Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Be afraid, be very afraid

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://kotaku.com/5314801/ubisoft-worki ... magic-game
While there's a new Might & Magic game on the way for the DS, those looking for something more...substantial will be happy to hear that Ubisoft's Shanghai studio are working on something called "Heroes of MM".

A listing for a job opening at the studio says that they're developing "Heroes of MM", which is described as "a brand new fantasy RPG title for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Mac".
What the? If it's an RPG why did the keep the "Heroes of" prefix?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
What the? If it's an RPG why did the keep the "Heroes of" prefix?

Everyone knows what HoMM is, but not everyone is aware that it was actually a spinoff series. Guess they stuck with the Heroes of, because people are more familiar with it.

Texas Red

Whiner
Let me get this straight. Nival's HoMM 5 with its 2 expansion and a huge community apparently didn't make enough money. And the next logical move is to give the series away to another company in Asia(guess on the name) and turn in to a generic action game for consoles where there is unparalleled competition.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I feel like it was raped pretty badly already with Dark Messiah. It was a shitty MM game and it was a shitty Arkane Studios game. The combat was fun, but everything else was lacking.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
something more...substantial

So an... RPG. How very... uninspired. Can't they just...stop wasting the oxygen?

Graaah, fuck off everybody who uses this kind of retarded writing and with the yet to be crowned kings, Obsidian.

Also, M&M franchise was raped and left puking blood several times before with various action titles for the consoles or for PC.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
thesheeep said:
Dark Messiah was actually fun.

Yep. It was definitely better than the buggy unbalanced fuckup that was Might and Magic 9.

I bet this new M&M RPG won't be party-based, though.

Luzur

Good Sir
JarlFrank said:
thesheeep said:

Yep. It was definitely better than the buggy unbalanced fuckup that was Might and Magic 9.

sure, i liked the game too, but i still dont see where the "Might and Magic" part fit in.

Micmu

Magister
HoMM died with IV (V is utter shit, too).

Still, necrophilia is not nice. BUT I GUESS IT HASN'T BEEN RAPED BY XBOX YET so now the story is complete!

Luzur

Good Sir
MetalCraze said:
thesheeep said:

If you find twitching "ultimate foot kick" button fun that is.
It was just another mediocre first-person akshun.

i actually found a long stairway in that Orc fortress where i had lots of fun kicking down 4 orcs repeatedly and watch them tumble into eachother.

but other then that part it was an OK game, but that was all.

Shoelip

Arbiter
What's her name was cute. The way she always tries to act tough but is totally useless... I just wanted to pat her head.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Luzur said:
JarlFrank said:
thesheeep said:

sure, i liked the game too, but i still dont see where the "Might and Magic" part fit in.

To be fair, M&M did have a few spinoffs back in the day whose names I cannot remember. One action game too I guess. It was just a spinoff set in the same world as Heroes V. Nothing wrong with that, as long as the name makes it clear that it's a spinoff.
Which this new HoMM RPG doesn't.

Durwyn

Prophet
JarlFrank said:
To be fair, M&M did have a few spinoffs back in the day whose names I cannot remember. One action game too I guess. It was just a spinoff set in the same world as Heroes V. Nothing wrong with that, as long as the name makes it clear that it's a spinoff.
Which this new HoMM RPG doesn't.

Crusaders of M&M - action-adventure slasher with minor RPG elements and Legends of M&M- some kind of multiplayer FPS that flopped badly. Dark Messiah wasn't bad, but it became tedious and boring after a while. I always loved M&M franchise. Even after HOMM IV/V and M&M 9. But that DS puzzle game killed this love.

Luzur said:
hoodoo said:
SimpleComplexity said:
RIP Might & Magic. One franchise less to rape.

Might and Magic the franchise have been dead since the release of MM9, so rather the young Heroes franchise thats being raped now.
That was nothing compared to what will follow with Ubisoft`s rape.

Just a reminder, they might do the same to Beyond Good and Evil. We`ll see.

Durwyn

Prophet
Dark Individual said:
What's wrong with HoMM 5, aside from the cutscenes?

Horrible art direction of units, small, maze-like maps, poor AI, and lack of the spark that made HOMM 3 so awesome. Don't know what exactly this spark thing is but HOMM 5 lacks it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom