Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BB: Dungeonbowl Expansion Thingy?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I just saw this today:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209390/

I am not familiar with this at all and I was wondering if any of you BB fans had heard of it, or played it.

What do you guys know about it?

grotsnik

Arcane
The tabletop version's meant to be quite fun; IIRC, it's a sort of mixture of BB and Warhammer Quest, with mixed-race teams running around in a randomly-created card dungeon trying to find the ball, featuring exploding chests and teleporters and bouncing balls off the walls and other bizarrities. I've only seen this expansion reviewed on RPS, and they definitely didn't care for it; the drastically reduced number of available races to pick from does sound baffling.

Their new Chaos Edition is coming out soon too, isn't it? Cyanide sure are squeezing every last drop out of the franchise.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
The tabletop version's meant to be quite fun; IIRC, it's a sort of mixture of BB and Warhammer Quest, with mixed-race teams running around in a randomly-created card dungeon trying to find the ball, featuring exploding chests and teleporters and bouncing balls off the walls and other bizarrities. I've only seen this expansion reviewed on RPS, and they definitely didn't care for it; the drastically reduced number of available races to pick from does sound baffling.

Their new Chaos Edition is coming out soon too, isn't it? Cyanide sure are squeezing every last drop out of the franchise.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to get it.

grotsnik

Arcane
Well, if you're interested in playing a bit of Blood Bowl again, there have been some vague and noncommittal burblings about getting another Codex league going in Fumbll or Cyanide...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Dungeonball was ok as a board game. But cyanides BB engine is terrible and the net code is unstable, laggy and doesn't allow you to reconnect if one of the players get booted. Pass.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, if you're interested in playing a bit of Blood Bowl again, there have been some vague and noncommittal burblings about getting another Codex league going in Fumbll or Cyanide...

:rpgcodex:

They have not been vague and noncommittal. A new, glorious Codexian Blood Bowl League WILL happen. Whether in FUMBBL or Cyanide I do not know yet, but it WILL happen. Whether I'll admin or not remains to be seen. But in the PM there was huge interest, so we're going forward with it.

However, I'm on vacation right now, and MicoSelva wanted to be in the league if we waited a while. So it's just a question of time :)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A new edition is out : Dungeonbowl - Knockout Edition, now with AI (took them long enough...), and all races included (instead of one DLC/race). It seems that most issues remain, though (no way to play solo with a custom team, some rules poorly or not implemented). Has someone given it a try?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
it needs to be removed from steam library forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom