Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
My major disappointment is the lv cap = 10 and seem that only GOO and fiend pacts will exists for warlocks.

What? Tell me you are lying, I want to play Archfey patrons FFs. Fey and the Feywilds are my favourite parts of forgotten realms and a huge reason I dug Kingmaker so much. What a huge disappointment.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My major disappointment is the lv cap = 10 and seem that only GOO and fiend pacts will exists for warlocks.

What? Tell me you are lying, I want to play Archfey patrons FFs. Fey and the Feywilds are my favourite parts of forgotten realms and a huge reason I dug Kingmaker so much. What a huge disappointment.

IDK if is only Early Access only or not. Nor an sure about that information. I wanna make a Lurker of the Deep warlock. But archfey seems cool too.

Why Lurker? I love cold based spells and as i've said many times, the main point of warlocks is to throw tentacles on succubus. Lurker has both.

User0001

Savant

Has it been stated anywhere that there will for a certainty be level 10 cap as opposed to a level 1 to 10 module? The difference would be that level 10 is the expected level at the end of the game, but higher levels are attainable if played with - for example - smaller parties.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They said the level cap is 10. They haven't said they are limiting potential pacts for warlocks though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Has it been stated anywhere that there will for a certainty be level 10 cap as opposed to a level 1 to 10 module? The difference would be that level 10 is the expected level at the end of the game, but higher levels are attainable if played with - for example - smaller parties.
As far as I know, they never said anything about giving only two pact choices to the Warlock. They just said that the early access is going to have only two pacts, but the early access is going to have only two specialization schools for the Wizard as well, so it's very likely that the full game will include more archetypes.

Cnaiur

Augur
Does anyone of you esteemed gentlemen know anything about improved itemization in BG3 vs. Larian's previous games? A level 10 cap surely means there's room for items that are useful for more than 12 minutes?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Does anyone of you esteemed gentlemen know anything about improved itemization in BG3 vs. Larian's previous games? A level 10 cap surely means there's room for items that are useful for more than 12 minutes?
5E approach to magic items is very conservative. Almost every item that is useful at level 1 is also useful at level 20. Magic items very rarely give numeric bonuses and these bonuses usually go from +1 to +3.

Dodo1610

Arcane
They said the level cap is 10.

Sorry for my laziness, was it in the Reddit AMA?
Can you say anything about the level cap?

NickP: We’re planning to cover levels 1 through 10 in full releas

and about Loot
Can you tell us anything about itemization? Will magical items be scarce, or will there be a lot to find?

NickP: Not like in Original Sin. BG is a different type of game when it comes to loot and item fever. We still want to make treasure exciting, though, and that means a lot of manual work.Treasure has to make sense in the context, and that means hand-placing and hand-creating it. There will be equipment with magical bonuses, but not many - they’ll feel special, and they'll be tailor made.
https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/fhq9cq/compiled_baldurs_gate_ama_20200313/

User0001

Savant

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

I checked and they already confirmed that they plan to include all PHB classes and archetypes:

Will all 5e Classes be available at launch?

NickP: Yes, all classes from 5e Player’s Handbook will be included at launch. In Early Access you’ll be able to play as a Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock or Wizard.

Does that include paths, subclasses, etc?

NickP: Yep.
This should mean that all Warlock pacts will be in the full version of BG3.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I checked and they already confirmed that they plan to include all PHB classes and archetypes:

What about UA? I really wanna a Lurker WLK.

Do you even know what Unearthed Arcana is?
This Is Playtest Content The material in this article is presented for playtesting and to spark your imagination. These game mechanics are in draft form, usable in your campaign but not refined by final game design and editing.They aren’t officially part of the game and aren’t permitted in D&D Adventurers League events.If we decide to make this material official, it will be refined based on your feedback, and then it will appear in a D&D book
Why should Larian put unfinished stuff into their game?

Lacrymas

Arcane
They've said they are going to include everything related to classes from the Player's Handbook, not other material, official or not

Dodo1610

Arcane
They've said they are going to include everything related to classes from the Player's Handbook, not other material, official or not

Nope
There have been hints of other 5e sources being implemented into the game. Are you going to include material from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and/or other player materials outside of the core material of the 5e Player's Handbook? Additionally, at full release, will all content of the PHB be represented (notably, (sub)classes and (sub)races)?

Swen: HB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too.

Elex

Arbiter
They already include more stuff than the PHB gith are not PHB, vampire spawn is pure homebrew.

also i guess that certain subclass too hard to put in a videogame will be cut.

Instead xanatar’s book stuff is a potential treasure trove for DLC/expansion.

Elex

Arbiter
Major disappointment today when I found out that Solasta does not launch with all classes as well. Multiclassing gets more fun with more base classes since your options raise exponentially.
At least BG 3 plans to have all of them eventually, while Solasta looks like they will quit the project if they do not get the mainstream success they want.

I just want to play a Monk/Druid goddamnit
Solasta is just a campaign where the DM homebrewed the entire setting and even homebrewed the subclasses and his setting don’t have all the classes for lore reason.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Major disappointment today when I found out that Solasta does not launch with all classes as well. Multiclassing gets more fun with more base classes since your options raise exponentially.
At least BG 3 plans to have all of them eventually, while Solasta looks like they will quit the project if they do not get the mainstream success they want.

I just want to play a Monk/Druid goddamnit
Solasta is just a campaign where the DM homebrewed the entire setting and even homebrewed the subclasses and his setting don’t have all the classes for lore reason.

In other words: An awfull excuse for DnD since half of the shit is unbalanced af and the DM barely understands why the rules were the default way in the first place. That thread harpooned my expectations hard.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Solasta's combat is fine, even if I found the Cleric subclass overpowered. The problem is their lack of priorities like we discussed in that thread. Don't get me wrong, you can still make a great campaign with Solasta's fundemantals, you could do much worse than 5E combat and 6 classes, but whether they can pull that off remains to be seen. The same goes for BG3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom