Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://puu.sh/uX3Bn/867dc92659.jpg

I want to buy it just to have it, but messers feel kind of useless lategame. Thoughts?

Don't buy it, I agree that those budget two handers suck. If you want a two swing bladed weapon, use a high end one hander. Pretty sure an orc cleaver with the off hand perk will do a lot more damage.

Villagkouras

Arcane
So guys, I'm completely new in this. Is learn by playing ok or do I have to watch the tutorial videos to understand the mechanics?

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
So guys, I'm completely new in this. Is learn by playing ok or do I have to watch the tutorial videos to understand the mechanics?
Learn by playing is easy. The first contract you get takes you through the basics and most controls are intuitive.

bataille

Arcane
No tutorial videos. I've just started my first beginner ironman game myself. Let's see who gets the farthest.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Finally. :D Though I'm not sure if raising the price to 30 bucks is good for the game, many people find will that a bit too much for an indie.

Beowulf

Arcane
Remember to enjoy it playing the Codex Way (TM):

Veteran, Ironman.

Reinhardt

Arcane
:x:butthurt::badnews:

9lbds0.jpg

bataille

Arcane
Beginner might be a tad too easy, hmm. Unless it becomes much harder later; for now it's mostly flawless wins with my band of widowers, cripples, gamblers and village idiots beating hobos and direwolves over their heads with crutches and sticks in the woods.
We need more pain, flagellation and starvation for Christ.

bataille

Arcane
A witness snapped a photo of my band of bozos harassing some passersby.
iu_ui9opyhu.jpg

I believe we'll get better one day.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ran from Necrosavant x6 Group twice.
That 1000 gold contract wasn't worth it - sustained 2 critical wounds each.
Couldn't secure contract with walking wounded. One guy has like -90% dmg from 2 injuries.
Decided to try a caravan run for 800 gold. Got ambushed by 20 brigands - 15 thugs and 5 marksman. Fled. Contract failed. Brigand still after me. Ran to guardhouse. Out came an army stack. Looks good. Engage.

BattleBrothers%202017-03-25%2003-45-29-35.jpg

Feels good, man.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Beginner might be a tad too easy, hmm. Unless it becomes much harder later; for now it's mostly flawless wins with my band of widowers, cripples, gamblers and village idiots beating hobos and direwolves over their heads with crutches and sticks in the woods.

Yes, Veteran is the way it's meant to be played. I've done two beginner campaigns and they're pitifully unchallenging after the first few weeks, IMO. I think you'll have a blast with a higher difficulty.

bataille

Arcane

Yes, Veteran is the way it's meant to be played. I've done two beginner campaigns and they're pitifully unchallenging after the first few weeks, IMO. I think you'll have a blast with a higher difficulty.

Yes, I'm doing that. Maybe this time cripples will have even less limbs and golden coins will have more copper in them. Here comes the pain train.
Battle_Brothers_2017-03-25_01-41-52-43.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom