1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Best DAO Origin

Discussion in 'BioWare' started by v1rus, Dec 19, 2020.

?

Best Origin

1. Human Noble

27.6%
  2. Elf Dalish

1.1%
  3. Elf Commoner

8.0%
  4. Magi

26.4%
  5. Dwarf Commoner

2.3%
  6. Dwarf Noble

34.5%
  1. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    Well, pretty big deal of users likes how origin stories were handled, and I'd like which one could be considered best.

I played through all of 'em - Dalish when I played the game on release, Dwarf Noble couple years ago when I tried replaying it a couple years ago, and the remaining 4 when i replayed a month ago.

I lean toward Dwarf Noble. Perhaps I should I replay it and compare it with the rest, but I really loved it the first time I played it. Heck, Im even tempted to make it through fucking deep roads again, this time with Dwarf Noble character, just to see all unique Bhalen reactions.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    Dwarf noble, no question about it.

It's sad to think that it originally had even more content already made, but BioWare decided to cut it as for there to not be too much of a discrepancy in the amount of content for each origin.

• Brofist x 3
    • Despair x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Not sure about which origin is best. However, this is the best track of the game:

• No No x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Chose Magi. Honestly, they're all pretty good. Dalish Elf is the weakest though, odd because it is canon for multi media purposes.

^ Top  
  5. Morii Scholar

Morii
    Human Noble:obviously:
    [​IMG]

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Nano Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Nano
    Magi origin, because (1) it allows you to play the best class in the game, and (2) this dialogue:

[​IMG]

DAO had a lot of good tracks. Here's another one of my favorites:

• Funny Funny x 13
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    Dwarf Noble, obviously.

A more difficult question would be : what's the worst origin ? I remember finding the two elven ones really bad, but I couldn't tell which one I liked least.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Blitzkrieg Novice

Blitzkrieg
    Human noble is my favorite. I think it fits in really nice with the politics of the lands meet and the king and loghain. I also enjoy marrying anora and being racist to elves and killing Howe.

• Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. mibbles codex grandma Patron

mibbles
    Dalish origin is really underwhelming. As far as gameplay effects I'd say Human and Dwarf Nobles get the most? Granted, it's been a while since I played. Human Noble especially ties nicely with the main plot.

My personal favourite is the City Elf beginning. I kept that ring on my Warden throughout the game. RIP Nelaros. ;___;

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Dodo1610 Magister

Dodo1610
    My ranking:

Dalish Elf get the more reactions than the others afaik since it was Gaider's favourite.
    Dwarven nobel is the longest origin and has the only one where you actaully get a satisfying resultion for the origin events.
    Magi is of course the only one which affects gameplay and has some cool unique options for quests.
    Human nobel has a strong start but actually matters very little in the rest of the game aside from being able to become king or queen at the end.

Dwarf commoner and Elven allienage feel like afterthoughts and get basically nothing unique in the main game.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Sad Loser

Mexi
    My favorite was the Magi origin. I really liked that twist at the end, and everything that happens with Jowan is a lot sadder since he was a really nice friend to the Warden. Dude was just a fuckup was all. I also like that interaction you get in the Witch Hunt DLC too. I thought that was definitely funny, "... pulling a Jowan" or something they call it now. I have to say that I feel Magi has by far the most interactions throughout the game.

Dwarf noble is really good too, though. Elven commoner is pretty fucking badass if you're playing as a girl.

By the way, other than the main theme, by far the best song in the game.

That main theme when you boot up the game, though, always gives me goosebumps. That one is the best overall song, but the Dwarven Suite is the best ambient track.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Dwarf is awesome, cos you get to be a dwarf

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    City Elf. Rape-revenge, what's not to like? Making the king speechless with your story is also fun.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Human Templar.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. ekrolo2 Learned

ekrolo2
    I usually go for either Human or Dwarf noble, mostly because their narrative arcs with the family drama are compelling and tie into the grander settings politics. I do wish the Chasind, barbarian origin got put in though, roleplaying Warden Conan sounds like a good time.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Dwarf noble. The elf ones are the worst tbh, both Dalish and City. They are short too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Dwarf and Human nobles are best and tie with story line most, Mage was OK same dwarf commoner (cause you still play as dwarf) elven ones were the worst but who plays as knife ear nancy?

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. v1rus Arcane

v1rus
    [​IMG]

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Alex Arcane

Alex
    I thought all daos came from the elemental plane of earth?

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Magi for me.

^ Top  
  21. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    female human noble wrapping royal bastard around my little finger and stealing crown for myself and kingdom > all these other cosmetic dialogue options :shitposting:

mage is ok too I guess, especially sacrificing the kid for sex with demon of slaanesh. (although then you miss blood magix)

^ Top  
  22. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :updatedmytxt:
    You don't have to, you can intimidate her to teach you blood magic and get nothing in return.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    oh right, I think I for once decided to play without dumping points into dialogue skill when I did that
    man that skill makes this choice nearly not as interesting :M

I like the idea of long term planning for my personal ending/gains and that elvish and dwarvish whores (no offense) get nothing instead

^ Top  
  24. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I only played the game once, so dwarf commoner is by default the winner for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Nano Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Nano
    A non-noble who becomes Alistair's Chancellor arguably has just as much power.

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.