Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Belegarsson, May 30, 2019.

1. Anonona Learned

Anonona
    I think he is referring to making all of those actions on a single turn/round, not in multiple turns. That is why he mentions a 7th attack if the fighter has haste and an 8th with the proper bonus action, as those two things increase the amount of possible actions a character can make in a single turn. I guess it could be possible in RtwP if you pause after an enemy's death to allow the player to choose the next target without the enemy attacking. Also most RtwP game are not actually simultaneous even if they look like it, they are still following rounds and initiative, so enemies actions usually do not take effect before you finished your attacks. If we are talking about an hypothetical RtwP system without rounds, then yeah, i think it could work like that.

But the game uses the vanician system of magic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Nah, learned my lesson doing that with DOS 2, no way I will waste my money buying the sequel day one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Elex Arbiter

Elex
    https://slyflourish.com/1_to_20_githyanki_campaign.html
    i wonder what have inspired that article.

^ Top  
  4. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I wasted my money on D.OS2 too. But was not on launch date. I had like 6 hours and din't got a refund. IDK why youtubers like shadiversity mentions it as "modern baldur's gate" when it is nothing like BG... The game literally has everything that i could hate in a RPG. Slow animations, battles that felt more like puzzles than battles, cooldowns, ultra limited range for weaponry, cartoonish graphics, progression becoming only number inflation(...)

I have more immersion playing Might & Magic VI, with the low res "2.5d" graphics than playing 99% of modern games.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I enjoy both good RTwP and good TB, and I've seen shit implementations of either system.

Based on what I've seen from Larian since D:OS1, I expect I'd have more fun with a good RTwP implementation than with whatever they put out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    No fucking way I'll support this disgraceful brand exploitation. Probably will try yarrr edition just to feel it myself but that's about it. On a second thought, if it somefuckinghow will turn out all around great game - then I'll buy it maybe even at full price (chance of becoming a great game is laughable slim anyway).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    For a player who isn't at ease with Larian's decisions and limitations, the only positive news is the 5e ruleset and the turn based combat (personally, I don't think 5e is so dumbed down as other people have said). If that's enough to float your boat, ok.

But for me the rules sytem on its own doesn't guarantee fun combat, much less a fun game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Xzar Augur

Xzar
    The only way that could happen, is if we parade the devs through the corridor of shame, like Cersei Lannister. This is 20x times bigger than Mizhena, who destroyed Beamdog. We're literally in position to dictate everything to them.

^ Top  
  9. Kirkpatrick Arbiter

Kirkpatrick
    Any day now.

^ Top  
  10. Kirkpatrick Arbiter

Kirkpatrick
    DOS2 has noticeable faster animations, didn't bother me, unlike in DOS1.

^ Top  
  11. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I don't like LArian but could you imagine if was modern BioWare who made BG3? Considering the "live services" B$ that EA is into, BG3 would be another WoW clone like neverwinter mmo...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Yes, pretending 5e implementation and TB are enough to guarantee a good game is like going to buy a car and only caring about the motor while the rest of the car is made of rusty iron, aluminum wires and duct tape. Theoretically, it could still work but at some point you start questioning if dealing with all that bullshit to enjoy the good parts is really worthy of your time.

^ Top  
  13. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    But that is the question, I dont buy a game because it is isometric, TB or 5e, I buy a game because I enjoy it, if the game sucks, I really dont care if the only alternative would be AAA garbage. I dont buy games to make political statements or support abstract notions like game genres, if the game is fun, I buy it, that is it, the future of RPGs or other nonsense be damned.

Imagine you are married with a super model and she dies, then years later some necromancer dudes decide to ressurect her and wish to sell her to you again and say:
    "DeepOcean, yeah, she is a little cold, dont talk, has a strange smell and is kinda purple but she is exactly how she was on the past, true story, give us money. What is your alternative? Fucking Stacy? How are you going to find her vagina on that middle of that 200 pounds ball of fat and skin folds? You better buy our product.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Elex Arbiter

Elex
    Or Bethesda for first person BG3.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    I feel like if a game isn't worth buying it's not worth playing. If someone's financial situation isn't the greatest then I'm just an idiot but for me at least that's how I feel.

^ Top  
  16. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    There are first person D&D adaptations. Some with grid layout(eye of the beholder and dungeon hack) and some

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Fuck i am butthurt. That watcher keep level 5 party spawn is whipping my ass bloody. Fuck maybe i should try and lover the difficulty to hard or even core rules.

• decline decline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It works for Mad Max, it works for Da Orks, maybe it just works men.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeap, you really did convince me to absolutely buy it day 1 or even early access.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Mikeal Magister

Mikeal
    Is there anything worth of reading in last 150-200 pages or it is just turd-based retards vs RTWP Master Race?

• No x 10
    • Agree x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    There was the gameplay reveal of BG3, but other than that no new significant info.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Morblot Aberrant Member Patron

Morblot
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Where might that be found?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    If it's this easy to convince idiots to buy a game then it makes sense that Larian is a successful company.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    It is not even that lol,it is just a bunch of shills jerking each other off and finding a new excuses why you should ignore X flaw of the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    Show Spoiler

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.