Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 screenshots accidentally leaked, appears to be isometric and turn-based

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate 3; Larian Studios

Baldur's Gate 3 will finally be shown to the world later today at PAX East, but we won't have to wait until then to see how it looks like. The French website JeuxActu accidentally uploaded screenshots from the game to their image gallery earlier today. The screenshots were soon taken down, but it was too late.

Swen, you madman. After all this teasing, Baldur's Gate 3 an isometric turn-based RPG after all. With high fidelity cinematic dialogue sequences, of course. Maybe it'll have some sort of alternate real-time mode as well? We'll know the answers soon.

polo

Magister
I agree UI is hideous. But i wanna see it in action.

aris

Arcane
Nice, looks like dragon age. I would like it look like BG2 but I don't mind this. The use of those roof beams looks fucking interesting. Will be interesting to see if they can pull it off consistently in gameplay.

aris

Arcane
I agree about the UI, it looks terrible. It looks like the UI of NWN. I don't want that shit, I want an UI with art more like BG and icewind dale.

aris

Arcane
Good news is that the dialogue is no longer written in the second person.

The bad news is that it is written in past tense.

What the fuck Sven.
Didn't notice that. Kind of cool gimmick actually, when I think about it. Gives the impression that you're "writing" the history the main character is telling.

ChaDargo

Arcane
I really enjoy the Mass Effect-style dialogue. I can't wait to be dragged back and forth between one mode of the game to another to listen to Shakespearean-level dialogue and to make extremely crucial decisions about the future of some NPC's general attitude towards my character.

ChaDargo

Arcane
Oh and what the fuck is this thing:
17163.jpg

I hoped* BG3 had a South Korean inspired location so she could* go find a better surgeon to get that nose redone.

Edit: wrong tense, my bad.

Dr Schultz

Augur
Can't say I'm surprised. Let's see if I'm also pleased by the actual gameplay.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom