Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Based Ernie Gygax talks nuTSR

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have long concluded that Rob was a flake and a cheat - he was the original master of cutting and running with development funds, way before KS was a thing - but damn if this does not paint him as the most principled of the bunch. What a time to be alive.

Is nuSR the first company to get banned from GenCon before they even put out a product?

Trithne

Erudite
I just found the profile of gen con's community manager:
unknown.jpeg

They willingly hired this.

Bara

Arcane
Welp apparently the person running the show at the new company, which is some guy called Justin LaNasa, just threatened a facebook group that banned discussion of the new TSR company with a lawsuit for it and demanded they then remove TSR from their face group name and banner.

Also according to a Captcorajus

These guys aren't going to be creating anything. Their schtick is to contact existing creators, and offer the opportunity to put the trademark on their already existing product for a premium. I've seen the IMs/ emails. They got nothing, and over the last few days they've managed to turn themselves into a dumpster fire. Attacking Luke Gygax, threatening FB groups with lawsuits that have TSR in their name, and more. Nothing more will be coming from this channel on them.

Apparently Jim Ward maker of giantlands isn't even really on board either? Looking at this stuff I think Ernie got suckered into this big time.

So if that's all true I can't exactly feel bad for all this negative attention this TSR is getting. Only thing I'm some what concerned about is Ernie and Luke's relationship after this because having a brother its sad to see brothers fight.

But that seems fine in that regard at least

The Sophomoric post in refrence

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Reading about (((western]]] entertainment on Codex is far more fun and entertaining than actual (((western]]] entertainment is, also agree that 20 years for intellectual property protection is enough to recoup all costs and gives you and your family enough Shekels after creator dies, seventy years is just too long, on the other hand all best things were created before 1951 A.D. anyways.

Bara

Arcane
I have long concluded that Rob was a flake and a cheat - he was the original master of cutting and running with development funds, way before KS was a thing - but damn if this does not paint him as the most principled of the bunch. What a time to be alive.

You can disregard that some now he's talking about Ernie like he's lost and only he can save himself. And that he and the other members of the Gygax family are considering a statement amongst the many other ones already made.

The more I've delved into saving, however, I have learned that, well, people cannot be saved by others, only by themselves. It marks a very sad epitaph.

WotC should do absolutely nothing. TSR is being purposefully antagonistic and controversial to draw attention to themselves, much in the same way the RPG Pundit does. Except they have a "name" figure from the past who is being promised lots of pie in the sky dreams by their money man, J-Nasty. Give them no air time and less internet time and watch them die on the vine. Right now they have a small noxious brew that they hope turns into a larger noxious stew through their obnoxious manipulations; instead let them boil themselves down in the mess they created and we can chalk this up to a failed push for money. I am convinced after several phone calls today, one with Luke Gygax, that Ernie is being manipulated. In fact I am assured that he is lost in this shuffle of doom he's attached himself to. Luke, the Gygax family and myself are consdiering a public announcement. More on this later.

Ill not speak for Ernie nor do I see associations with extremist hate groups. I do see Ernie associating with a bad actor who is following VV, and I have informed Ernie about this as he espouses Christian principals still. Listen, if his worldview has changed it changed overnight, his family, myself included, had no signal of this. So, my best take. There is something influencing his indifference to the conflict he's caused and allowing him to ignore many bad situations he's created and/or added to. The lure of money, power, position as posited by this Justin fellow. That's all I will say for now; the family and myself, as noted upthread, are considering a public statement. NOTE: This influence, and I believe that is what it is, is not an attempt to cover for Ernie's flagrant abuses as known or to erase other personal matters not known to the public. This is a hard issue to face, betrayal, broken trust, aberrant behavior and lack of regard and decency for others known and unknown, near and far. This has caught the family and myself and other close friends flatfooted and we are assessing the situation and how best to deal with it.

Kinda disappointed with how some of these old vets are going with this. Like sure if you disagree with what he said call him out on it and disassociate yourself from the company or whatever.

But they repeated statement after statement and being so angry over this... betrayal? I mean really? I wonder if this is really just that they feel so strongly on the subject or got to make sure people don't pull out of Gary Con.

Ah well this I think will be the last I get into this barring any responses to what I said. I've wasted enough time on this drama and need to start putting together the map for my next game.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I could give a fuck about the politics of the whole thing, it's Ernie's track record of bullshit, mismanagement and deflection of prior responsibilities that make this whole thing feel like a con-job - stir up some controversy on the internet to get some publicity, get a bunch of saps to back you based on some culture war angle, then take their money and deliver fuck all. What has Ernie Gygax ever written? Aside from Jim Ward (who appears to have written Giant Lands a few years ago and needed a publisher), what have these other partners done? They're trading on dead man's name and a dead brand. TSR died decades ago, it ain't coming back, even before they decided to cross the woke mafia.

A horse of course

I could give a fuck about the politics of the whole thing, it's Ernie's track record of bullshit, mismanagement and deflection of prior responsibilities that make this whole thing feel like a con-job - stir up some controversy on the internet to get some publicity, get a bunch of saps to back you based on some culture war angle, then take their money and deliver fuck all. What has Ernie Gygax ever written? Aside from Jim Ward (who appears to have written Giant Lands a few years ago and needed a publisher), what have these other partners done? They're trading on dead man's name and a dead brand. TSR died decades ago, it ain't coming back, even before they decided to cross the woke mafia.

I seriously doubt Ernie Gygax was shrewd enough to know that merely mentioning gender identity would cause a psychopathic campaign to destroy him, and everyone associated with him who didn't immediately throw themselves to the ground and start licking tranny boot. At worst, they picked up on what was happened afterwards and tried the "escapism" angle that merely enraged the mob even further.

Oberon

Learned
When a quick bloody google search I was able to find the character sheets for the game and they don't even use the term race but instead species.

Species: Black

Sounds pretty based to me :incline::cool:
:discohitler::discohitler::discohitler:

Bara

Arcane
Okay had to include this one after being shown it. If you want a laugh at how quickly a person go 180 on a opinion look no further than Rob Kuntz posts on EN world.

That is what I was trying to get across by dissecting his non-apology, which he told me "was an apology". This is what he believes. It is not what I believe. In addition, there is this: If "anyone is welcome to play" (which would imply a "person") then why is not that person who you insult not a person for apology reasons?? Person inside Dungeon Hobby Shop, non-person outside!! Insane and I told him so! He wields his "Christian teachings," as a shield from responsible behavior in the wash of it all. He is not even embracing that, he is wrong to judge by his own Faith, but there it is, along with insulting, demeaning and hiding from the truth. He has fallen in so many ways I cannot count! It's like the confused shell of a person I used to know who wouldn't say anything bad to anyone and do anything to anyone. It's grossly disappointing and the family is ashamed

Like he's spent every day on EN world so far rage posting messages like that. So much for mob anger being bad and everyone just wanting a pound of flesh rather than a apology.

Also while I'm back in this thread Ernie's deleated his twitter account and posters on the EN world are coping so hard I can only call it infantile. They keep bringing up other OSR designers or TSR vets to declare that their "good people" or a "good bean" that are no way like newTSR and have the right political views.

Like I legit wonder if anyone really wants Ernie to be "redeemed" because attacking someone right after you fail to convince them they are wrong will never work. Changing a mind if you even can takes time.

Bara

Arcane
It is something to behold. I have never thought I would see people I knew for 15-20 years and occasionally considered friends being reduced to a vicious mob. Fuck.

Well ultimatley its their loss to waste the time they have on earth trying to use hate as a weapon against what they view as hate.

Real test will be seeing how they behave after they get over just being angry, if they can even let the anger go is a question though.

I just hope they can reach a point where they understand this is stupid and there is value in putting aside diffrences to find the middle ground and then from there you can convince someone to have a diffrent opinion if you treat each other with respect.

But for friends in situations like these its up to them to to get it as trying to force their opinions to change or responding back in anger is no better than how their currently acting. If we can remain friends while disagreing great, if we can't so be it.

Too many people are focused on trying to control other peoples thoughts or words rather than focusing on creating mutual respect and using it as a spring board.

A horse of course

Okay had to include this one after being shown it. If you want a laugh at how quickly a person go 180 on a opinion look no further than Rob Kuntz posts on EN world.

That is what I was trying to get across by dissecting his non-apology, which he told me "was an apology". This is what he believes. It is not what I believe. In addition, there is this: If "anyone is welcome to play" (which would imply a "person") then why is not that person who you insult not a person for apology reasons?? Person inside Dungeon Hobby Shop, non-person outside!! Insane and I told him so! He wields his "Christian teachings," as a shield from responsible behavior in the wash of it all. He is not even embracing that, he is wrong to judge by his own Faith, but there it is, along with insulting, demeaning and hiding from the truth. He has fallen in so many ways I cannot count! It's like the confused shell of a person I used to know who wouldn't say anything bad to anyone and do anything to anyone. It's grossly disappointing and the family is ashamed

Like he's spent every day on EN world so far rage posting messages like that. So much for mob anger being bad and everyone just wanting a pound of flesh rather than a apology.

Also while I'm back in this thread Ernie's deleated his twitter account and posters on the EN world are coping so hard I can only call it infantile. They keep bringing up other OSR designers or TSR vets to declare that their "good people" or a "good bean" that are no way like newTSR and have the right political views.

Like I legit wonder if anyone really wants Ernie to be "redeemed" because attacking someone right after you fail to convince them they are wrong will never work. Changing a mind if you even can takes time.

What a piece of fucking shit.

Stella Brando

Arcane
I expected the SJWs to sound like witch-hunters. They actually sound more like church-folk fretting over an addict or drunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom