Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bayonetta 3

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Agreed. Especially her characterization in the first game is hard swing and a miss. They obviously wanted her to be a confident sexy mature woman but they ended up producing a 40 year old math teacher trying too hard to be sexy. She is extremely dismissive of everyone around her to a point where instead of explaining to Luca his father was killed by the angels she leads him around by the nose until he accidentally figures it out. The man could have died several times over what was effectively just a misunderstanding and bayonetta could have lost a ally simply because she is just such a "tease". It also does not help that over half her moves look like strip dancing with naked finishers to boot. Also technically she spends the whole game naked as her "clothes" are just her hair warped very tightly around her body.

And this is not just my opinion in the second game they seriously course corrected and basically de-aged her by a good 10 years and cut down her attitude by a significant margin. Although she still does maintain a idiotically condescending attitude that hurts her more than it helps.
Dude it's a way over-the-top action game. Who gives a fuck.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Dude it's a way over-the-top action game. Who gives a fuck.

Yeah, this is the first time I've heard anyone, anywhere going on about Bayo's story or characters. "This plotline isn't developed at all. It's like it's just some flimsy excuse to explain the fighting."

Athena

Educated
I fckn love action games, but this franchise is always meh! I don't think Kamiya makes many good games, after all the hype about Okami when I finally played it was boring as fck. Just like fckn Bayonetta, also she is damn unappealing.
I would any day play a solo Trish or Lady game over Bayonetta. I have more fun running the endlessly bland halls of DMC4 than in any Bayonetta games.
MGRR is the best platinum game. God Hand is the best Clover game. Rest everything is mediocre.
I liked Viewtiful Joe (he was director, right?), but I kinda agree that Kamiya lost his way afterwards. Still, you have to appreciate that he tries doing different things imprinting his own personal character even if the games themselves end up lacking something. But anyway, he's past it, twitter destroyed his mind.
MGRR is the best platinum game. God Hand is the best Clover game. Rest everything is mediocre.
MGRR alongside XBOX Ninja Gaiden are the peak of the hack'n'slash genre. I admit I lost interest on such games after Bayonetta/MGRR, they end up feeling very repetitive.

Ivan

Arcane
they end up feeling very repetitive.
I call bull on this as well. I think the reason why I grew out of Diablo RPGs is because those felt truly repetitive b/c I'm just telling the avatar to do cool shit. In these games, I'm given the means with which to queue the verbs to make cool shit happen. New weapons, new animations, new combinations, I don't think I'll ever tire of that.

Athena

Educated
they end up feeling very repetitive.
"I play very repetitively". That's on you.
Yes, everything I write is in my subjective opinion, even if the statement sounds a bit generalist (I'm lazy and ESL). Tbh I liked these games years ago but with the passage of time I ended up seeking a little more agency in games that arcades can't provide. Anyways and with that said, I'd prefer an industry with more hack'n'slashes and fewer Californian-made products.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Bayonetta 3 needs to end with her in the shower like in Tomb Raider or something. Then she pulls out a big purple dildo and tells you it is time to leave.

Zlaja

Arcane
Why the hell is this thread in JRPG section? Makes no fucking sense.

And don't give me that "all Jap stuff should be in here" because stuff like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Metal Gear and Street Fighter is all in General Gaming.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Now you can play as a literal feminist Karen, just like any other current western game.

Platinum going downhill. But it was to be expected, Bayonetta always flirted with decline, filling the screen with purple crap, stupid finishers and being too female worshipping.

Just play MGRR and Vanquish.

orcinator

Liturgist
Okay now what do the autists with 3 million hours in each game think?
Shillup has shit taste so any endorsement from him should be taken as a warning that they made the game worse.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
In other news:
unknown.png

I'm assuming she and Luka hooks up.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
She's called Bayonetta, not Gayonetta. Plus she's not obese, of course she's not a lesbian.

Duraframe300

Arcane
She's called Bayonetta, not Gayonetta. Plus she's not obese, of course she's not a lesbian.
Bayo had always a strong motherhood theme as well. Cereza even mistakes her for here mom.

Gonna be a guess, but considering the previous games stories there's probably time fuckery again and Viola is actually their daughter.

That said, LGBTQASS people are used to just shoving in gay/whatever charachters into media that they don't notice if it doesn't make any fucking sense, so not surprised they don't realise it this time either. Love seeing them seethe.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter
For his patreons only with the pleb version coming years later.

The fact that people still donate to his patreon after his limp-wristed, faggy rant about racism in the Killzone retrospective is actually pretty impressive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom