Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Downloaded GOG version, 4 dlcs only. Fixed the save in hex editor. It loads in my GOG install now.

gofile.io/d/N5bEUg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So that the cannon fodder becomes the source of Confidence for Unholds without provdiging any damage? WAT

Ok, i'll walk you through it step by step since you're a little slow.
You get your rookies behind your 2H bros, when one is wounded, he rotates with the new guy and before this one gets hurt/killed, either you finish the unhold off or you rotate him with another bro...
Dogs are both squishy and unpredictable.

I know how the bonuses work... But how about you take the save and trigger fleeing frost unholds there. You can give every dude I have Ferasome too! Then maybe you'll understand how and why you have to use dogs

Everything but undead breaks eventually, the wolf mantle helps.
I've seen bros with 100+ resolve failing their resolve check just by being surrounded by weak enemies.
Add this to killing two unhold in a single unit's turn and every enemy around (but undead) will fail its resolve check.

Last but not least, a naked low hp new recruit can bait half the unhold to split them.
Just make sure he's always close enough to bait them but far enough not to get caught.

Divide and conquer...

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Suppose anyone takes the bait, loads that save and downs those unholds with his gimped crew - all we d have accomplished would be showing this poor sod that he is, indeed, "a little slow". Is it worth the trouble? I doubt it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Interesting one, although i'm skeptical on the card part.

Another one, still in early access and already with a thread in our garden but i played the latest build and i have to say it's fleshing out quite nicely with the latest additions:
- Mercenary bands hunting you
- Parts of (a) map(s) to gather to get to (a) secret hideout(s)
- The champion perk to obtain by fighting only with 1/2 mercs against many leading to arena fights
- New starts to unlock
- New enemies and Boss fights

Urtuk (GOG)

Official website

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
This is the ideal male body.
You may not like it, but this is what peak
performance looks like!
S0HHd3l.jpeg

kryminator

Augur
This is the ideal male body.
You may not like it, but this is what peak
performance looks like!
S0HHd3l.jpeg
almost like my standard 2h hammer build, the only difference is pathfinder instead of recover and bandages instead of sword in inventory

Darth Canoli

Arcane
And this unique build includes quick hands for a 2H hammer bro ?

:deathclaw:

There's no way i'd pick this over rotation or pathfinder.

Legends adds enough perks to fill the perks panel three times (they don't get them all) so if you like variety...

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Well, unique is the wrong word - more like singular.

Everyone picks:
forged/nimble
zerk
frenzy
quickhands
colossus
Thats the singular build, plays the same, no matter the 2h weapon.

And the rest doesnt matter.
Also Quickhands is probably the MVP to go with Zerk on a 2Hander, I dont know what game you have been playing if you think Pathfinder or Rotation instead of an additional fat-efficent attack per turn is better...
If anything Brawny and/or Recover are more expendable/versatile in choice. Quickhands is a must.

Tank, sarge, ragend are counters or memes, cant stand alone.

----------

Played 2 hours yesterday. Five fights, 3 raider stomps, 1 raider camp, 1 orc stomp. ~about 50 min of fiting.
Bought a knight for 9k and spend 51 minutes trying to figure out how to spend his 5 levelups and what weapon mastery to give him, if any... xD
ncKL1Mf.png

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Everyone picks:
forged/nimble
zerk
frenzy
quickhands
colossus
Thats the singular build, plays the same, no matter the 2h weapon.

What ?
You think everyone picks quickhands to put a pole-hammer and a 1H sword inside a 2H hammer bro backpack?

The only quickhand use would be to put a dagger instead to recover expensive armors. (and you don't need it with legends, you recover named armors even at 0% with every starting background)
Do you fucking think your guy has so much fat you can afford to put 2 useless weapons in his backpack?
Also, i have no idea what your screenshot means.

You're probably the worst player ever using excel to powergame but failing to come up with any decent build every time.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
This endgame build, I dont care about non-named armors anymore, I can buy them, daggers lol - and i am the worst player xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGERS wIW QUICKAHNDS ROOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

Quickhands is there to get a reachweapon attack after a kill, after you zerk and get frenzy, thats the use of quickhands, you switch to reach and dont move but attack,
as well as moving a single tile and attacking over 2 with a reach weap if nothing is in reach of your normal 2h

the sword is just cherry on top, if you have an enemy that is about to die on a new turn, you switch to sword at no ap cost, kill, get frenzy as a bonus, regain 4 ap, RECOVER
non extended endgame fights dont even even needs this shit but when you are killing hordes of undead you might

The bro doesnt even have good stats...

Vatnik Wumao
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/365360/view/2931240351084306608
Update 1.4.0.45
Another maintenance update to take care of issues reported to us over last couple of weeks.

If you have a modded game and you encounter issues, remove your mods. Seriously.

If you still encounter issues, please report them here following the instructions in the sticky post.

Changelog for 1.4.0.45
  • Fixed potential freeze on AI turns of Gunners under specific circumstances.
  • Fixed rare issue of UI becoming unresponsive as the enemy flees a battle while a new round starts.
  • Fixed 'Sling Stone' skill being usable even if disarmed.
  • Fixed incorrect hit chance shown in tooltip for 'Fire Handgonne' under certain conditions.
  • Fixed number of crafted items not being counted correctly.
  • Fixed issue with Watermill location being inaccessible under certain conditions.
  • Fixed men losing mood because they had to sit in reserve while the player lost a battle even with a Drill Sergeant in the retinue.
  • Fixed some other minor issues.

vazha

Arcane
Is Euthanasia legal in Croatia? Maybe we should start a patreon page or something?

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
does anyone here even try to read his posts anymore, because I sure don't
ZXwJjnz.png

Gaym is used up anyway.
Early and midgame are entertaining, as soon as you are out of rng fest - it becomes a retarded grinder, slow as fuck to play and grind and with a shit UI.

Library fight is literally designed to be fought at least thrice - once you lose due to low resolve, then you lose cause you cant reach the urns and then you win.
hurr durr fuck you
7U8A7jO.png

Peace out, larpers!
Im gonna play a much more tactical game now - DOS2!

Vatnik Wumao
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/365360/view/2890710490964347956
Update 1.4.0.46
Another maintenance update to take care of issues reported to us over last couple of weeks, as well as some balance changes.

If you have a modded game and you encounter issues, remove your mods. Seriously.

If you still encounter issues, please report them here following the instructions in the sticky post.

Changelog for 1.4.0.46
  • Changed Spear Mastery perk to also allow for activating the Spearwall skill when already adjacent to opponents.
  • Changed Living Tree Shield to regenerate 20 points of durability each turn, up from 4.
  • Fixed freeze as charmed characters attempt to throw smoke bombs.
  • Fixed combat potentially ending prematurely if only resurrected Wiedergängers are left.
  • Fixed some beast parties spawned by contracts not being attackable by other ai parties after the contract that spawned them has been cancelled.
  • Fixed berserker mushroom effect stacking.
  • Fixed some other minor issues.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Changed Spear Mastery perk to also allow for activating the Spearwall skill when already adjacent to opponents
This one feels like things are being dumbed down to cater for optimization bots.
Besides that change makes shield push and other abilities that force enemy movement less useful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom