Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Last round for me is nomads with swordmaster.

The mercs would be doable if they didnt all have fucking overwhelm lmaoo.

Im gonna give it a couple of tries and if nothing I'll just come back with full 300/300 armors.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
tfw trying to farm noble gear by camping outside of hostile citadels but the AI doesnt send anyone out and I ruin myself financially by waiting

Parabalus

Arcane
Had those mercs with overwhelm intercept me while delivering a bandit leader helm, promptly got wiped.

Has anyone managed to win the tournament on expert yet?
I'm in the process of trying.

So far my first attempt was getting to the third round but taking way too many loses.

Attempt two I will add consumables and shift some gear around and I think I can get better chances.

How do you trigger it, is it just random? Got around 20ish wins in regular arena but no tournament.

tfw trying to farm noble gear by camping outside of hostile citadels but the AI doesnt send anyone out and I ruin myself financially by waiting

Try going after 3 skull lair clearing contracts, they have a near guaranteed drop.

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I think I might just call the run done. Having a company composed entirely of gladiators, sell swords, adventurous nobles and a lone hedge knight is neat but the 1K a day cost is extremely obnoxious.

How do you trigger it, is it justrandom? Got around 20ish wins in regular arena but no tournament.
I think it's random, I saw it twice.

Try going after 3 skull lair clearing contracts, they have a near guaranteed drop.
What do you mean? 3 skull lair clearing contracts have a near guarantee drops of unique items or drop of what?

Murk

Arcane
The Arena Tourney will have an event in town (you'll see it at the top right) so you can tell when it's there without having to check with the Arena itself.

Found a belly dancer, 71 melee attack with multiple stars (66 base with the dexterous trait). Dude's a beast; slapped a sword lance on him. Also useful background for multiple events.

Also, southern Assassins are pretty good -- and ranged nomads are pretty cool too. Been doing the hybrid melee/ranged (throwing weapons + duelist 1h + nimble; can also include some grenades now which helps out quite a bit) and it works surprisingly well. Still need some heavy hitters/tanks, but the fact that I don't spend days repairing armor makes the downsides worth it.

Anyone know what the blacksmith retinue perk does? The one that says it can "repair armor after the fight" -- does that mean it restores durability or is that something else?

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Not played for a long time so I had no idea about the Albs rework and holy hell. I got massacred. What is the trick to these guys now? They stunned and did damage to the same target in the same turn. Do I need my men clumped up or something? But then they just seem to put everyone to sleep. I made it out alive, but with 70% losses.... brutal.

Just gonna stress this again - it's really disappointing that the roads aren't connected through the whole map. I think on my map I have 3 parts of settlements they are separated from each other. It's not by factions either... and it breaks the immersion to me something hard.

You deal with the new Alps with a full Two-handed party, don't scatter too much your troops, make small groups of 2/3 bros to wake up the sleeping ones and OS the Alps.
The fight is usually quite short if you're not fighting in the woods or some other shitty battlefield.

Of course, if you fight them before you get to the higher weapon tier ...
RIP

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's good to be back, and it is my great pleasure to publicly and officially confirm that boom-spears go boom. Shame they suck.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I might just call the run done. Having a company composed entirely of gladiators, sell swords, adventurous nobles and a lone hedge knight is neat but the 1K a day cost is extremely obnoxious.

How do you even sustain that cost?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Not played for a long time so I had no idea about the Albs rework and holy hell. I got massacred. What is the trick to these guys now? They stunned and did damage to the same target in the same turn. Do I need my men clumped up or something? But then they just seem to put everyone to sleep. I made it out alive, but with 70% losses.... brutal.

Just gonna stress this again - it's really disappointing that the roads aren't connected through the whole map. I think on my map I have 3 parts of settlements they are separated from each other. It's not by factions either... and it breaks the immersion to me something hard.

You deal with the new Alps with a full Two-handed party, don't scatter too much your troops, make small groups of 2/3 bros to wake up the sleeping ones and OS the Alps.
The fight is usually quite short if you're not fighting in the woods or some other shitty battlefield.

RIP
That was how you dealt with 2nd iteration of Alps.

Now you keep your troops mostly in place, Alp teleportation when they get hit ensures that they'll come for you.
Keep troops in tight formation, awaken sleepers, do some single attack hit & run and you should be ok no matter what weapon tier you're using.

Master Librarian

Educated
I'm curious - what are some of the perks you guys absolutely always avoid on each and every bro? For example I never see myself ever taking Anticipation. But then again I'm sort of a newbie brainlet who refuses to indulge into guides so that the game can properly tear me down and build me up.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
That was how you dealt with 2nd iteration of Alps.

Now you keep your troops mostly in place, Alp teleportation when they get hit ensures that they'll come for you.
Keep troops in tight formation, awaken sleepers, do some single attack hit & run and you should be ok no matter what weapon tier you're using.

Sure but even if they "come to you", you can only make one move if you want to hit them so either way, you're going to make groups even if it's almost a tight formation.

I might lack the vanilla experience though as i'm only playing with the Legends mod and there's always a demon Alp on top of that and the bastard throws some napalm clouds at you with some old version shadows inside.
And the demon Alp doesn't teleport, he stays at a reasonable distance and throws his napalm clouds in your way so you can't reach him.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A five-a-side team of sneks just tiki-takaed my archer all around the field in the passing play of the season before tearing him to shreds at the back. Guardiola would be proud.

:rage:

Now I know what they do, at least.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I haven't been able to play because neither the manual install or gog client installs properly.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Gonna try to make the bear guy a nimble, fearsome spear duelist. Maybe it's retarded, but maybe it's exactly what that character needs.

How do you even sustain that cost?
Do quest circuits while trading. Also remember to repair tier 2 + weapons.

Parabalus

Arcane
Clearing lairs seems much harder than it used to be, since with the new fortifications the generated terrain appears to be biased against you - e.g. camps on a hill will mostly have you climbing up a hill to enemies.

Anyone know what the blacksmith retinue perk does? The one that says it can "repair armor after the fight" -- does that mean it restores durability or is that something else?

If stuff gets broken in combat due to use/split shield/death it doesn't disappear, you get to keep it with 0 durability and repair it to full.

What do you mean? 3 skull lair clearing contracts have a near guarantee drops of unique items or drop of what?

Drops of uniques.

Murk

Arcane
I'm curious - what are some of the perks you guys absolutely always avoid on each and every bro? For example I never see myself ever taking Anticipation. But then again I'm sort of a newbie brainlet who refuses to indulge into guides so that the game can properly tear me down and build me up.

For any bro I'm actively "investing" in (expensive; great stats, etc.).

Student and Recover; pathfinder if they are an archer.
Quick hands for the hybrids/throwing weapon types.
Brawny for heavy armor types; Rotation for polearm/back-liners.
Weapon mastery as relevant.
Underdog if I am playing with a small company and expect to be surrounded; Reach advantage sometimes for 2handers (sword, hammer, polearms with 'reap', etc.) Footwork sometimes depending on build. Overwhelm for ranged characters.
Berserk, nearly always. Nimble or Ironforged depending on build but almost always one of the two.
Duelist for the right build; indominable for nearly all front liners; and killing frenzy for as many as I can.

I used to play with lone wolf but have stopped in recent times since keeping my units apart often results in shittier options in a fight than just having them be side by side or 1 cell apart for AOE purposes.

I usually avoid things like fast adaptation, shield expert, or taunt -- though with throwaway types that I don't care about, I'll take whatever makes them better in the short term (so often things that give HP for longer meat-shielding).

Murk

Arcane
Clearing lairs seems much harder than it used to be, since with the new fortifications the generated terrain appears to be biased against you - e.g. camps on a hill will mostly have you climbing up a hill to enemies.

If stuff gets broken in combat due to use/split shield/death it doesn't disappear, you get to keep it with 0 durability and repair it to full.

Ah, that doesn't sound as useful as I thought then. Thanks.

Barbarian

Arcane
Currently on day 60 of a northern raiders run.

Having a blast but it is annoying to have half the map still hostile(I know it should be ok by now but I couldn't resist raiding some caravans during the first 20 days or so lol). Barbarian background is very strong though, probably one of the most balanced backgrounds for forntliners(good melee attack, fatigue, hp and initiative). This origin is worthwhile for that alone, you get 3 good frontliners that are keepers. Also starting monk always has 3 stars resolve - the perfect bannerman. I'm doing a full dodge + relentless + nimble lineup and it is working so far(managed to keep the 4 starting bros alive until level 7 at least).

ITT, about spiders: haven't really noticed a change in difficulty. Still squishy. Desert human enemies are a pain in the ass. Got into a fight with nomads + a single assassin who wiped out half my company(and half my progress). Ifrits are fun but I only faced small groups so far. Hyenas can be annoying, ditto for serpents.

Barbarian

Arcane
About indebted, is there any event or such to release them if they reach high-level(when you are not playing manhunters there is no level cap)? I found a single northern slave for sale in southern cities(seemingly a rarity), and the guy had good stars. For roleplaying purposes it does feel bad to have the poor guy risking his neck for free lol. Can't I make him a free man so that he can take revenge on the araboids who enslaved him and get paid in the process?

Black_Willow

Arcane

RIP
AFAIK nets will make alps unable to teleport, so just net them one after another.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard04.png

:keepmyjewgold:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
day 33
all gladiators at 11

time to learn from my mistakes and only hire beggars and indebted this time

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Had those mercs with overwhelm intercept me while delivering a bandit leader helm, promptly got wiped.

Has anyone managed to win the tournament on expert yet?
I'm in the process of trying.

So far my first attempt was getting to the third round but taking way too many loses.

Attempt two I will add consumables and shift some gear around and I think I can get better chances.

How do you trigger it, is it just random? Got around 20ish wins in regular arena but no tournament.

I thought it was a seasonal thing since the icon shows up in the upper right corner of the city screen like the other stuff. I don't know if there's anything specific that triggers it. I got it early on in my two first games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom