Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best DAO Origin

Best Origin

• Total voters

Delterius

Arcane
the developers intent was for mages to be broken, bro
I given the invul sphere example for a purpose - we know that there was a script in it to clear enemy aggro, but it wasn't used due to some mistake in code.
and I gave the paralysis explosion example for a purpose - we know that every mage spell is either powerful or broken, band aids do not change that

but hey i guess that makes me bad or something

Shadenuat

Arcane
there there. you're not bad, dao is bad, Bioware forced rpg genre into decline.
even though it was massively incline compared to shit which was kotor and well everything between bg and dao

Delterius

Arcane
incorrect, I had fun with it -- played it 7 times

it was after all RPG Codex GOTY 2009

but i can see how beyond broken it is. DA:O was never fully put together in the first place

Starwars

Arcane
I liked the male human noble origin. Back in the day when the game was released, I remember being damn impressed that the game actually allowed me to marry Anora.
Not that it exactly opens up a whole new dimension of gameplay or anything but it is a very nice thing.

v1rus

Arcane
there there. you're not bad, dao is bad, Bioware forced rpg genre into decline.
even though it was massively incline compared to shit which was kotor and well everything between bg and dao

:decline:

2019-02-04-image-22.jpg

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I would choose magi, but their dress is really gay, so I go with human noble, because you can shag the pretty elf in the prologue

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You have to play the elvish quest line to get that, and it's late game content in terms of enemy levels
I'm pretty sure DA:O features level scaling and you can go wherever you want after you are done with Lothering. Yeah, the game funnels you towards Redcliffe first, but it isn't mandatory to go there right away.

Absinthe

Arcane
The level scaling is within specific level bands, for some reason. If you go to Denerim early and start sidequesting there, you will notice that. I think the path to Orzammar also has some enemies that have a higher starting level for whatever reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom