Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 gameplay to be revealed at PAX East on February 27th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate 3; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

After seven months of blowing smoke and wasting our time with Divinity: Original Sin 2 Switch ports and board games, Larian are at last ready to reveal some Baldur's Gate 3 gameplay. After teasing it on social media last month, today they formally announced that the game will be shown at PAX East on February 27th, live on stage with YouTube gaming personality Jesse Cox. Here's the announcement from the latest issue of the Larian Gazette:

We are excited to announce the eagerly anticipated gameplay reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3. Our Creative Director Swen Vincke will be playing live on stage with Jesse Cox, revealing more about the story, mechanics, and the answers to much asked questions. With seating for 1000 people, don’t worry if you can’t make it to the live show, it’ll also be streamed on YouTube. For those at PAX, there will also be a short, live Q&A where your questions can be asked and answered.

We will also be present in the expo hall of PAX East, with an all-new booth dedicated to Baldur’s Gate 3. At the booth, our team will be serving up live gameplay presentations for the entire weekend, starting after the live show concludes.

Baldur’s Gate 3 was announced back at E3 last year, and since then we’ve have been continuing to grow to 350 people (including outsourcers), and working on new technology and pipelines that allow the team to create a truly next-generation RPG, spanning 100+ hours of content, with all the depth you’d expect, and many surprises along the way that even fans of critically acclaimed Divinity Original Sin 2 won’t expect.

Tune in on February 27 at 1530ET to discover why we've been quiet over the past few months, and which direction the studio is heading.

The drama will be glorious.

UPDATE: Larian have announced on Twitter that their presentation at PAX East has been extended by half an hour and will now begin at 3pm ET. This is going to be big.

BlaineMono

Liturgist
what, they have announced that they will reveal the gameplay of their upcoming game some time in the future, after teasing said announcement?

not sure my heart can handle the excitement, please announce this shit beforehand next time

LkxNzTB

https://imgur.com/LkxNzTB
Isometric + turn-based combat confirmed? Or at least an option to toggle between RtWP/TB? Pretty, pretty please?

Edit: apparently I don't know how to embed images, but you get the glimpse of gameplay screen from the "announcement of the announcement" video at 0:23

hexer

At 0:30 you can see mocap of a character called Mustafa.
At 1:05 you can see one of the "TileSetEditor" source files.

hexer

LkxNzTB

Isometric + turn-based combat confirmed? Or at least an option to toggle between RtWP/TB? Pretty, pretty please?

Edit: apparently I don't know how to embed images, but you get the glimpse of gameplay screen from the "announcement of the announcement" video at 0:23

That screenshot doesn't have to mean isometric.
All 3D level editors allow you to move the camera around as the level artist requires at the moment.

Good point, now I think it looks more like a lvl design thingy, not necessarily tied to any fixed perspective.

Anyway, a friend of mine who works at a studio which was used by Larian as an outsourcing outlet told me not to get too excited for BG3, but I'm afraid I cannot help it...

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
LkxNzTB

All 3D level editors allow you to move the camera around as the level artist requires at the moment.

LkxNzTB.jpg

Where is this picture from?

EDIT: Okay, never mind - it's from the video they posted.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

Good point, now I think it looks more like a lvl design thingy, not necessarily tied to any fixed perspective.

Anyway, a friend of mine who works at a studio which was used by Larian as an outsourcing outlet told me not to get too excited for BG3, but I'm afraid I cannot help it...
Not too excited , ok he knows you.. But we dont, what king of games do you prefer ? Its rpgcodex here, you dont really like those rpggames right ?

Codex Year of the Donut
"As we return to Baldur's Gate for the first time in 20 years"
Based Swen not counting EEs and SoD
would be funny if BG3 will end up being worse than SoD.
SoD has decent encounters and good exploration. Story is absolute shit though.
Also, the guy in charge of your money gets beaten up and robbed by refugees who say they need the money but then just spend it on getting drunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom