Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3: Combat System Poll

What combat system should BG3 employ?

• RTwP or you are a heretic.

Votes: 45 24.6%
  • Turn-based of course. You must be new around here.

Votes: 80 43.7%
  • Both RTwP and TB modes. "It's all about player choice (TM)."

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • First person action combat like Godd Howard intended.

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Third person action combat with stamina restriction. BG is the new Dark Souls.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • VN

Votes: 18 9.8%

• Total voters

Doktor Best

Arcane
They should do what they are inspired to do, and fucking FOcUS on it (no, encounter design that works for one mode does not work for the other equally well), and do a great job. I did not see such an option in the poll.

They choose TB? Design the fucking encounters around TB. They should be fun to play when TB.

They choose RTwP? Design the encounters around RTwP. Make absolutely sure they are fun when played as RTwP.

But don't fucking mix them up. IF you do mix them up and fail, I will be dancing on your grave.

I tend to agree, but your statement doesn't lack a certain ironic aftertaste due to your avatar picture.

I still think there is a chance someone can pull off a decent hybrid combat system, but a whole lot of design effort would have to flow in that direction.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
If you really want to cater to some aged 40 years olds that never played action games and have no reflex remaining, at least make it TB.
RTWP is the most shitty combat system ever created. If the game poses a decent challenge you cannot play as a real time, and need to constantly freeze the game mid action, thus breaking any leftover of immersivity. At least in TB you can actually enjoy the animations and the fight.
I seriously had more fun playing some gamebooks, than playing rtwp.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would prefer it be turn-based, but I'm guessing it's more like Dragon Age: Origins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom