Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beat Saber

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This is a great VR game. Fun for old and young, doesn't get boring ever., and decent exercise too.

Poseidon00

Arcane
It is great normie bait but there are much, much better games for the platform.

With all these new headsets coming out, i'm cautiously optimistic for some more good games coming down the pipeline.

ADL

Prophet
This game is a hell of a workout on expert with a weighted vest or some ankle weights. A track like this will do the job.

Also watching your woman play is fun.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Ankle weights are a bad idea honestly. Surefire way to fuck up your joints.

I prefer Synth Riders but yeah Beat Saber is fine too. I just got jaded towards Beat Games since they blatantly lied about the Quest store standalone version getting custom songs (which it never did). They also screwed up the optimization so now there are infrequent framespikes causing you to miss hits and of course there is no crossbuy so i can't play it on pc without buying it again.

So yeah fuck them. In Synth Riders you get crossbuy, have more movement variety, get custom song support without mods, and it runs perfectly on standalone.

Pistol Whip is cool too but gets repetitive because there are no custom songs.

If you want to focus on workout i'd personally go with Les Mills Bodycombat (it has annoying coaches though that you can't turn off) or my favorite, Thrill of the Fight.

Nock is also a stellar movement intensive game. Its a shame the playerbase is so small.

Monolith

Prophet
it's a great way to warm up right before firing up Thrill of the Fight.

I like the campaign, up until the target was to... miss and be slow and whatnot. Now I'm just going through some of my favorites.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wanna try the Darth Maul style

Wow.

I wonder how much of the staff spinning actually helps with the flow, and how much of it is just showing off. I'm imagining the guy must have spent a lot of time training in some kind of real-world skill (go ahead and hit me with the Napoleon Dynamite quote if you have to). He might have only been one of the flag-spinner people from a marching band, but I'm pretty sure he must have gotten some practice before starting Beat Saber.

How good of a workout can you get in VR if there's no resistance to anything you're doing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom