Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Transfiguring Roar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Abelian Somebody's Alt

Abelian
    I'm curious how the character models and paper dolls are handled. IWD used the BG1 models, but Trials of the Luremaster added the BG2 character sprites, while keeping the BG1 inventory icons and paper dolls, resulting in a character sprite that looked very different from the paper doll. Fortunately, there is a patch that reverted to the BG1 sprites.

^ Top  
  2. Agesilaus Antiquity Studio Patron Developer

Agesilaus
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
    It's going to be great returning to Balor's arena a third time.

^ Top  
  3. Transfiguring Roar Arcane Patron

Transfiguring Roar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm liking that inventory screen, colours and all.

^ Top  
  4. Harold Arcane

Harold
    What's up with that idiotic font?

Oh... right... tablets.

^ Top  
  5. aVENGER Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

aVENGER
    The font size can be adjusted using a slider in the Options menu.

^ Top  
  6. SniperHF Arcane

SniperHF
    Said aVENGER another 85 times between now and release :deadhorse:

^ Top  
  7. Harold Arcane

Harold
    [1eyedking]
    Can it also be switched back to the non-sharpened, non-"cool", non-italicized numbers font of the original? You know, the one that fit with the storybook style the game was going for, along with the wood interface that served to contrast all the white snowy enviroments, unlike your current BG1 grayish-white stone that just fucks up said contrast?
    [/1eyedking]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. DavidW Barely Literate

DavidW
    No-one is ripping me off. I supplied Beamdog with a revised version of IWD-in-BG2 as a starting point back in December, though I don't know how much eventually was used from it as I haven't had time to be involved in the process since then. They have my (enthusiastic) consent to use my material, and of course with access to the source code it is possible to go vastly beyond what IWD-in-BG2 was ever able to do.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  9. Pein Novice

Pein
    So, they didn't touch the graphics at all again, because the source art mysteriously vanished for IWD as well?

Also, this is IWD in the BG:EE engine. With some more quests.

Ok, so let me get this straight, they are going to start working SOMETIME, on a BG3 or whatever, and people that wanna see that, have to pay 20$ a piece, like at least 80$+ for enchanced editions that didn't even alter graphics, when released 14 years later than the originals.

Do i need to continue? :deadhorse:

^ Top  
  10. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    I hope the modders who contributed at least gets a cut of the profits.
    Guys like DavidW, aVENGER and others have made quality stuff.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. GrainWetski Arcane

GrainWetski
    These lazy fucks are actually making a living by "enhancing" games that don't need it, aren't they?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Riel Cipher

Riel
    To be honest I found that statesment blunty true... why don't they enhance stuff that really needs it like Master of Magic for example.... yes I can run it in DosBox, but polished graphics and an improved AI would get my credit card out of my pocket.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Prints Barely Literate

Prints
    Pretty good business strategy. Take a good aged product, spend 3 days "enhancing it", release to 1/3 purchase price 15 years ago. Sounds excellent!

^ Top  
  14. Transfiguring Roar Arcane Patron

Transfiguring Roar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Personally I think it's no better or worse than kickstarter. But I will say that Beamdog do have a long way to go to prove that they can make enough quality content for a whole new game. It'll be interesting to see how 'adventure y' pans out.

^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/icewind/icewindee/icewindeeint.html

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wow. Well, honesty is good.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Immortal Arcane

Immortal

They learned the tactical skill of EA Apologetics.. Make horrible "mistakes" that increase margins at the expense of your user base.. User base gets pissed off.. Make an announcement of how you screwed up and let the fans down .. Let people know your going to change over a new leaf and you learned your lesson..

Turn around and fuck them even harder in 6 months.

Rinse and repeat.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Abelian Somebody's Alt

Abelian
    At least he got the idea behind the game and decided to not include some silly recruitable NPCs.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Do we know which version it will be yet?

1st Vanilla
    2nd Vanilla
    or
    Heart of Winter

?

^ Top  
  20. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    They took one look at Sawyers first joy ride as a designer and said "Fuck that.. Time to work on NWN For Tablet"

Just kidding.. IWDII was good.. doesn't hold a candle to IWD as far as atmosphere goes..

Emotional Time (open)

That first time entering Kulduhar and hearing the theme music by Jeremy Soule.. I swear I felt like I was actually in some calm forest or something.. It is one of my most memorable game experiences..

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. pippin Guest

pippin
    I'd actually be interested in a NWN:EE, but only if they release it ad an updated version of what it was in the beginning, that is, FRUA for the new generations. I'd gladly hand them some kwabux if they include the most popular modules (other than the Premium ones) of the past and add some new ones. I've been playing Infinite Dungeons and it's quite cool.

^ Top  
  22. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    [​IMG]

why

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. I dunno about anyone else, but I came

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. aVENGER Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

aVENGER
    Among other things, IWD:EE restores 5 previously unused music tracks.

Thanks to the original design documents, we knew exactly where and when they were intended to play.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Diablo169 Arcane

Diablo169
    I'm still trying to understand the logic behind "Story Mode" for Icewind Dale. Where there is barely any story to be had.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.