Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I admire people with principles. However, yours are against the principles of BB ironman. You want to eat a hamburger and at the same time remain 100% vegetarian. Can't be done, sorry.
They make soy meat hamburger nowadays though.

I know, it's disgusting, but it's a thing.

Luka-boy

Arcane
0kwihvvj9um81.jpg
Perfection.
:liberals:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
So unhold mutagen:

Regenerates 10 hitpoints every turn

Really damn powerful. You can make a very hard to kill nimble tank with this.

OP as fuck.

I wonder what would bigger boys like Lindwurm and The Conqueror give. And if champions give a different buff from regular troop.

I'm still on my oathtaker run but thinking about starting anatomist's just out of curiosity.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Is there any effective way to deal with stacks of 5+ wurms?
Besides hiding behind allied army/mercenary units.

Depending on the terrain, it's possible.

I remember doing it with a "small" party of 12/14 once against 5/6 lindwurms in a forest map.
Well, my main character was a Berserker (nimble + nudist = Nimble²) and tanked 2 of them while the rest of the brutes were killing lindwurms one by one and the archers were playing hide and seek with the rest.

The Berserker almost died, finally killed one when the troop came to his rescue and i had to rotate extract him.
Good thing he survived since he was the main character.

I just found out this mod.
Enjoy the Dark side!

495-1644864501.jpg

The Red Court

You play as Necrosavants.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Depending on the terrain, it's possible.

I remember doing it with a "small" party of 12/14 once against 5/6 lindwurms in a forest map.
Well, my main character was a Berserker (nimble + nudist = Nimble²) and tanked 2 of them while the rest of the brutes were killing lindwurms one by one and the archers were playing hide and seek with the rest.

The Berserker almost died, finally killed one when the troop came to his rescue and i had to rotate extract him.
Good thing he survived since he was the main character.
Miracles do happen, but those things still can 2 shot superheroes.
And I think recent patch gave tail attack more range.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Miracles do happen, but those things still can 2 shot superheroes.
And I think recent patch gave tail attack more range.

Yeah, it was a long time ago, I think the AI was improved since then or maybe only Legends AI, I don't know but it has improved.
It used to be easy to split unhold groups and make half of them run after a naked recruit or an archer but not anymore.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Acid blood for that colonial marine feel. I hate lindwürms.

What happens if you get them stuck on 2-3 dedicated tanks then kill with reach weapons and ranged?
Less reliable now when tails too seem to have attack with 2 hex range.
True but it's still doable.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
It's still doable with only 5.

It gets harder in a non-linear way as the numbers go up, you have trouble locking down all of them with tanks and you have trouble relieving tanks that get into trouble. If they focus on a non tank he can die really quick.

4-5 isn't too bad with good gear and playing peasant militia, but once they scaled beyond that I started avoiding them as it seemed like the risk outweighed the reward.

I'd be curious to see someone who plays into the late game fight 8 of them.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I agree with you, even with the numbers (4 is the most wurms that i want to see at the same time) but that's on ironman. However if you remove risk from the equation, you can probably do more. Maybe even 8 you mentioned. Without losing half of you bros. But i'm just theorising here. I don't intend to find out - unless at the end of a campaign maybe.

oasis789

Arcane
sser sure had a lot of fun with the anatomist dialogues

also the gravedigger comic was pretty good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom