Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Generic-Giant-Spider

Elex

Arbiter
Did S0rcererV1ct0r made that thread?. Writing style is very similar at least.
I doubt there will be cool down on spells or abilities. At most, if short rest aren't there, then maybe some skills or spells may have out of combat cool downs to compensate or as someone has said, probably limited uses per combat. Perhaps Larian wanted to avoid the players spamming short rest too much after every fight, which would be a stark contrast to D:OS 2 auto heal and easy rest. Also maybe they were worried that it would somehow affect the "flow" of the game if players rested after each fight.

Is there any info about how long rests are going to work? I really hope they do not let us just rest without consequences, it would defy the purpose of the mechanic if it were like that. Either limiting when to rest or some kind of time limit should help to encourage the players to manage their resources instead of relaying on resting.
or is simply the fact that you can't cast that spell with a bonus action

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I doubt there will be cool down on spells or abilities. At most, if short rest aren't there, then maybe some skills or spells may have out of combat cool downs to compensate or as someone has said, probably limited uses per combat. Perhaps Larian wanted to avoid the players spamming short rest too much after every fight, which would be a stark contrast to D:OS 2 auto heal and easy rest. Also maybe they were worried that it would somehow affect the "flow" of the game if players rested after each fight.

Is there any info about how long rests are going to work? I really hope they do not let us just rest without consequences, it would defy the purpose of the mechanic if it were like that. Either limiting when to rest or some kind of time limit should help to encourage the players to manage their resources instead of relaying on resting.

Yes. Was me.

For short rest, IMO limit 3 short rests per long rest and GG. But classes like WLK needs short rest to be viable. Unless you wanna half of wizard power and then a endless eldritch blast spam...

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
322510b46a4ef722ea2bffbbba617703_preview_featured.jpg

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Infinitron moves away the discussion about Islamic influences on game's lead designer in apparent attempt to hide it from the eyes of unregistered users on Codex

What is this about?
Sister/wife of the lead designer is a Islamic Studies major in London. Unsurprisingly, the lead designer says the design of Baldur's Gate is "outdated".
Is it just two people that aren't married or siblings with the same last name? Because that happens sometimes.

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
Infinitron moves away the discussion about Islamic influences on game's lead designer in apparent attempt to hide it from the eyes of unregistered users on Codex

What is this about?
Sister/wife of the lead designer is a Islamic Studies major in London. Unsurprisingly, the lead designer says the design of Baldur's Gate is "outdated".
Is it just two people that aren't married or siblings with the same last name? Because that happens sometimes.
You'll have to check with the original person who made the claim. I've seen enough coincidences of this case to be less lenient on exceptions.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Gamers, of the tabletop or video variety, didn't used to be such titanic pussoise. But then again, nobody was. It has gotten worse everywhere.

there are former ice hockey fighters going around complaining about toxic masculinity on twitter as a full time job now

Last edited:

Anonona

Learned
Yes. Was me.

For short rest, IMO limit 3 short rests per long rest and GG. But classes like WLK needs short rest to be viable. Unless you wanna half of wizard power and then a endless eldritch blast spam...

Wasn't it confirmed that there wouldn't be short rest? Regardless, I really doubt they would implement Warlock and not have some mechanic in place for them to recharge their spells. Still limiting it as you say doesn't sound bad to me. Perhaps they also can adjust it depending on the difficulty, so Easy have unlimited rest, Normal have 5 short rest per long rest and Hard 3 per long rest. That way they could keep the casual audience happy while still allowing a decent amount of difficulty.

Seems the more likely to me. The twitter account that posted that did so without providing any kind of source or proof beyond them sharing last name. Not saying they aren't related, but I think there is just not enough proof.

Xzar

Augur
BG fandom's highest chain of command has succesfully assembled and functioning.
Operation ''Eye of Cyric" has begun, the spies among the enemy decision makers are being successfully planted.
Anyone willing to join the resistance and repel the invaders are welcome to DM me their preferred messengers.
It is imperative that BG fans remain vigilant to the disinformation and demoralization techniques of DOSlims.
They may have the numbers, but we have tactical and ideological advantage.
Truth will win.

Saravan

Savant
Operation ''Eye of Cyric" has begun, the spies among the enemy decision makers are being successfully planted.
Anyone willing to join the resistance and repel the invaders are welcome to DM me their preferred messengers.
It is imperative that BG fans remain vigilant to the disinformation and demoralization techniques of DOSlims.
Truth will win.

Cringe.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Truth will win.

We must rout the casual Larian scum where ever they may stand. No longer will we be treated as second class citizens in a series that we have dedicated 20 years to. No longer will we have to explain our selves to the Larian fanboys. No longer will we sit aside while our beloved series is tainted with filth. We shall work in the shadows today so that tomorrow we can walk in the sun. The glorious sun, side by side with our beloved Baldur's Gate. Happy in our pride, integrity, passion, and knowledge that that which we covet is known to all as a superior product than that of larian's. They speak ill of that which raises them upon its shoulder. That which influenced the petty games which they play. That which glows as a shining example of what the series should be. A standard. The Golden standard to which all RPGs should strive for. We shall inform them of their wrong doings, and if they can not be convinced they will be shunned on the day we stand above.

Prepare for the refugees when bg3 falls. On that day we will give no quarter. Let any man or women make their choice now and prosper or fall on the day that is to come.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I probably played BG2 once every year or so through the rpg dark ages
I think I stopped playing it like 5, maybe 4 years ago. But before that, I used to play it about 6 months a year - constantly. Went through all the classes. Went through most combinations of companions in a party.

Not sure if the BG games are the best, but they're definitely the ones I've played the most.

Hard standard to match.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom