Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ban transparency

Ehrenmann

Since codex staff have decided to become professional executioners, can bans be somewhat transparent? It fuels the paranoia a great deal when you can't discern a perma ban from a two day ban.

This is all a humble request of course. Please don't ban me.

Semiurge

Cipher
Since codex staff have decided to become professional executioners, can bans be somewhat transparent? It fuels the paranoia a great deal when you can't discern a perma ban from a two day ban.

They will only ban if it's funny, and banning long-standing edgelords is funny. Banning generic newfags like ourselves is not funny, so we're safe. Besides, your avatar is Peter Weller.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I don't think ban transparency is a good idea at all. Admins/mods are much more open here about bannings than they should be. We need reasonable and consistently applied rules and a formal warning system so that it's on you if you get banned. The only person who is entitled to transparency when they are banned is the banned person.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Alt account transparency when?

Ehrenmann

Baseless accusations of being an alt and ban evading. :P

That being said, I was banned on many forums and they always showed reason and ban length. Only on Codex you are left to guess if it's a 5 minute or permanent ban.

Vatnik Wumao
And I thought you wanted to ban transparency on the codex.
iu

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
As a recent ban survivor all I can say is the functionality is pretty fucking shit when you're banned. Can't even log out normally.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What we need is a list of all the new alts to know who is who:

Non-Edgy = Lambchop
Techno Union = Liberal
Ehrenmann = Sweeper

Still not sure about that Alt Panda, he sounds way too sane to be the actual Red Panda.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Non-Edgy = Lambchop
Techno Union = Liberal
Ehrenmann = Sweeper

Still not sure about that Alt Panda, he sounds way too sane to be the actual Red Panda.
I wouldn't exactly call Non Edgy Gamer a new alt, he's been there since last year. Though thanks for Sweeper, I didn't know

Ehrenmann

Non-Edgy = Lambchop
Techno Union = Liberal
Ehrenmann = Sweeper

I wouldn't exactly call Non Edgy Gamer a new alt, he's been there since last year. Though thanks for Sweeper, I didn't know
:shredder:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What benefits would someone get for pretending to be Red Panda?

You tell me. Why did you choose this name shortly after Red Panda was banned?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom