Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 screenshots accidentally leaked, appears to be isometric and turn-based

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh and what the fuck is this thing:
17163.jpg

I hoped* BG3 has a South Korean inspired location so she could* go find a better surgeon to get that nose redone.

Edit: wrong tense, my bad.

That's how a Githyanki's nose looks like.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The dialogues are kind of strange, but D:OS in the Forgotten Realms is really the best we could hope for. It's not some third-person action abomination, but TURN-BASED and ISOMETRIC.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Those ?DIALOGS? had me all ?WHAT? at first.

Then it came to me, it might be some form of character/player creation/backstory thing...

Thoughts?

Zep--

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, well... It was to be expected.
Since Cleve finally released Grimoire:HOTWE - the pinnacle of CRPG history - things could only go downhill from there.
It'll get much, much worse.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Then it came to me, it might be some form of character/player creation/backstory thing...

Thoughts?
It was pointless in pillars and it will probably be here too. Because the only value I can see in such an auto-filling 1st person retranscription of events depends on the quality of both the writing and the story.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This looks absolutely awesome, everything I hoped for in a Larian BG3 and more!
The only concern I have is that those hit percentages seem a bit high for a D&D 5E game. Hopefully it's just because the screenshots were taken at "game journalist" difficulty setting, but Swen's "Missing doesn't work in a computer game" statement still worries me.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
d20 is gone too
?????

This looks absolutely awesome, everything I hoped for in a Larian BG3 and more!
The only concern I have is that those hit percentages seem a bit high for a D&D 5E game. Hopefully it's just because the screenshots were taken at "game journalist" difficulty setting, but Swen's "Missing doesn't work in a computer game" statement still worries me.
Against low level enemies with low AC (a zombie has AC 8), you can easily reach those hit percentages. With 18 Dexterity and +2 proficiency, you miss only on a natural 1 (or double natural 1 with advantage).

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks much more like DOS 3 than BG

Also, being turn based it cannot be a true heir to BG, but as long as the armor system is not there anymore, we will have a great rebranded DOS3 .

Last edited:

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Indeed it looks more like an Original Sin game than Baldur's Gate, and it has turn-based combat, WTF.

Which is incline, Baldur's Gate sucks. This is looking pretty good.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks quite good to be honest, but I would have been happier with an UI that harkened back to the previous BG games. Not in terms of a skeuomorphic look, just the way the elements are arranged on screen.

deuxhero

Arcane
Those ?DIALOGS? had me all ?WHAT? at first.

Thoughts?

Zep--

My first impression was the story has a framing device of charname telling someone his/her story. I'd be OK with that as long as it was consistent. I remember how Alpha Protocol or Storm of Zehir both did this and let you lie to the listener.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
what kind of percentages do you expect to see with d20?
If you take into account advantage/disadvantage, you end up with percentages that can grow in increments different from 5%.

As a practical example, with advantage, you have a 93.75% chance to roll 6 or better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom