Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
Party members are meant to follow you over jumps btw, it's just bugged. It works fine in the intro parts, stops working in act 1.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Who's even showing off that black people are in the game? No one. You're a bunch of wack jobs screaming at the sky. They've been showing off that they have an in-depth character creator which is a stupid and shallow thing to show off about but that's pretty much it. It's very easy to just add black skin colors for the whatever amount of black people who decide to play the game. I support all types of people playing rpgs unless they're playing DOS3 then they're fucking idiots whether they're black or white. As long as they support the good rpgs it's better for us the more people there are. If you can show me some statistics that show that black people disproportionally play bg3 more than other rpgs compared to white people than I might be inclined to agree with some of you, but otherwise you guys are getting butthurt at stupid shit.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Shinros

Learned
Stop scaring the normies off. Donate, get GD access and keep it there.

It's okay, I'll still answer his questions. It will annoy him to no end. I came to this forum to talk about RPG games. The good ones. And I got what I wanted in spades, had few good back and forths with some users. Sometimes I was wrong, somtimes I am right. It's nice to have an intelligent disscusion about our shared hobby.

Ninjerk

Arcane

It's okay, I'll still answer his questions. It will annoy him to no end. I came to this forum to talk about RPG games. The good ones. And I got what I wanted in spades, had few good back and forths with some users. Sometimes I was wrong, somtimes I am right. It's nice to have an intelligent disscusion about our shared hobby.
You just fucked up.

Vatnik Wumao

That's the right attitude to have. Dogs bark, the caravan passes.

Codex Year of the Donut
Who's even showing off that black people are in the game? No one. You're a bunch of wack jobs screaming at the sky. They've been showing off that they have an in-depth character creator which is a stupid and shallow thing to show off about but that's pretty much it. It's very easy to just add black skin colors for the whatever amount of black people who decide to play the game. I support all types of people playing rpgs unless they're playing DOS3 then they're fucking idiots whether they're black or white. As long as they support the good rpgs it's better for us the more people there are. If you can show me some statistics that show that black people disproportionally play bg3 more than other rpgs compared to white people than I might be inclined to agree with some of you, but otherwise you guys are getting butthurt at stupid shit.
reminder that you either support BG3 or you support this

Vatnik Wumao
LrRbp8X.jpg

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
As I said, niggers don't play RPGs or wargames. Even the Booba over here agrees with that

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Cohh finished his lp and I finished watching it and I don't get it. Where's actual Faerun, and Sword Coast? There wasn't even a realistic settlement of any kind. Basically beginning is some tiefling village, druid circle, goblin dungon, some extra dungeons and quests scattered around; then barely few levels old he jumped into Underdark and pushes Hook Horrors and Bulettes from ledges, doing quests for Good Mushroom Village and meets good illithid who wants to make underdark great again. And then approaches something which looks like big lair of an Enemy.

That gave me feeling that Ch 1 is this then Ch 2 is Underdark (?) and Ch 3 is actual Baldur's Gate but ON FIRE because it would probably be attacked by magic tadpoles - those that don't do anything, because Magic.

If that is the case, that would suck.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
According to you supporting bg3 is supporting this sjw stance that black people play rpgs because they let you make a black character. But then I'm somehow on the other side of the pendulum, which is also supporting black people playing rpgs. Seems there's just no side you can support without accidentally supporting black people

Codex Year of the Donut
Cohh finished his lp and I finished watching it and I don't get it. Where's actual Faerun, and Sword Coast? There wasn't even a realistic settlement of any kind. Basically beginning is some tiefling village, druid circle, goblin dungon, some extra dungeons and quests scattered around; then barely few levels old he jumped into Underdark and pushes Hook Horrors and Bulettes from ledges, doing quests for Good Mushroom Village and meets good illithid who wants to make underdark great again. And then approaches something which looks like big lair of an Enemy.

That gave me feeling that Ch 1 is this then Ch 2 is Underdark (?) and Ch 3 is actual Baldur's Gate but ON FIRE because it would probably be attacked by magic tadpoles - those that don't do anything, because Magic.

If that is the case, that would suck.
You crashlanded in the snail in essentially the middle of nowhere.
I cannot believe this is next generation adventuring and as someone else mentioned it is Sword Coast okay? so why does it look like mediterranean place right?
Too many RPG grognards were decrying the "typical western setting", and in his wisdom Swen listened. Now the Sword Coast was made to look like Swen's dream vacation in Greece.
It's a river.
The start of the game is approximately here:
map.jpg

BTW, the path at the end of act 1 splits. You can either go over or under.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well a sequence of not connected to each other chapters with some cutscenes/dialogue between them is how DOS2 was. So that boat ride at the end seems, again, just like end of island in DOS2.

Codex Year of the Donut
Well a sequence of not connected to each other chapters with some cutscenes/dialogue between them is how DOS2 was.
The areas are directly connected to each other. The Underdark is already ingame and part of Act 1. Act 2 will probably be arriving at Baldur's Gate.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Eh, I'm going to regret this.

Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling. Often, the people who do it have no idea what they're talking about. I personally believe if someone works hard they can find success. These very same people who say they "care" then tell me to get in my corner and that black people are too poor to work hard, you need more welfare, you're internally racist. It's projection, all the goddamn time. They've never lived in the violent areas or had to deal with family members getting assualted.
I imagine those who really care and understand are doing activism on the streets instead of on social media. It's also an ego thing. They virtue signal for self-satisfaction, pride, love from the echo chamber. To have feels about sometihng may indicate morality but it isn't a moral action. The only moral actions are those that create positive, tangible consequences. I raise attention to stuff but only if what I say can make a practical difference, or generate one (e.g. Yemen, imperialism, whatever - stuff we can actually address, that we are not aware of because the media is virtue-signaling Trump/anti-Trump all day, every day... Heck, even talk political theory that is unrelated to the current scenario).

These same companies then plaster BLM everywhere while they kill black cops and destroy business' and homes. Its why I like owlcat, they write characters, skin-tone never comes into it. Also they didn't pander to rioters.
Virtue signalers who accomplish nothing, especially companies, it's all for themselves.

I don't get why people don't get that complaining doesn't cause change unless action is taken. If they have the opportunity to take action but they are virtue signaling instead, then for all intents and purposes, they're being immoral.

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine. It's pissing me off that outside forces want to change my hobby.
Lol what about the inside forces? Matt Ward? Primaris Marines?

Poseidon00

Arcane
The steam forum on the game is a big lol. 90% of the comments are negative and then there are a few die hards calling everyone trolls.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
According to you supporting bg3 is supporting this sjw stance that black people play rpgs because they let you make a black character.
RPG is the white genre, always been. I can't imagine some homies standing at the corner and discussing what Fallout is better, first or second. And you see, in the times when multi-kulti and diversity shit hasn't infected every branch of Western society developers realized that and accommodated for the players of their games, id est, white people. I don't have to provide any examples: take any serious RPG and see that the characters there are mostly white, and even some elves, gnomes, dwarfs and halflings are always white.

SJWs just show their retardation once again and confuse cause and effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom