Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Belegarsson, May 30, 2019.

1. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    With their shit writers? No way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    It was a joke and I was wondering if you even notice. You did. Not only that. You exceeded my expectations and ignored the most relevant part of my post in order to focus on complaining about me calling you Fluent in the quote.

At this point I am 100% certain that you are either a paramecium or a troll. Because you do seem to be able to form sentences and change avatars, I am giving you benefit of a doubt here. I also suspected you're somebody's alt, given how asslicking your "opinion" of the Codex was and how much effort you go through in order to try and stoke the flames of war (let's be honest, butthurt here is pretty tame here, compared to other places). The only thing I wasn't sure about was whose alt you were, but when somebody called you out and you "denied" it in the most foolish way imaginable, I decided to roll with it and see what happens.

And you didn't disappoint. Now...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, I called you Fluent in the quote. Again.)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • nice nice x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    so true. IF we could have had a bunch of other classic modules with that engine, my god. That would have been glorious. Not to mention how they would have evolved the engine as it went along.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Tavernking Don't believe his lies Patron Developer

Tavernking
    FOUR UNDENIABLE TRUTHS
    1. This game is Divinity Original Sin 2.5
    2. Baldur's Gate 3 should have been made with the POE Deadfire engine with optional turn-based mode
    3. This game will still get good reviews
    4. I will still enjoy this game

• Brofist x 4
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    Faery Tale Adventure had a day/night cycle, with semi-realistic darkness, and that was developed in 1986 by one person in seven months on a new type of computer released late the previous year. +M

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Prestigious Prestigious x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    If my opinion is just butt licking the codex then why does it feel like everyone is so against me? The only reason you think I'm fluent is because I deny it? Would it help if I proudly walked around calling my self fluent? Can a mod give me a tag calling me fluent? I wouldn't want people to confuse me with fluent so I guess that's my only option. I'm ignoring your comment because there's a much more important thing to settle first. If you were truly interested in a conversation you wouldn't resort to name calling and accusations. I think you're the actual troll. You and all your name calling buddies. You pretend you want to have an actual discussion and I start to get invested but then you keep name calling and adding these stupid little remarks to your posts. Trolls accusing other people of being trolls. Classic troll move.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Participation Award x 2
    • Disgusting! x 2
    • cool story bro x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Nah, this is Divinity OS 2 Rulechange Mod

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Crispy

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. AwesomeButton Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I wish I could say I was surprised, but as I said multiple times, this is Larian. What did you expect, innovation? :lol: That they would update and possibly refactor their engine just so you can have a day night cycle?

The AAA business doesn't work that way. Cut cool features if the implementation is risky and costly, and use a fraction of their budget to hire poor ass journos to spread propaganda that this feature isn't that important anyway. Useful idiots like Rusty will do the rest of the work on social channels for free.

Of course the lack of day night cycle is a total disgrace. It says "I can be an insolent jackass but you will still give me your money, because I'm dangling the BG logo in front of you". The hell I am though.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    I don't actually want one. It was just pointing out how ridiculous what he said was. And it should be a banabble offense to change people's names like that in the quote. It's slander against fluent who's banned so he can't even defend himself.

• cuck x 3
    • Participation Award x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    I didn't say it was working.

"Important"? You think too highly of yourself. Nobody is important. Everyone is expendable.

Oh noes! He found out, lads!

The fuck you're talking about? Out of literally EVERYBODY in this thread you're the one who uses the goddamn royal "we" here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    I'm not using the royal we. There are many like minded individuals that I represent in each of my comments, I've spoken to many BG fans and they agree with me. We need to let people know that they aren't alone in thinking what's happening here is a crime against art and I'm showing people that you don't have to just take developers shit lying down. Maybe I won't change anything but at least my voice will be heard

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    seriously I agree. Even if they don't add schedules or anything how fucking hard is it just to make it fucking dark sometimes? Like this has been a thing in games forever. Its dark in their dungeons. Make it dark outside sometimes, what the fuck. Why even create this controversy.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    They're not adding it because they don't have to. You've seen people defend these decisions. Why add something if no one cares and people will even defend you for not adding it. Shills ruin everything.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    If I wanted to jerk off the codex I could easily do it. I would just parrot Lilura. I see a lot of people smack talking websites like Reddit on the codex because of the whole voting culty thing but you guys still copy follow ratings from your favorite posters anyways. I'll honestly probably pretend to like toee eventually just to get her to respect me.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    because the boots do 4 damage which is ridiculous. There is no way in any world that thrown shoes would do any damage to any creature much less one wearing Armour. You would never hit anybody with them anyway and how long would it take to take off your shoes and throw them?

A dagger? Ok. An axe? Ok. A fire flask..ok...shoes? If somebody threw shoes and hit you from 30 feet away and you are wearing Armour they are doing no damage. Its dumb as hell. Not to mention unlacing you boots and throwing them should take at least 10 to 20 seconds. If they are a back pack item, okay, but still shoes are not doing any damage to anyone unless you are a roach or something.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • (autism) (autism) x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. AwesomeButton Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Why do you care who respects you and who doesn't? That's a pretty weak strategy.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Elex Arbiter

Elex
    Too late internet will cite codex as the source.
    “Based on RPGCODEX is the guy that created armor system”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    Are you using realism argument? Here is the rule:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    I'm not a game developer. What would take longer to implement. A boot throwing feature or a day/night cycle feature? Which would you prefer to be in the game?

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Elex Arbiter

Elex
    • incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    No matter what the game looks like as a final product I'm sure we can all agree that's it's a great thing ray tracing made it in. I'm excited to see how the amazing lighting affects Volos beard.

• Funny x 6
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. AwesomeButton Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle Patron

AwesomeButton
    Like I said in the previous page L-AAA-rian won't rewrite their engine to feature day-night cycles. I'd bet a good sum that they can't implement it without serious low-level rework. This would then impact the scene editors they are using... imagine the whole project being delayed for a year. :lol:

Meanwhile you have a bunch of humble developers living and working in much worse conditions, who decide to put a HoMM3-lite in their Unity-based RPG, because they thought it would be cool.

There are developers that deserve respect for the risks they take, and developers who sell their asses to unwashed nu-gamer crowds.

• Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Feature creep isn't a good thing fyi

^ Top  
  25. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    I completely agree. Just compare how they interact with their community if you want to know Reich developers to support. You can feel passion when you're paying a game and that's why Pathfinder kingmaker, even with it's faults, was my favorite game of it's release year while divinity original sin 3 will never even make it onto my shelf.

• retadred x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.