Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Jick_Magger_101 said:
I myself wouldn't mind a World War II Inglourious Basterds-esque Captain America game.
Twould be pretty neat.
Making the Cap anything except a boy scout would be retarded. Straying far too much from the core of his character in the name of teh edgy.

Note that this does not apply to American soldiers serving in the war or his enemies. But Cap himself is supposed to be an ideal.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Jick_Magger_101 said:
I myself wouldn't mind a World War II Inglourious Basterds-esque Captain America game.
Twould be pretty neat.
Making the Cap anything except a boy scout would be retarded. Straying far too much from the core of his character in the name of teh edgy.

Note that this does not apply to American soldiers serving in the war or his enemies. But Cap himself is supposed to be an ideal.
I was thinking more along the lines of the Ultimates version of Captain America.
I meant more in the line of a classic 1940's WWII film mixed with a bit of grindhouse and just a pinch of grim and gritty for the Nazis.
Could be Captain America, Bucky and his band of merry men are dropped deep behind enemy lines in order to find out about some Nazi super weapon or another.
Lots of beating up Nazis in the name of America, hijacking and blowing up cargo trains, bonus 'punch hitler in the face' minigame, Possibly even with an appearance from Nick Fury.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Jick_Magger_101 said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Jick_Magger_101 said:
Twould be pretty neat.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Ultimates version of Captain America.
I meant more in the line of a classic 1940's WWII film mixed with a bit of grindhouse and just a pinch of grim and gritty for the Nazis.
Could be Captain America, Bucky and his band of merry men are dropped deep behind enemy lines in order to find out about some Nazi super weapon or another.
Lots of beating up Nazis in the name of America, hijacking and blowing up cargo trains, bonus 'punch hitler in the face' minigame, Possibly even with an appearance from Nick Fury.

There's Red Skull already.

And Hydra for modern times. Shield mechanics should be interesting to deflect bullets n boomerang.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The level design looks great, and if there are helicopters patrolling it'll add something to the routine.

Still, looks like my state playing this will be more of the same:

Shouting I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN over and over again.

Eyeball

Arcane
Looks like it could be more free-roamy than Asylum. Since AA was easily the most badass game released in 2009, I have high hopes for AC, especially as it looks potentially more GRIMDARK! And the fantabulous simple-and-stupid but unbelievably FUN kung-fu action aspect looks like it has been preserved. Yahtzee said it best: "Press X to KICK ASS!"

Catwoman is a minus. Never liked her.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
After rather liking the demo back in 2009, I finally decided to buy the full game (since it was available for $10) and am currently having a blast playing it.

Ok, to be honest, the beginning was mediocre with the long-ass pseudo-interactive cutscene at the start - like in virtually every nextgen game there is - linear corridoor gameplay and scripted events, but with better voice acting (love these guys, as they remind me of my childhood). I was a bit disappointed.

But the moment I reached the first Riddler part and got outside Arkham Asylum I was immediately hooked. Running around (semi-)open environment, looking for collectibles and solving riddles with growing gadget/power arsenal? This is the game I was looking for since Psychonauts!
Granted, the writing is slightly worse and the lulzy mood of Psychoanuts was more to my liking - not that I dislike the grimdark Batman incarnation, it's great too - but this is the best action-adventure I've played in a long while.

And the best thing is, the (more open!) sequel is just around the corner. I only hope it's not hit by the :decline: trend.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Morgoth said:
What am I reading here? Codexians fapping over some console shitfest?

How very :decline:

It's good for what it is :pete:

And leaps and bounds beyond the shitfest that was 2Witcher

Ulminati said:
And leaps and bounds beyond the shitfest that was 2Witcher

Definitely a better game. What sequel needs to remove though is those parts where Batman holds his hand to his ear and walks slowly. Grrrr... I prefer less innovation.

Deleted member 7219

As soon as I saw that Catwoman fight I stopped the video, went to Play.com and pre-ordered.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
^JC Christ! I would shoot that cocksucker in the face this instant if I could.

Game looks retarded. Enemies stand around while the Bedman pummels dem. Comic book characters... God of War shit. GOTY!!! CANT WAIT!!!

Eyeball

Arcane
Like the first game, it looks too easy banalshitboringdeclineskyway

...wait a minute, is that a fifteen inch raging hardon I'm sporting? Why, yes it is, because this game looks like an awesome kung-fu orgasm in digital form, now with even more freeroaming fun treasurehunting than the first game.

Fighting mechanics may be little more than "click mouse to KICK ASS!", but so fucking what? Arkham Asylum was tons of fun and this looks like it may be even better, except for the unfortunate inclusion of Catwoman, who has a habit of turning everything pretty lame.

Bitcher

Educated
Will you be able to gag this latex bitch or something? Every sentence she utters is just so full of derp...
Also looks like the combat hasn't been made any more complex, oh well. Maybe I'll try but I'm not sure yet. The first one was fun for a while but eventually got boring and the plot was dumb and uninspired. If there won't be any noticeable improvement in the gameplay then I guess I'm out.

I'm not really excited about Catwoman, but I'm pretty sure I'll have tons of fun with this. As will other people who liked the first one. The rest of you can continue being miserable.

Vibalist

Arcane
I'm not too big on Catwoman either. On the other hand it's awesome that Alfred is in it.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Why the hell does everyone attack one by one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom