Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
"Typical modder" things. From interesting features to full retard. I've started current run ~3 weeks ago and i'm already 7 or 8 versions behind. Don't upgrade it because saves will break.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Talk about Legendary BLOAT Mod
"Typical modder" things. From interesting features to full retard. I've started current run ~3 weeks ago and i'm already 7 or 8 versions behind. Don't upgrade it because saves will break.

What he means is 7/8 test versions (from discord) behind, there wasn't any official release since the last DLC.
So it's a good thing, they crush bugs faster than light.

Also, there is only two autistic features which you should avoid unless you're bored with Legends already and think that's what you want.
  • The armor layers, because not only the end result is ugly but it's a pain to manage.
  • The legendary difficulty, because every fucking monster gets more perks, from dodge to nimble.
Everything else, from new monsters, new boss monsters, camp features, enchantment, magic, new classes and new perks is just pure gold.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Werecreatures are retarded feature. Buggy and annoying. And camp is shit too. I'm using it only for repair and heal - things you getting done just travelling the world in vanilla.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I did a druid run last autumn and had a lot of fun with it, what you need is a werewolf druid, stopped around day 120, few bugs, they have been fixed as far as i know, and they're just test builds for now so bugs happen.

I like the camp too, you can get pretty self sufficient when exploring far from the civilization, it's quite nice and there's always the training bonus if you don't want to get into crafting, hunting, gathering...
I don't use hunting and gathering much, by the way, only when it's absolutely vital.
And you don't have to use it anyway, only getting the morale resting bonus is a big plus for a cultist run, for example or when exploring.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Basically only things i LIKE are big inventory and big battles. Some things are ok. And some are cancer.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't need any retarded magic. At all.

Suuuure. Then why my people didn't recovered single hp in weeks on the road?

I don't know which build you used and with which submod if any but it never happened to me, i don't think it's a big problem to open the camp menu and rest for 10 hours while putting one or two guys in the medical tent tending wounds.
Everyone gets healed and most of your guys gain morale, it's a win-win situation.

Also, last time i played a test build, didn't encounter any bug at all for like 120-140 days, that usually when i quit a campaign if i didn't get the vala + either the crusader or the ranger through random encounters.

Eastwood

Educated
Do you need cutting (beheading) fatalities to prevent Zombies from rising again or does any type of fatality do?
Might influence which weapon spec I'll give to my bloodthirsty Wildman.

Rieser

Scholar
Do you need cutting (beheading) fatalities to prevent Zombies from rising again or does any type of fatality do?

You need to cut their head off, yes. They only reanimate once on their own though. Doesn't work on Fallen Heroes - they'll reanimate even without their head.

Eastwood

Educated
You need to cut their head off, yes. They only reanimate once on their own though. Doesn't work on Fallen Heroes - they'll reanimate even without their head.
I see, then I'll pick sword spec. Thanks for the clarification!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I see, then I'll pick sword spec. Thanks for the clarification!
Why sword?
Cleavers have the extra change to behead.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Had to take a break over the holidays but I’ve started up again.

Came back to resume my most successful run but I forgot how brutal some enemies can be, especially when you don’t know what they can do—fought two giant troll things (forget the name) who swapped places with my shieldmen and devoured my back line. They also consumed bodies to heal, I think.

I managed to kill one, but the other had too many bodies around to eat. I could have run and started over with a couple veterans, but decided I’d just make a new company because it had been over a month since I’d had time to play prior to this.

Anyway, got a new company going. On day 30 or so. Company is:
4 shield bros, all in chain with nice helmets
4 spear bros, two with pikes and two with pitchforks
1 dedicated archer
1 archer/sword bro with swift hands + 2 sword bros on the flanks

Going pretty well. I’ve been avoiding most monsters, though I can take on packs of 12 armored weidergangers pretty easily now. Managed to take down a necromancer, too (was supposed to be a contract defending a town from brigands).

I’m sure my formation could be optimized much more, but so far I’ve found 2h swords/axes to be subpar until you get enough melee skill to hit with your one attack per round. Having the two sword (or mace/flail) bros on the side has helped a lot, either to protect the back line from flanks or to surround whichever side of their front line starts to fall first. Really like the combat system; once one side of their line falls it feels good to have everyone move around the work down the rest.

I’m putting a point into resolve on basically every level up, and I picked the banner as my second goal to increase resolve. Haven’t had anyone break yet. Also have two bros with rally the troops which helps.

Such a good game.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Came back to resume my most successful run but I forgot how brutal some enemies can be, especially when you don’t know what they can do—fought two giant troll things (forget the name) who swapped places with my shieldmen and devoured my back line. They also consumed bodies to heal, I think.

I managed to kill one, but the other had too many bodies around to eat.

What monster are you talking about?
Are you playing with Legends and some new monsters were unleashed?

Because as far as i know, no monster has both swap + eat, what you describe (huge troll) looks like Unholds but i've never witnessed a Unhold eating anyone (they do regen like 15/20% health each turn though) or it could be nachos* third form (nache*******, unpronounceable german name), they actually eat corpses and grow bigger (up to the third form) healing themselves but as far as i know, they don't switch places...

Kaivokz

Arcane
Because as far as i know, no monster has both swap + eat, what you describe (huge troll) looks like Unholds but i've never witnessed a Unhold eating anyone (they do regen like 15/20% health each turn though) or it could be nachos* third form (nache*******, unpronounceable german name), they actually eat corpses and grow bigger (up to the third form) healing themselves but as far as i know, they don't switch places...
They were unholds. It must have just been their natural regeneration; maybe the animation made me think they were eating bodies. Is there a way to see enemy abilities in the game?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't think so, you just play and learn, some perks are visible though either by hovering your mouse or clicking them (i'm not sure) but not abilities like regen, resurrection, acid spit and the likes.

oscar

Arcane
Tried out the Legends Mod and am surprisingly impressed. Thought it would be a tasteless over-the-top autism show but the new mechanics are generally well-thought out and a lot of fun. The randomised skilltrees were a stroke of brilliance in particular, they encourage you to try out some interesting builds you probably wouldn't bother with otherwise.

Technically a beta but I'm yet to encounter a single issue https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBrothers/comments/irvi81/new_legends_mod_test_build_is_now_out/

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My wife keeps telling me I should just play Railroad Tycoon II with the way I'm playing battle brothers, just because I try to make profits from trade and calculate things like smaller contracts earning more money per day than bigger contracts, or that repairing broken weapons before selling them is profitable.

BTW, Reinhardt , do you play Railroad Tycoon II? I've always wanted to try multiplayer.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Do codexers play BB on ironman?

I just lost another company to some nachez-whatevers. Some bad luck (my spearwalls all got broken after 1 or 2 hits, despite some high melee skill), some bad tactics and they got around my flank. (I actually managed to beat them with 8/12 bros left, but right after that a band of very well equipped brigands appeared and chased me down).

But, now I know how to fight Nache-things. They seem to prioritize going for corpses when they can, so I figure (1) kill them isolated from their allies, (2) cover the bodies as you go, and (3) kill the big ones first so they don't grow bigger. One of the very big ones (maybe 2nd biggest size?) was responsible for killing 3/4 of my bros who died even though there were like 20 of them.

Anyway, I'm going to start a beast slayers group and specifically go after monsters because I keep losing my company to not understanding monster mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom