Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
i want to try toy around with a nimbleforged bro, just need the armor to make it worthwhile

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Forged is not that impressive even when you max out dur imo. Needs Brawny just to move, which is passive in combat, it does nothing.
Nimble will take Dodge, Nimble has high init, so Overwhelm works, and Reach Advantage works better cause spamming high fat attacks is easier. And even Recover works better cause you have a lot more fat to recover.
Forged feels better on a shieldtank.
If you try to to add Forged to a Nimbro, it just steals a perk (or 2!) for 15% armor dmg reduction... Imo not worth it.

I am a full convert to the Church of Nimble!

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Im considering giving everyone a SWORDLANCE and polearm mastery
Shit is OOOP, 3 tiles attack targets counterclockwise on Reap, 2 tile distance!
It makes maneuvers like this worth it, ill eat their first attack with my frontline, instead of waiting - just to wail on them with REAP
And with mastery Reap is only 5 AP, so you kill someone, zerk, and are back to 8 AP and can move and reap again!
With a hammer and 6 AP per attack if you kill someone on an attack, get 4 AP back to 7, you cannot move (-2 AP) and attack again but with the Swordlance you can! You can reap even... on 2 tiles distance ...vs up to 3 targets... and of course it works up close as well! so OP
t7eCRuG.jpeg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Sure but the damage is negligible on anything with good armor so outside or the early garbage bandits and the nachos, it's useless and you don't even need it against those.
Last but not least, it's not that common to get e full second row to reap them and if you use it 1 tile away, every other 2H weapon is better...

It's nice to use one instead of a regular polearm, specially if you find a named one with increased damage but that's it.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
the damage is negligible
I mean, House patrols run around with 150? dur, forged... 60 avr dmg is not that negligibile, if its hitting 2 or 3 peeps.
But yeah, hammers, axes are nastier and 12 swordlance masters aint gonna work out.

buuuuuuuulllll shit
h3XU3Jk.png

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Weap smiths in the south only, probably.

edit

Schrats hitting helmets with their underground attack is another bullshit shit.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, and when they don't spawn in the southern cities you're fucked until, say, you side against Southerners in the Holy War and loot some.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I've seen one in the north, but they are much rarer than in the city states. Take a caravan to the south.

(The functionality is just like a warscythe though.)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
i can never FIND a god damn swordlance

mr level 12 lone wolf still waiting to try it out

With legends, it's slightly more common since Necrosavants Lords can wield one and now Fallen Heroes Champions too (or maybe ancient dead champion)

Horvatii If it works like the Legends skill with the same name, they die if they act within the cloud. If not, well, just play Legends instead. :P

By the way, the latest Legends Testbuild (only available on discord for now, the discord link is on the Nexus Legends mod description) is really stable and there's a lot of fun campaigns like the recent Druid Werewolf.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Ill try the Legends memes after vanilla, when its fixed and proper.

Tried fighting 3 schrats with only 3 axes I had a couple of times. 3rd time, sarge dies, gets braindamage. Nice.
(as a random observation, you are better of not using any backliner, shields and surround surround surround, axes axes axes, split shields and hope they try to regrow)
dN1iBqV.png

Sarge taking a break and I decide its a good idea to fight geists without any Rally available ...
It pisses me off that the bros dont stop running for like 3 turns...
5oQxrGn.png

Wnated to konw just how shit Fast Adaption is.
4 attacks. At 65 cth, your dmg improvemetn is about 4.4 percent... The further you increase your cth, the worse it gets. Even taking Gifted is better!
SnI6zud.png

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
If anyone knows how to calculate the Fast Adaption improvement analytically, in closed form - let me know.
Note: that it stacks and resets on hit.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
4 misses in a row is 1.5% chance at 65 cth, 1% with Gifted
I aint taking a perk for that... You also are theoretically building a char for lategame, not to chuck spears at bandits with 40% cth

> mfw barb chosen INSTAGIBS my starting bro with 140 helmet, boneplating and 260 dur sellsword armor...
> split man is bulllllshit!

BB for some reason starts to randomly lag like crazy at certain zoom levels, or after some reloads or after battle...
And the lag is systemwide! Something is causing a crazy amount of hardware interrupts to fire...
DbFjrUs.png

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Shamans, Master archers (wounding them is enough on turn one), Barbarian drummers, Overseers, Hexes and Coven Leaders...

I also like sniping goblins with nets on turn one after the shamans, their nets are really annoying.
Barbarian throwers too.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Add handgunners and engineers to that list too.

Didn't fight the holy war on the northerner side yet but I had an engineer on my side with his canon once, he always missed though, how lethal are they when they hit ?
Guns are nasty indeed but when you have your own elite archers AND a fencer, they never get a chance to fire.
Not really that deadly, but still can ruin your day if you get bogged down in line fight.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
This game is so fucking infuriating when you play it for a while.
I literally disabled all sound effect AND dont watch the enemy turn... .. .

>night ambush in house war
>move my tank through attacks of opportunity to get to an injured and wavering enemy crosswbowman
>motherfucker uses FOOTWORK and insta-head-gibs my ranged starting bro 5 tiles away who is throwing master with a shield +20 vs ranged at night! 30% cth...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKC YYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU
its like turn 2 and their 3rd attack that lands...

Darth Canoli

Arcane
motherfucker uses FOOTWORK and insta-head-gibs my ranged starting bro 5 tiles away who is throwing master with a shield +20 vs ranged at night! 30% cth...

Never uses throwers, doesn't duelist works with it though ?
Why using a shield when nimble + dodge + anticipation gives you way more damage reduction and 5% THC for your enemies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom