Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

tindrli

Arcane
Anyone else had game freezes when enemies retreat?
no. but to be honest never had an retreating enemy.. only once, one barbarian escaped. no freezers

other thing. What perks do you people use apart from Colossus, quick hands and rotation in early and middle game?

Murk

Arcane
Has anyone faced an issue with tools, medication and food just plain disappearing from the inventory, visually at least - while the upper-left corner indicators still remain unchanged in value? It isn't a case of an accidentally toggled on item filter in the inventory.

That's not an error, that's just how it works.

When you get those consumables, they are put into your "stock" (the numbers on the top) and no longer take up inventory space. The only time you see them is while in town and after a fight, as once you enter the world map they get moved from your stash to your "consumable fill" (for lack of a better term).

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone faced an issue with tools, medication and food just plain disappearing from the inventory, visually at least - while the upper-left corner indicators still remain unchanged in value? It isn't a case of an accidentally toggled on item filter in the inventory.

When you get those consumables, they are put into your "stock" (the numbers on the top) and no longer take up inventory space. The only time you see them is while in town and after a fight, as once you enter the world map they get moved from your stash to your "consumable fill" (for lack of a better term).

He's saying that the numbers dont change. The explanation for that is you're probably at your maximum carrying capacity for whatever it is; if you want to carry more tools or whatever you need to hire the appropriate retinue guy.

Master Librarian

Educated

Kind of weird, because I don't see the consumables in the town screen either. That's what puzzled me initially - when I attempted to sell some excess for the cash I needed, I discovered I couldn't because the only time I'd see the consumables was right after buying them. I've noticed they tend to disappear again right after the next battle, although like I've said, the numbers don't act as if the goods disappeared.

oscar

Arcane
Gladiators start is a lot of fun. You start out with three badasses with great equipment but need to start making money fast to keep up with their opulent wages.

Murk

Arcane

Kind of weird, because I don't see the consumables in the town screen either. That's what puzzled me initially - when I attempted to sell some excess for the cash I needed, I discovered I couldn't because the only time I'd see the consumables was right after buying them. I've noticed they tend to disappear again right after the next battle, although like I've said, the numbers don't act as if the goods disappeared.

It's when you first get them in your inventory upon buying; once you leave that screen they should go to your top counters. Are you saying yours never go to the top counters?

IE if you're at 100 tools and you buy a set of 20, does it not change to 120 when you're back on the world map? (assuming you're not maxed out).

Master Librarian

Educated
It's when you first get them in your inventory upon buying; once you leave that screen they should go to your top counters. Are you saying yours never go to the top counters?

IE if you're at 100 tools and you buy a set of 20, does it not change to 120 when you're back on the world map? (assuming you're not maxed out).
Here's what happens, I'll try to be detailed this time around, sorry.
1. I buy the consumables.
2. I can see them in my inventory after leaving both the town and/or merchant screens.
3. The counters in top left are updated accordingly.
4. I enter a battle - finish it - and I can't see the consumables in the inventory from that point on, although the counter values remain and are updated accordingly if I go and buy some more consumables.

If it's a design choice, it's certainly a pretty weird one to be honest. Why would there be an inventory depiction of the items I can work with after buying them, but not after I'm done with the battle.

Harthwain

Magister
If it's a design choice, it's certainly a pretty weird one to be honest. Why would there be an inventory depiction of the items I can work with after buying them, but not after I'm done with the battle.
It's done that way so you can't go over your total limit (there is max carry capacity for projectiles, medicine and tools). Also, the reason you can "work with them" when buying and looting is precisely so you can take them and replenish your stockpile.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*gets killed by webknecht swarm in the arena again*

FUCK THIS GAME

Also, in the future I am always bringing fire bombs and will just light the little bastards up.

I also hate ghosts and necromancers.

Polanski

Scholar
So if I only have the base game and have played around 200 hours, which dlcs would you recommend buying for starting a new playthrough? Any good mods as well?

Tigranes

Arcane
Webknechts used to be basically the easiest thing around, but yeah, I have to be careful about them now.

The Samnites are doing alright, but really hurting for cashflow on a rugged map. Every contract earns barely enough to pay wages so you're always working overtime to catch up in episode of Capitalism 101

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I started a new run and this time I built the viper guy right(had fucked up his build on my last run), probably the way overhype "suggested" him to be built(nimble duelist dagger guy) and it's a lot of fun. I gave the scimitar guy a mace, put mace mastery on him + duelist + crippling strikes(not even sure if the later is needed tbh since mace already injuries most of the time without it with duelist on due to high armor penetration) and the strategy I'm adopting is stunning the folks with the mace guy and finishing them off with viper using deathblow while the tank guy, well, tanks(built him around classic taunt tank). I'm managing to get the enemies both stunned and injuried with the stun attack(usually broken nose), so the damage output with deathblow + double grip + duelist + executioner + killing frenzy is fucking insane, and he can pull like 4-5 attacks per turn with berserk because of the +1 AP upon kill trait. He's probably not gonna be that useful on a lot of late game stuff, but on early and mid game down on south it's being a lot of fun.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
He's probably not gonna be that useful on a lot of late game stuff, but on early and mid game down on south it's being a lot of fun.
I just gave him the named event dagger and he is my puncture bot now. Still can do pretty ok against some enemies but does kinda get overshadowed in some ways. I gave the Lion guy the named barbarian cleaver and he is an absolute beast with it.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
How come you get all the cool events and I get none.

You got the retired gladiator event, I got the event where my gladiators complain about no meat on food stock.

This fucking game is trolling me.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
BTW if you hire the alchemist guy you can make a 650 gold snake oil on taxidermist if you have enough serpent scales and ghoul teeth. You can make some good cash early on if you manage to kill enough of those I guess(although you need to spend 2.5k to hire him, so not sure if worth it on early game).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I have reached my fill of Battle Brothers. While the DLC seems fine, the game overall is starting to feel like a long grind. Doing missions after missions until you hit that "a mission too far" and you have to restart. Also, for some reason now, the whole thing with being a roaming mercenary band is getting to me - it has started to feel aimless. I wish they would have come out with an DLC that actually gave you a base of operations, something to invest in. Right now all investment you do go into the characters, but those characters can be gone in a blink of an eye. Another issue I'm having is that the maps seems off to me now for some reason. There are huge swaths of land, either to the east or west that are just wasteland. And while the world seems larger, which is nice I guess, it does feel both cramped and barren simultaneously somehow.

Either I'm just done with the game, or the DLC didn't change up things enough. Who knows? Oh well, maybe another long break will make the game seem interesting again.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Is it just me or has starting out become somehow slow now? I tried various middling starts (Davkul, Merchants, Poachers) and I always feels like it takes ages to upgrade your stuff.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
I think I have reached my fill of Battle Brothers. While the DLC seems fine, the game overall is starting to feel like a long grind. Doing missions after missions until you hit that "a mission too far" and you have to restart. Also, for some reason now, the whole thing with being a roaming mercenary band is getting to me - it has started to feel aimless.

What about mods?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/4640350165541341269

Update 1.4.0.36
An update to solve issues reported by you over the weekend.

If you encounter any other issues, please report them here.

If you have a modded game and you encounter issues when fighting Ifrits or Conscripts with Firelances, remove the 'faster' mod.

If the game doesn't start for you, remove all mods. If you don't know how, delete the game folder manually and download the game again.

Changelog for 1.4.0.36
  • Fixed game hanging in rare cases on accepting contracts.
  • Fixed game potentially hanging if killing the Rachegeist.
  • Fixed issue with trade ambition incorrectly saving the amount of trade goods that need to be sold.
  • Fixed tooltip of Living Tree Shield not showing.
  • Fixed incorrect tooltip of Serpent Skin Mantle when attached to armor.
  • Fixed final round of arena tournaments not starting if matched against a specific opponent.
  • Fixed combat ending too soon if surrounding one last larger Ifrit and shattering it into a smaller piece at the very same tile.
  • Fixed combat not ending if the last player character is retreating from the battlefield right as they die from bleeding or poison.
  • Fixed shields potentially being lost under specific circumstances even though the player has the Blacksmith follower.
  • Fixed some other minor issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom