Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Prime Junta

Yeeeaahhh...

BFECD4015A20C566267653A240F06C2F457780C2

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This game certainly knows how to kick you on the balls.

You manage to defeat the bandit lord and limp your way back to the quest giver with half of your company dead and the other half crippled... and then the bounty hunters show up.

Kids those days won't be able to take that kind of design. "B-but it is unfair! My reward! I'm the h-hero!"

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kids those days won't be able to take that kind of design. "B-but it is unfair! My reward! I'm the h-hero!"
Too right. The only user review on metacritic so far:
Miss nearly all of your attacks, never get enough loot to get decent upgrades. You don't get enough money from quests to pay for everything you need. I get having a challenge, but making it impossible is frustrating as hell.
Rated 2.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
So I started. Codex Volunters.
10 days already and some battles and its easy. No tension whatever.
Naked thugs everywhere. I see no ranged. At all.
In old builds at day 10 you could expect Marksmen and Raiders behind any bush. Mixed feelings really.
Will post first part in 20 minutes.
Any volunteers post your preferences:
Name/preferred background/position

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Hogart the weasel? It's scripted that he escapes, so you can hunt him down in the first contract you're offered.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
In old builds at day 10 you could expect Marksmen and Raiders behind any bush. Mixed feelings really.

Jrpgfan/Adventurous Noble/Back Line(Longaxe or Billhook) or 2-hander(greataxe preferably)

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
You guys are already in.
+Alienman
All alive.
Reinhard will join soon.
I must tell that gritty feeling of earlier build plus constant lack of tools is a past. Kind of sad.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Teut

Mace and shield if you use that, but not that important.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
aurfyh.jpg

I bought the game friday night on impulse thinking I would just play a little before bedtime. It is now saturday evening and my eyes hurt.

I stopped because total party kill on Day 30 because of a combined night attack from 12 direwolves + level 2 undead. Two groups that merged somehow. I should have fled on turn 1 and just taken the 12 injuries but nooo, I thought my party could deal with it. There goes the Black Company.

Is there a good way to escape these sorts of situations where enemy groups keep following you around until they catch you? Hiding in the cities/towns is no help. Do I need to kill their lairs to make the area safe for travel? Also, raiders are OP af.

What are your party setups like? It feels like having at least two 1H axes and two 1H hammers is a must to take shields down quickly. Cudgels are nice for stuns but seems like they become irrelevant once enemies start getting serious equipment. All the 2H melee weapons seem kinda pointless if you can only move one hex max and still attack. And is there any point to the bow snapshot?

Hiding in cities doesn't help, but often there is militia in a settlement. They'll join your fight if you're close enough, scare the enemie off or you let them fight whatever hunted you and run. You should also be slightly faster than every (hostile) group.

Taking down shields becomes less important the higher your Attack rating goes. Most don't bother with breaking shields and attack directly.

Maces are still good for crowd control and good enough against armor that they stay relevant. (Orc warriors and berserkers are immune to stun though).

Two-handed weapons become useful late game, when you have good armor and need to kill a large groups of enemies quickly with their AOE attacks. Let them come to you - if possible - while you shoot them with 3 or 4 archers.

Andnjord

Arcane
:what:

You sure you're not playing on normal? In my veteran playthrough I'm at day 16 and have already faced dozens of raiders and a good ten-fifteen marksmen as well as a village defence with 3 stacks of 10 wiederganders and a necromancer. And my tools situation keeps switching between good enough to 'oh my god, our swords are breaking'...

In any case, sign me up for duty sire :salute:

Parabalus

Arcane
Game is really fun, but there is a desperate need for a in-game "Brotherpedia" , the lack of tooltips and information is really off putting. Undead are resistant to arrows, but nowhere in game is the % mentioned, bunch of stuff like that.

Perks and background traits only show details (effects and cost) after you buy them several reloads needed just to see what they do.

Where can you rebind keys?

The whole "Learn by dying getting brutally raped to death" factor is part of the game's charm though.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is mentioned if you hover over the undead with a crossbow or bow. At least that is what I remember.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Game is really fun, but there is a desperate need for a in-game "Brotherpedia" , the lack of tooltips and information is really off putting. Undead are resistant to arrows, but nowhere in game is the % mentioned, bunch of stuff like that.

Perks and background traits only show details (effects and cost) after you buy them several reloads needed just to see what they do.

Where can you rebind keys?

The whole "Learn by dying getting brutally raped to death" factor is part of the game's charm though.

Rebind keys? What a strange concept.
BTW Check wikia. Most info is outdated but still there is some information. If I get some free time and some good will I maybe gonna add some stuff from my secret notes.

2nd part.
https://youtu.be/25pIZkMQI0M
Its still processing so it will be up in 15-20 minutes. I need sleep. see you tomorrow.
I will add new recruits as I expand roster.

so all the fuss around battle brothers was for a turn based, limited mount & blade with level scaling?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom