Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Been away awhile so has any of this transpired....

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Has HASBRO/WoTC contracted Obsidian to do a D&D setting game using the PoE engine?

Is there an actual new D&D game that is actually TURN BASED and isn't shit?

Has anyone taken the Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures model, and brought this to 2018? (Yes there is Dungeon Craft, haven't checked that for a while....).

Do we have any Specifics on Obsidian's Cain/Boyarski game yet?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Star traders frontiers maybe. Stellar tactics, but that's still in early access. Couple of stuff in development I think.

SniperHF

Arcane
I dunno the answer to those (except the D&D one, cause yeah...) but the Bard's Tale remaster came out and it's not shit so morale has slightly improved.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Has HASBRO/WoTC contracted Obsidian to do a D&D setting game using the PoE engine?

Has anyone taken the Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures model, and brought this to 2018? (Yes there is Dungeon Craft, haven't checked that for a while....).

No

The only decent DnD turn based game I have played in the last few years is Lords of Waterdeep but it's not an rpg so no I guess

None as far as I know

Not really

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Oh, Jaesun's back. Good. The newfaggotry has been on the nose.

As for D&D, Temple+ has come a long way.

Beamdog would like to make Goldbox EEs, but they can't.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

With Daggerdale and Sword Coast Legends its obvious that Hasbro has no qualms about giving D&D license in hands of cheap and incompetent developers.

So its just a matter of time when they contact Obsidian.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

This is like going to visit an old friend's house and asking if he is a millionaire yet.

Anyway, though, have you played Into the Breach? Not RPG but it's sci-fi turn-based lite and it's good.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Wait for Realms Beyond.

Realms Beyond will have an extensive editor that lets you create your own campaigns.

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper

As for your first question. It depends on what your definition of is is. Might want to check Prosperium for Redaxium threads and guess.

I don't understand your second question. Instead there's something you might like to know. There's a new rumor going around that Bethesda went into video card production. You must buy one of theisr if you want any kind of graphics engine optimizations to work. They even advert it ingame when your FPS drops too low.

As for Cain/Boyarski situation I can only say what they've contributed to my game. Which is redacted.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Check out Expedition:Vikings,cat quest,Spellforce 3, ELEX,KCD,Avernum3 a remake of a remake,The Dwarves was decent game. Deadfire and Divinity 2 are shit!

Mustawd

No.

As Jarl mentioned, Realms Beyond is an isometric, 2.5D, turn based rpg based on D&D’s 3.5 OGL. They’ve said they’ll release all tools and assets so ppl can make their own modules. Wow...just made myself hard typing all that.

Iceblink Engine is in 2.0 last time I checked. I think they even have added a first person mode to make it more like FRUA. Sadly the main thing holding it back are engine appropriate assets as
The resolution they use is 100X100 for regular character icons. slowdive might be able to update on progress.

There was a codexer who was making a module based on NWN OC original design document, and he was using assets he found on the internet. The screenshots were super impressive. Unfortunately, seems like the links are down.

What else have you missed? Hmmm

-Some newtard baited codexers by saying FO3 > FO2 and made it like a 50 page thread for some reason. I tried spamming WH40K pics in KC’s honor but I got bored and stopped.

-MCA dropped a bunch of gossip about Obsidian

-PoE2 is apparently much better than PoE1 but seems it sold worse.

-There was a Codex Dawn of War tourney that kind of fell apart IIRC. Was fun to watch RK47 ’s videos on that.

-Dark Underlord banned me for a week for drunkingly asking to self eject and then saying never mind literally the next morning. Oh and he failed to realize this until a montj and a half later. #dumb

-I pinged you multiple times and you failed to respond due to so many hours you’ve been playing in SOTA.

2018 has been a slow year for rpgs and good games in general. I think a lot of ppl are looking forward to Pathfinder Kingmaker but ither than that it’s been pretty quiet here, so we’ve amused ourselves with making silly Site feedback posts about stupid shit and tacos.

TL;DR Nothing much has changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom