Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock - simultaneous turn-based space fleet strategy from Slitherine

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

http://www.slitherine.com/products/product.asp?gid=692

The Cylons have rebelled!
Four years of war and a steep price in human lives have not been enough to unlock a deadly stalemate. The Colonials have countered all of the Cylon’s offensives so far, but no decisive victory was achieved.

The deadlock is suddenly broken by a surprise attack from the Cylons and the brutal annihilation of the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. The fate of mankind is now resting on the shoulders of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain.

The secret, cunning plan she has conceived could turn the tide of the war forever…

The Game
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Deadlock™ takes you into the heart of the First Cylon War, to fight epic 3D battles that will test your tactical prowess.

Take control of the Colonial Fleet from the bridge of the mobile shipyard, Daidalos, and free the Twelve Colonies from the Cylon threat. Build your fleets, protect the Quorum alliance and prepare to dig deeper into the conspiracies of this heroic conflict.

Command the Colonial Fleet
Design and build fleets of powerful capital ships. Recruit officers to protect the Twelve Colonies. From the Manticore corvette to the mighty Jupiter class Battlestar, you won’t be short on firepower.

Legendary Names
Continue the legacy of Battlestar Galactica™ with new characters and familiar faces, in an original story set during the First Cylon War. Launch Viper squadrons and Raptor scouts and jump the Galactica in to dominate the battlefield. An authentic Battlestar Galactica™ experience awaits.

WEGO 3D Tactical Battles
Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful, 4k supported environments.

War Room Politics
From the bridge of the Daidalos shipyard you will command all the Colonial Fleet. Build up your forces and jump them across the quaternary solar system of Cyrannus. Keep the Colonies safe and the Quorum of Twelve unified, lest the alliance break and introduce a new age of Cylon dominance.

The Cylon Threat
Prepare to face relentless opposition. Defend against squadrons of Cylon Raiders and missile salvos from Basestars. Trust in your marines to fight off Centurion boarding parties, while your firewalls slow down the hacking attacks of the Wardriver electronic fighters. Unlock blueprints for new ships, munitions and squadrons to help defeat your tireless foe.

Join Forces
Experience Battlestar multiplayer like never before! Outwit your opponent in fierce 1-v-1 fleet battles.

Norfleet

Concept sounds interesting, but I cannot help but notice it doesn't actually exist and therefore remains vaporware. They really ought to work out the entire nonexistence issue first.

rezaf

Cipher
Concept sounds interesting, but I cannot help but notice it doesn't actually exist and therefore remains vaporware. They really ought to work out the entire nonexistence issue first.

I think I saw some folks on the official forums who claimed they'd already been playing it (not in the pirate but in the official early tester sense).

That said, a Slitherine/Matrix games slated for release on Steam, XBoxOne and PS4. What has the world come to?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Finally someone attempting to make good use of the setting/IP. Not as good as they could have* but this has potential. Especially that they are using the colonial bickering as a gameplay element. Worried about the mention of consoles, that never ends good.

*Ideally for a strategy game you could do a 4X/Grand Strategy set a hundred or more years before Cylons. A game of military and economical conquest, proxy warfare, subterfuge and alliances. The old imperial powers of Virgon and Leonis holding to their old glory, Caprica's rise to power, the growing importance of secondary colonial powers such as Picon, Tauron, Canceron or Scorpia.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Gameplay reveal stream! Wednesday 28th June 11 am PST / 2 pm EST / 8 pm CEST

Edit
Youtube version of the Stream. Gameplay starts around 10 minute mark.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
This fucking engine is getting reused quite often. Seen 3 gemas with it. WH40k, This One, The Other Space Fight Game.

That's because it's vaporware. Nothing but fake news.
in general matrix/slitherine don't make announcements like this if they are not already far along into the development process. They don't generally announce vapor ware on their front page-- so this game exists imo, and is likely already playable... the only real question will be about if it is actually a good game or not.

I like that it is wego, and so far it appears promising, so I will follow along and hope for the best.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.slitherine.com/news/2295/Battlestar.Galactica.Deadlock.-.Ask.Us.Anything.on.Reddit!
Join us on https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/ next week on Wednesday July 19th at 8 pm PST / 11 pm EST!

The developers of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock will take part in an IAmA on Reddit. Ask Us Anything! From lore to gameplay, no subject is taboo. Don’t be afraid to ask: we will answer all questions at the best of our ability!

It is your chance to learn all there is to know on the game and how it fits in the Battlestar Galactica canon storyline!

See you all on Wednesday!

Hellraiser

Arcane
I wonder how long that tutorial is and if Tylium is used as a resource for jumping (it should be). That would create some interesting choices between jumping, production or rushing production.

The system map looks a bit poor, but maybe the models are placeholders.

Death toll 50k is rather low for orbital bombardment, but I guess the Cylons are kind of short on plutonium for their nukes at this point and just bombed the target of strategic value on Picon.

Morkar Left

Turnbased in a game that's focused on fights with Battlestars? Combat can only be impressive in realtime with fighters flying everywhere with dogfights, attacks and counterattacks. Imho needs realtime to make optimal use of the franchise. The setting alone is way to barebones for turn based combat.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Will it start off promising then end up utterly shit, like the series?

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Interesting. I do like the fact it is using the older Galactica setting. Loved seeing those old Cylon base ships. Neat!

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is there no Z-axis usage? I couldn't find it. Always a bit baffling when space games don't use it, but it happens quite often.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
the other games in this engine have 7 z levels
so you stack ships on top of each other to max frontal dps
it doesnt matter otherwise though, you drive with slowest speed towards the biggest enemy dps dealer and kill him

while the engines shtick is limited degree of rotation and fire arc like in sails
it will not being used to any meaningful gameplay consequence

the warhammer game had multiplayer so someoen who played it might now more
but my guess is that its even worse there, all kinds of special abilities etc nullifying arcs of mov and shooty

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom