Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best DAO Origin

Best Origin

• Total voters

v1rus

Arcane
Well, pretty big deal of users likes how origin stories were handled, and I'd like which one could be considered best.

I played through all of 'em - Dalish when I played the game on release, Dwarf Noble couple years ago when I tried replaying it a couple years ago, and the remaining 4 when i replayed a month ago.

I lean toward Dwarf Noble. Perhaps I should I replay it and compare it with the rest, but I really loved it the first time I played it. Heck, Im even tempted to make it through fucking deep roads again, this time with Dwarf Noble character, just to see all unique Bhalen reactions.

Vatnik Wumao
Dwarf noble, no question about it.

It's sad to think that it originally had even more content already made, but BioWare decided to cut it as for there to not be too much of a discrepancy in the amount of content for each origin.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Chose Magi. Honestly, they're all pretty good. Dalish Elf is the weakest though, odd because it is canon for multi media purposes.

The Jester

Cipher
Human Noble:obviously:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Magi origin, because (1) it allows you to play the best class in the game, and (2) this dialogue:

crymDgK.jpeg

Not sure about which origin is best. However, this is the best track of the game:

DAO had a lot of good tracks. Here's another one of my favorites:

Erebus

Arcane
Dwarf Noble, obviously.

A more difficult question would be : what's the worst origin ? I remember finding the two elven ones really bad, but I couldn't tell which one I liked least.

Blitzkrieg

Novice
Human noble is my favorite. I think it fits in really nice with the politics of the lands meet and the king and loghain. I also enjoy marrying anora and being racist to elves and killing Howe.

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
Dalish origin is really underwhelming. As far as gameplay effects I'd say Human and Dwarf Nobles get the most? Granted, it's been a while since I played. Human Noble especially ties nicely with the main plot.

My personal favourite is the City Elf beginning. I kept that ring on my Warden throughout the game. RIP Nelaros. ;___;

Dodo1610

Arcane
My ranking:

Dalish Elf get the more reactions than the others afaik since it was Gaider's favourite.
Dwarven nobel is the longest origin and has the only one where you actaully get a satisfying resultion for the origin events.
Magi is of course the only one which affects gameplay and has some cool unique options for quests.
Human nobel has a strong start but actually matters very little in the rest of the game aside from being able to become king or queen at the end.

Dwarf commoner and Elven allienage feel like afterthoughts and get basically nothing unique in the main game.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My favorite was the Magi origin. I really liked that twist at the end, and everything that happens with Jowan is a lot sadder since he was a really nice friend to the Warden. Dude was just a fuckup was all. I also like that interaction you get in the Witch Hunt DLC too. I thought that was definitely funny, "... pulling a Jowan" or something they call it now. I have to say that I feel Magi has by far the most interactions throughout the game.

Dwarf noble is really good too, though. Elven commoner is pretty fucking badass if you're playing as a girl.

By the way, other than the main theme, by far the best song in the game.

That main theme when you boot up the game, though, always gives me goosebumps. That one is the best overall song, but the Dwarven Suite is the best ambient track.

ekrolo2

Learned
I usually go for either Human or Dwarf noble, mostly because their narrative arcs with the family drama are compelling and tie into the grander settings politics. I do wish the Chasind, barbarian origin got put in though, roleplaying Warden Conan sounds like a good time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Dwarf noble. The elf ones are the worst tbh, both Dalish and City. They are short too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
female human noble wrapping royal bastard around my little finger and stealing crown for myself and kingdom > all these other cosmetic dialogue options :shitposting:

mage is ok too I guess, especially sacrificing the kid for sex with demon of slaanesh. (although then you miss blood magix)

Shadenuat

Arcane
oh right, I think I for once decided to play without dumping points into dialogue skill when I did that
man that skill makes this choice nearly not as interesting :M

I like the idea of long term planning for my personal ending/gains and that elvish and dwarvish whores (no offense) get nothing instead

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I only played the game once, so dwarf commoner is by default the winner for me.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
female human noble wrapping royal bastard around my little finger and stealing crown for myself and kingdom > all these other cosmetic dialogue options

A non-noble who becomes Alistair's Chancellor arguably has just as much power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom