Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beautiful shit

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Bought myself a new shaitan machine, hi-end, as they say.

Please recommend some very beautiful PC games which are also not completely dull for testing the boundaries of the beauty. If there are any.

Tried already on ultras:

Control (shit)
Sekiro (not so hi-end actually)
Plague Tale: Innocence (stupid voiceover)
DOOM4 (cartoon)
Agony (wtf is this)
Hellblade (cool, but I know the ending( )

Wanna try:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
ECHO
Fallen Order
Death Stranding
RDD2
Witcher 3 (they said it still rocks visually)
The Council
Star Citizen (is it even released?)

Initially I wanted to try Life Is Strange 2, Gears 4-5 and Assasin's Creed Whatever, but I'm afraid I will not be able to bear such stupidity.

Ideas?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I would love to see some ultra-beautiful RPG, of course (and that is the reason why I'll finally try The Outer Worlds), but who am I kidding, right?

Probably need to use this space machine for diving into Grimoire and get high on cognitive dissonance.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Devil May Cry 5

795A1236BACCD757824A152825207C8CAB648E88

7oidj6L.jpg

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The only reason to buy a high-end machine in my book is to play modern 4x games. Recent Warhammer and Total War releases look mighty fine. If they are half as good mechanics-wise, you shouldn't waste your time on shallow shite like Fallen Order, Hellblade, The Council, and most games movies you mentioned in OP.

Even better, play DF and try to generate a big world with long history. I doubt your shaitan machine is that good, though.

Farewell into the night

Kenshi is nice. It is very beautiful in a way, but maybe not in the terms of graphics.

Beowulf

Arcane
Take a look at Hunt Showdown.
It's made on latest iterations of CryEngine, so naturally it is really demanding on your machin, and looks really good.

Word of warning - it is a PvPvE multiplayer shooter.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
You could also try The Forest, OP.

Was it released finally? It was forever early access iirc.

Pathologic 2 eats your pc, and looks pretty good.

Its also a fucking masterpiece.

I know, I'm playing it! However, the production feels rushed: NPC models even on ultras are not as good as the textures which feels weird. But weirdness is the core of the game, so its okay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom