Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Shadowheart gets captured and tortured

I HATE forced failure like that.

If there was one thing that Larian could have NOT imitated from Bioware, it's forced failure.

Shadowheart gets captured and tortured

I HATE forced failure like that.

If there was one thing that Larian could have NOT imitated from Bioware, it's forced failure.
All I can tell you is that it may happen because there's strings related to it. No idea if it has to happen.
True, there's always the chance Larian will surprise us. The amount of reactivity that's already there has already surprised me. Oh well. Just wait and see.

Darkzone

Arcane
Stop scaring the normies off. Donate, get GD access and keep it there.

It's okay, I'll still answer his questions. It will annoy him to no end. I came to this forum to talk about RPG games. The good ones. And I got what I wanted in spades, had few good back and forths with some users. Sometimes I was wrong, somtimes I am right. It's nice to have an intelligent disscusion about our shared hobby.
Don't worry Stalin is racist, but only against whites. Nobody has killed more white people than Iosseb "the steely one" Jughashvili.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Now that I think about it there's something about the maps I find a bit odd.
The overworld area has a couple of locations that seem like they'll serve as traditional map travelling points. They open up a world map with the accessible areas and a message telling you that you can't go anywhere because those areas are off-limits during EA.
However the first chapter/act of the story seems to only finish once you board a specific boat in the Underdark.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it's making me wonder if the area you're travelling to at the end of the first act somehow will be directly connected to the areas you'll be able to reach through the overworld map travel or if they actually will include lesser side maps off the beaten path that you can travel to.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Have been playing this game about two hours so far i'm enjoying it, there's bug in there that will can be expected from EA.

It's a good TB game based on 5th edition, but i still to think why they decide to use Baldurs Gate name?

I know they use it for marketing and nostalgia reason, but with different ruleset and setting a hundred years after the two games. I think it more sensible to start naming franchise based on different city on sword coast. Maybe Waterdeep or Luskan?

Last edited:

I know they use it for marketing and nostalgia reason, but with different ruleset and setting a hundred years after the two games. I think it more sensible to start naming franchise based on different city on sword coast. Maybe Water deep or Luskan?
WotC has already invested a ton into Baldur’s Gate in terms of campaigns and lore leading up to this. It’s years in the making, which makes it really unreasonable when posters blame Larian for it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate:_Descent_Into_Avernus

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not only Descent into Avernus, but also A Murder in Baldur's Gate and Heroes of Baldur's Gate. They are milking that dead horse for all it's worth.

Side note: I restarted my game and it turns out you can pickpocket the strange "box" off of Shadowheart when you fist meat her.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Huh i see the blame solely on WoTC then?

So what kind a setting Larian will be based upon on if they given unrestricted access to Forgotten Realm if given chance or is there any Larian Pitch to WoTC after finishing up DoS2 before they given BG3 instead?

Poseidon00

Arcane
WotC has already invested a ton into Baldur’s Gate in terms of campaigns and lore leading up to this. It’s years in the making, which makes it really unreasonable when posters blame Larian for it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate:_Descent_Into_Avernus

"It will serve as a prequel to the video game Baldur's Gate III.[1] Christopher Perkins, Dungeons & Dragons Principal Narrative Designer, described the module as "Dungeons & Dragons meets Mad Max: Fury Road".[2]"

Christopher Perkins is the one who gave us 4th edition. If you want someone to blame for the decline of DnD and Baldurs Gate, it is the guy who thinks BG should be more like Mad Max.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do I control whether it's 1h or 2h? It always equips as 1h.

f76b8ef808daa737c66c7546c0a0d60e.png

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The steam forum on the game is a big lol. 90% of the comments are negative and then there are a few die hards calling everyone trolls.
That's like every steam forum I ever saw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom