Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

Lilliput McHammersmith

TB is like a RTWP for lazy people. It has a smart AI that decides when to do autopause.
Haha what?? Are you actually retarded?

RTwP was invented as a way to "cash in" on the Real-Time mania sweeping the industry at the time. Diablo and Starcraft were insanely popular and profitable, so Baldur's Gate had a new style of combat that was meant to imitate those titles while also retaining the complexity of turn-based combat.

I like RTwP but it is not the non-lazy version of TB.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
TB is like a RTWP for lazy people
Kek

In TB you manually do every action: each attack, for each target, each time. Some faggots say that it's tedious. Nonsense! I'm all for control!

In RTwP such actions are usually automated - click on opponent and watch your char whack him down. Or, with auto attack, you don't even have to do that. Your glorious RTwP flagship Baldur's Gate has "AI on" option for the laziest ones. If your party is definitely stronger than the opponent you could just sit back and wait for the combat to end. Who's lazy here, eh?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
It is just that turn based games are slower, more suitable to grandmas to play.
TB games give you complete control. All movement, reloads, attacks. You spend all your AP manually, you end turn manually if you have spare.
In RTwP you click on enemy, your char starts bashing, you move your hands under the table, unzip your fly... you know the drill, mate.

Psquit

Arcane
All that doesn't make TB games good. It's part of the list but that's the standard for your average TB game, there are more shitty Tb games than RTwP.

Lilliput McHammersmith

All that doesn't make TB games good. It's part of the list but that's the standard for your average TB game, there are more shitty Tb games than RTwP.
Perhaps, but TB is a massive genre that exists outside of D&D/d20/OGL whereas RTwP really only exists in this narrow space. As noted in a previous post, nearly all D&D-inspired (or officially licensed D&D) RPGs have been RTwP for the past two decades with notable exceptions being ToEE and KOTC. Wasteland 2 and D:OS certainly take cues from D&D but they're not quite as heavily inspired by it as Pillars/d20/OGL

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
People that liked turnbased should be thrown in the oven where they belong. RTwP all the fucking way.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
People that liked turnbased should be thrown in the oven where they belong. RTwP all the fucking way.

Dumbfuck!
That's what your cucked, Chris Priestly mods think when I exposed them. You sound just as brainless as them. Good to know, Cuckdexer.
You sound like a retard
I'm not the one quoting your retarded mods. Here is your shoe-shine box for participating, faggot.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Dumbfuck!
That's what your cucked, Chris Priestly mods think when I exposed them. You sound just as brainless as them. Good to know, Cuckdexer.
You sound like a retard
I'm not the one quoting your retarded mods. Here is your shoe-shine box for participating, faggot.
Haha don't you have some wrists to cut or something?

Also LOL @ TemplarGR for rating me as sheeple. Are you still butthurt that they rated you as a Bethestard?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Do you notice that all people who prefer RTwP here have dumbuck tags? I see a correlation!
Yeah. The correlation is that Infinitron is a Larian cultist who couldn't be more bias. Giving tags to undermine rtwp fans. Why don't you look at what people are saying rather than dismissing them based on a tag. Thought this was suppose to be a bastion of free speech but all that's thrown out the window when you start judging people's comments based on their account before you've even read the words

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom