tells you that a group of fanatics is trying to kill her for no reason whatsoever. Then you encounter said fanatics, and they tell you that there is a tiefling running around killing innocent people (the narrator tells you that it might be the one you met before on the shore... thanks, very helpful). You go back to the tiefling and... there's no dialogue option to confront her about what you just discovered. What the fuck. You either kill her without giving her a chance to explain, or kill the fanatics without knowing if they are right or wrong.
You messed up.
I messed up what?
They're not paladins, you should do more detective work.

Shinros

Learned
Apparently, if we let black people make black characters in video games we will all degenerate and die. Black people must be forced to play white characters so that they know how good they could have had it or something? Is recognizing that some black people play your game SJW? You can play a half-orc but don't you dare be a fucking black person.

Honestly I just find it tiring. Since I've started to look into what makes people woke and why they do it? It's just made me jaded. Why are companies shocked that the majority who are white male, play a white male? Why do they need to stroke themselves and scream to the heavens that they added a black skin tone? It's dumb

The people who care about that stuff don't really buy such products. Why do they need approval from social media? It's just dumb, I don't get what drives these people. It seems like a case of narcissm.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
You messed up.
I messed up what?
They're not paladins, you should do more detective work.
That changes nothing. Why can't I just ask the tiefling "Hey, did you burn an entire family?" or something like that? It makes no sense, especially considering that you already forced yourself into her mind, so it's natural to think "hey, maybe I can try that again".

Shinros

Learned
There's a reason so many video games featured similar looking protagonists(to the point where it became a meme): they were using market feedback and analytics.
Good example is one of the Fable games wanting to have a black female on the cover and microsoft's marketing department basically told them to fuck off.

To be serious whenever I talk about games with my mates, they only talk about fifa, NBA and COD. Those are the games that are largely played my demographic. If people think that business' don't have such discussions with their marketing their delusional.

Its the same logic behind why you see a black guy being marketed on basketball games.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
How many chapters are they planning on having for the final product?
At least 2.
So the classic 3-arch structure, eh?

By the way, I've previously asked this (and got no answer), but how anticlimactic is the end of the first chapter? Tempted to try the EA, but the storyfag in me can't be bothered if it ends out of nowhere narrativewise.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, I've previously asked this (and got no answer), but how anticlimactic is the end of the first chapter? Tempted to try the EA, but the storyfag in me can't be bothered if it ends out of nowhere narrativewise.
It's a broken item, it's not even in the game. Scream from a streamer.

Poseidon00

Arcane

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Jump is not on any shortcut.... why?
The real question is: why is it even in the game? What's the point of it?

"Hey look, there's a chasm (or an obstacle, or a difference in altitude) between where I am and where I want to go... hmmm, let's see how I can overcome this unexpected and surprising challenge... oh yes, I know: I can jump!"

Now do that 100 times.

The worst part is that the game also explicitly tells you "no, you can't go there with a simple left-click: you have to use your jump". I mean, okay? Just activate the jump instead of asking me to do it, it's not like there's some sort of resources management involved.

Not to mention the fact that it completely invalidates core mechanics of 5E's combat system. Basically everyone has the Rogue's Cunning Action feature, it's ridiculous.

LJ40

Cipher
There's a reason so many video games featured similar looking protagonists(to the point where it became a meme): they were using market feedback and analytics.
Good example is one of the Fable games wanting to have a black female on the cover and microsoft's marketing department basically told them to fuck off.

"They said, what's the most unsuccessful Disney film? I was like, I don't know. They went, Princess and the Frog. Work it out."

Holy based
If he was really committed to his cause, he probably should have pointed out that Princess and the Frog isn't even close to their most unsuccessful film.

Shinros

Learned
As someone who has seen a lot of dicks up close I can tell you that there is something very wrong with yours.
Nah, its fine. I was debating whether to do the picture or not. You wanted proof so I gave it. (Also to those who are afraid of the link. it's not a picture of a junk. It's my middle finger. Plus there is a time limit on the picture.)

Codex Year of the Donut

"Hey look, there's a chasm (or an obstacle, or a difference in altitude) between where I am and where I want to go... hmmm, let's see how I can overcome this unexpected and surprising challenge... oh yes, I know: I can jump!"

Now do that 100 times.

The worst part is that the game also explicitly tells you "no, you can't go there with a simple left-click: you have to use your jump". I mean, okay? Just activate the jump instead of asking me to do it, it's not like there's some sort of resources management involved.

Not to mention the fact that it completely invalidates core mechanics of 5E's combat system. Basically everyone has the Rogue's Cunning Action feature, it's ridiculous.
because it's fun
:happytrollboy:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Now do that 100 times.

because it's fun
:happytrollboy:
But it's not fun. That's the point.

It's like when Star Stable asks me to click on the bucket in my inventory to fill it with water with a second click on the well. Just fill the bucket that I have in the inventory when I click the well. There is no other possible way to interact with the well, just fill the damn bucket and let me move on.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Now do that 100 times.

That's something they definitely need to fix. It's like that they are afraid to cut any features that were present in DiV2, just because it might look like a downgrade. Same goes with every class being able to read scrolls.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Eh, I'm going to regret this.

Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling. Often, the people who do it have no idea what they're talking about. I personally believe if someone works hard they can find success. These very same people who say they "care" then tell me to get in my corner and that black people are too poor to work hard, you need more welfare, you're internally racist. It's projection, all the goddamn time. They've never lived in the violent areas or had to deal with family members getting assualted.

These same companies then plaster BLM everywhere while they kill black cops and destroy business' and homes. Its why I like owlcat, they write characters, skin-tone never comes into it. Also they didn't pander to rioters.

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine. It's pissing me off that outside forces want to change my hobby. And for some reason twitter thinks orcs and drow are black people. As I said projection, every time.

Out with you, spawn of Africa.
Get out.

Pay attention who labelled me as "racist". We know now whose souls... and skin... are blackened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom