Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Of Flesh and Faith free DLC announced, releasing on March 10th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Of Flesh and Faith; Overhype Studios

We recently learned that Battle Brothers developers Overhype Studios had secured funding to begin work on a new turn-based tactics project, codenamed Menace. Last week, they teased an upcoming announcement on the Battle Brothers blog. However this was not the new game, but rather what seems likely to be Overhype's final contribution to Battle Brothers, a free DLC entitled Of Flesh and Faith. The DLC will add two elaborate new origins to the game: the Oathtakers, who sound your like typical paladin order, and the Anatomists, basically a band of corpse-dissecting mad scientists. Both come with their own unique mechanics, equipment, character backgrounds, and loads of new story events. Here's the announcement:

While we’re working on a brand new game, fans of Battle Brothers have something to be excited about right now – we’re happy to announce that Battle Brothers will receive a free DLC called ‘Of Flesh and Faith’ on March 10th, 2022.

The focus of the DLC will be on adding two new origins to Battle Brothers, and thereby two fresh and different ways to approach the game. These two origins – the Oathtakers and the Anatomists – will be the most detailed origins in the game to date. They both come with unique mechanics, new equipment, new character backgrounds, their very own story events, and even a custom-tailored banner each. And because more variety is always nice, the DLC will add more than 50 new events in total to the game!

Here’s the list of features:
  • Oathtakers – Follow the teachings of Young Anselm, fight for righteousness, and swear oaths that confer advantages and disadvantages until fulfilled.
  • Anatomists – Further your research even if they shun you for it, dissect the corpses of your fallen enemies, and devise new ways to empower your men.
  • New Banners – Hoist two new banners that thematically fit the new origins.
  • New Equipment – Dress in style with new equipment that befits your origin.
  • New Events – Experience more than 50 new events on your travels.
Alongside this meaty free DLC full of new content will also come a sizable update to existing content. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes. Both the DLC and the free update will arrive for PC on March 10th, and at the same time or shortly afterwards for Xbox, PlayStation and Switch.

Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC and learn everything about the Anatomists.​

As mentioned in the announcement, Of Flesh and Faith will be out very soon, on March 10th. Some Codexers will be disappointed that this isn't another full-scale expansion, but honestly it's amazing that they ended up supporting the game for as long as they did.

Fargus

Arcane
I'm not disappointed by the scale because it's free dlc and for free stuff it looks pretty good. But sucks to hear this might be the last one. I've been paying Battle Brothers since EA and i was excited each time they announced a new dlc to it... which i can't say about any other game.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Funnily enough, I find BB’s setting one of its strongest sides. It’s not that it’s deep with lore, but the low phantasy theme, brutality and art is a perfect mix I am a huge sucker for.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Funnily enough, I find BB’s setting one of its strongest sides. It’s not that it’s deep with lore, but the low phantasy theme, brutality and art is a perfect mix I am a huge sucker for.

It's suitably grimdark and doesn't get in the way, like a mashing of ASOIF and Warhammer Fantasy. Which is about as good as it gets. Most modern games that try to go hard on worldbuilding are very hit and miss.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still say they are bunch of liars for not including the promised mod tools and bunch of spergs for encrypting the game files when they learned someone is actually making mods for their game. With mod support, this could easily be the Merc game, right now it is barely a Merc game.

Glad

Literate
Dissapointed, I thought this will be another big DLC... This free stuff is not enough to bring me back.

Thonius

Arcane

It's suitably grimdark and doesn't get in the way, like a mashing of ASOIF and Warhammer Fantasy. Which is about as good as it gets. Most modern games that try to go hard on worldbuilding are very hit and miss.
I think it's because there are lots of blanks to fill for yourself. Even the fact that you as a player got no playable character fills that spot. To be fair all best lore (excpet probably for LOTR and some others) are that way. Let player/reader fill the blanks.

SenisterDenister

Educated
I hope they don't fuck it up. Battle Brothers was rough for a few years when they encrypted all the files and they said they were done with it before coming back and doing much needed content expansions and DLC's for it. Game still needs official mod support, but despite all of that I can't help but like it.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Still no female characters? I was excited the game might actually be in a playable state when I saw a new DLC, but it looks like it is still lacking this critical feature.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Still no female characters? I was excited the game might actually be in a playable state when I saw a new DLC, but it looks like it is still lacking this critical feature.

Females can't fight well, rainbow-boi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom