Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 passive aggressive thread

Jezal_k23

Post your passive aggressive Baldur's Gate 3 opinions in this important thread.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Baldur's Gate 3 will probably be great. As great as we can reasonably expect, anyway. I mean, we can't really hope for new classics these days, can we? But it's not Swen's fault, he's just adapting to the market. I would expect nothing less. He's just being smart. I have no problem with it.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
Compared to other franchises like Alien or Terminator, this sequel took some time to arrive. But I believe in Swen. Swen, you're the man!
Hope there will be some special classes to play.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I just realized that others will be able to romance my beloved Shadowcutie and I don't think I can accept that. Please don't touch her with your dirty hands.
I don't know this Shadowcutie you're talking about but I will make dirty deeds with Shadowheart which involve big hands and fingers all over her luscious body.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just realized that others will be able to romance my beloved Shadowcutie and I don't think I can accept that. Please don't touch her with your dirty hands.
I don't know this Shadowcutie you're talking about but I will make dirty deeds with Shadowheart which involve big hands and fingers all over her luscious body.
I hope she hits you hard with a giant #MeToo.
No, she would never do that, she is too kind.

polo

Magister
Game looks really good! not sure its baldurs gate.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Asking the Codex to be passive aggressive...

BG3 will be a great game for the kind of people who want a fantastic game made by Larian.
It was a great idea to give the game BG3 in it's title because it gives Larian the breadth and scope to continue the world Bioware and Blackisle created to the best of their ability.
The most devoted fans of the original games (including those who applauded and created SOD) have set the bar for the level of writing quality and tone expected in the BG series, and Larian can build on that with their in-house writers in Belgium.
The new game is 'dark' and 'serious'. Clearly this is a good thing as the originals were wacky, badly written, and fourth wall breaking.Therefore, we can only expect a greater literary experience from this new direction.
The fact that exploding squid people is in the trailer means 'shit just got real' which is much along the lines of: 'this aint you're daddy's RPG'.
There are dragons in the trailer. The fact that dragons, githyanki/githzerai, and mind flayers is in the game clearly raises its game.
Its turn-based, so the gameplay must be prestigious by default. Or at least better than RTWP.

I have so much to say about this title, and could continue showering Larian with my expectations. I actually think that before anything else, it was quite noble of them to resurrect this franchise, and continue another chapter (by calling their game BG3) in this great series. It's clear that their respect and admiration for the first two games, and the developers who created them, will be evident in their BG3 game (and the IP they have been given) when it hits the shelves.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
- Cinematic dialogues. Each time you click to talk to someone, there's some pregnant pause with camera showing this and that, and then the pause gives birth to a fucking nothing, characters just start talking.
- Since the camera is so low, why the point n click movement? Might as well make it WASD with other characters following in tow when out of combat.
- Shit music.
- Absolutely sure it will have shit writing, just like always with Larian.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I hope nobody romances my githyanki cutie.

Anyways, I didn't finish dos1 and somehow forced myself through Dos2. Don't think I'll play this game guys. Doesn't seem like it's for me

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Something's just aren't worth pirating. At some point it's not even a waste of money, it's a waste of time and effort and soul power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom